If Packers vs Saints in NFC Champ.

CheeseMonster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to be honest with myself. Im as much as a packer fan as everyone else in these forums.
If they play the saints in the NFC championship game. It is a coin flip.

Some might say home field advantage is the deciding factor. Though it certainly helps, i dont think
its going to give much of an edge. The way we played them in week 1 was a shootout with homefield.

Look at the first fumble. Marques Colston has the one of the surest hands in the league. arguably better than any wide reciever we have. He is not known for fumbling. after that we gained momentum through out the game. barely. we had to force that pass interference the last play to avoid a tie.

strong facts. Saints cant stop us, and we cant stop the Saints. We are a scary team. I have to admit once again though. Saints are also a very scary team. Im sure they feel the same way about us.

Packers and saints are record setting teams with recent superbowls. It is going to be one hell of a game thats going to keep us on our toes all day.

The giants we might bump into as well. They gave us a close game, but unfortunately for them...we are going to shred through them like paper just like the saints did.

saints @ packers.
any thoughts on this being a coin flip?

12theTruth

It'll be very tough. I am most worried about Sproles. He embarassed us earlier this year and has had a record setting year to boot. It looks like New Orleans improved defensively since we first played them as well. The weather could be an equalizer though. Maybe Mike Neal or S'oto could provide the missing pash rush we have been missing all year? I still like the Pack but by a squeaker.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers' achilles heel going into the playoffs is their lack of pass rush. The offense is firing. The OL is getting healthy and is looking good. With Bishop and Pickett in there the defense looked better against the run. But the pass rush is still non-existent.

OP
OP
CheeseMonster

CheeseMonster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sproles is a beast. but they are going to face our offense too. Its going to be a repeat of the Cards Packers game in 2009. Just passes of 40+ yards left and right. I wouldnt be surprised to see that game being a record setting game for scoring. i can picture 56-52 Packers. LOL or ever scarier. OT is not out of the realm of real possibilities.

The only other thing im concerned about is our run game. Starks is an injury waiting to happen. Grant shows up when he wants too, and saine is floating around in the picture. It think our best back is Kuhn. Hes our power back for tough yards. thats how we have to play it

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Gotta find it, but someone a friend of mine posts with on another board compiled some numbers regarding the Saints on grass that were very interesting.

Starting to feel like I did last year: I'm always aware of the possibility of a loss, but I like our chances. I do.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Analysts on ESPN were pointing out how Brees was different outside compared to the dome. It will be very cold if they play so who knows.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I'll worry about the Saints if they make it this far, they have to get through next week and the Niners at home before they come calling in Lambeau. Meanwhile we need to worry about the Giants unless the Falcons pull an upset next week.

OP
OP
CheeseMonster

CheeseMonster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not worried about any other team in the league besides saints. if we beat them we got the superbowl again! I dont think AFC teams can compare to NFC teams. patriots are the afc's best shot at the superbowl, and there pass def is 31st in the league. Rodgers will score every drive with no problem. This super bowl goes to the NFC.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People should not say how cold it will be our coldest day will be on Thursday with that said say we play the saints like some feel we will,Brees can put it up in the air our pass rush is awful,but yesterday 5 t.d.s for Stafford was good,if we hold Brees to that many and stop the run witch I think we will do A-Rod will get more than 5 and I think this game will boil down too witch q.b. has guys to get the ball too,that I have to say will be us the guys up front Clifton is back A-Rod controls the clock better,I don't think Cards game because our d-line will be a beast in playoffs whole new season.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
If the Packer face the Saints for the Championship, I'll probably watch the game with crossed fingers and every lucky talisman I can find. AND I'll exercise great sphincter control every time Brees throws long on our defense.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know how anyone could say they're not worried about any team at this point in the season. The teams left are here for a reason. Have to play just about perfect to win from here on out. Any team is capable of beating us and really wouldn't be a shock given our weaknesses.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to be honest with myself. Im as much as a packer fan as everyone else in these forums.

Some might say home field advantage is the deciding factor. Though it certainly helps, i dont think
its going to give much of an edge. The way we played them in week 1 was a shootout with homefield.

Look at the first fumble. Marques Colston has the one of the surest hands in the league. arguably better than any wide reciever we have. He is not known for fumbling. after that we gained momentum through out the game. barely. we had to force that pass interference the last play to avoid a tie.

strong facts. Saints cant stop us, and we cant stop the Saints. We are a scary team. I have to admit once again though. Saints are also a very scary team. Im sure they feel the same way about us.

Packers and saints are record setting teams with recent superbowls. It is going to be one hell of a game thats going to keep us on our toes all day.

The giants we might bump into as well. They gave us a close game, but unfortunately for them...we are going to shred through them like paper just like the saints did.

saints @ packers.

Not a coin flip cold is a extra player. Look when saints had go Chicago a couple years ago its fumbles and dropped passes.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think people are under-estimating the home field advantage. Over the last two years, Lambeau has once again become a very inhospitable place for the visiting team.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
One fact seems stronger than ANY of the others. Saints are a dome team, how will they fare in the Frozen Tundra with an icy wind blowing through the field? It can't help Brees and his receivers. Even the leather on the ball gets cold and slick and hard to hang onto. We are more used to it than they could ever be.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weather could be a factor but Sunday a dome team(Lions) but up a lot of yards against the Packers. The anouncers said it was windy in GB for Sundays game and I think it was like 30 degrees. Not having Woodson and Matthews in there was a factor of course. But I don't believe the weather will effect the Saints as much as people believe. We just can't expect the weather to make up for a poor defense. Furthermore, we don't know what the weather will be like for that game.

fahad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish you Guys & my friends all the best.. I really wish that my team face the GB in the NFC Championship.. That would be an excellent game to watch, both offensive power teams. I would love that for sure.
Good luck to you guys and happy new year.

Best Regard
Fahad

L

Lunchboxer

saints @ packers.

I say not. I think the cold weather and being in out place would put the saints off balence.

Saints are comfortable in a Dome not a snowy -12 Degree weather outside.

Saints did not look good when they visited the Titans.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, probably something similar to what we did to drop 40+ points on the Saints D in the first game, which we won.

Jack Torres

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know, probably something similar to what we did to drop 40+ points on the Saints D in the first game, which we won.

POS Woodson better watch his back. He deserves a clock cleaning. I can't wait to play y'all again. Brees put up 400 yards with Collins so I expect 500 without him, and don't laugh cause y'all just let Stafford do it.

Seriously, 244 yards to Megatron? Parcells taught Payton it is a SIN to let a team's best player beat you. I think Dom Capers needs to take a class or two.

Members online

Latest posts