1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

If Owners Back out on CBA - Salary Cap is gone for good

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by bigfog, Feb 9, 2008.

1. bigfog

bigfog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yikes, this is looking worse by the day. Here's the latest from PFT. The guy who represented NHL owners in their recent lockout is now on the side of NFL owners. Anyone else getting that sinking feeling yet? Greed is slowly starting to tear the NFL asunder.

2. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Just looking at things from a larger scale, something is going to bring down the machine that has become the NFL. No great thing lasts forever. The NFL has been gaining popularity and clout for the last decade. I would say with the NFL channel and year round activity (draft day) trades, preseason. That they have hit their max with growth. Now, the only option is alterating the business model which usually leads to conversations about the 'good old days'.

The good news would be, should the salary cap be lifted, my yard work would get completed regularly in the fall.

3. bigfog

bigfog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's more bad news. From PFT as usual:

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Greed......it always ruins a good thing. The owners and players are filthy rich, yet NEITHER side wants to give in. How stupid is that?
    I myself am getting sick and tired of the greedy SOB's.

5. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here Cheesey. Right now college football is looking more appealing by the minute. To bad too. Now that I have time to enjoy the NFL they try and spoil it.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I just don't see this not getting resolved. I think it's just alot of posturing on both sides. They HAVE to be smart enough to know they are slitting their own throats if they don't get this done.
    The ONLY thing that would scare me is if Matt Millen was put in charge.

7. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If Matt was put in charge there would be a lockout on all players except for receivers.