1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

If not in WI...how do you watch packer games?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by musccy, Aug 21, 2006.

1. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No I haven't. Rogers is a huge ripoff, but I live in a condo and Bell doesn't have HD channels (yet) without buying a dish, which I'm not allowed to have. If you're able, I'd get a dish from Bell. Much cheaper and much better service (also much better internet connection).

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually as far as the internet goes, I never got a liking for bell. Rogers is the only one I find suitable. :-?

As for the dish, I have been contemplating getting it for a while. Will probably bootleg it sometime in the near future. :D Although I can't wait to see NFL games in HD, and I don't mind paying big money for that.

3. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    DirectTV just opened its worldwide Customer relations and programing office here in Missoula. A young couple moved in across the street from us two months ago and the wife works for Direct TV. As a perk/benefit, they get the Sunday ticket and direct TV to their house for no cost. I'm gonna figure out how to set up a midnight raid and tap in. :twisted:

Anyone want to start a "Bob's Bail Fund?"

4. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Heck, I'll do your case pro-bono. :wink:

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    keep your bono in your pants.

6. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    HAHA! Nice one.

BTW - I'm still waiting for the money you owe me for getting you out of your tickets. :wink:

7. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You can get HD with the dish, just not yet with the Bell TV for condos thing they have now.

8. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Really? Never knew that. Thanks TO!

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    My good looks got me out of my tickets!

[​IMG]

10. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Well who can resist a face like that?

11. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    musscy,

Get a short wave/Ham radio at a flea market or somewhere and you should be able to get Wisconsin radio!

12. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
  13. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ouch!! Man, you guys are getting screwed south of the border.

In Canada, I can get the Super Sports Package from Rogers Cable for $26.95/month (4 month minimum). This includes the Sunday Big Ticket, NHL Center Ice, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball, MLB Extra Innings and NASCAR In Car. We already subscibe to Rogers Digital Cable so I order this package for the football season and cancel in January.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

14. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I got Sunday Ticket off Bell satelite up here for 180$. If cost is high go in with a couple guys who you all get together with on Sunday

15. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    MEDIACOM Channel 39

[​IMG]

16. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NFL Field Pass allows you to listen to the game online (with the regular home announcers) for $29.95 a season or $9.95 a month.

Another option to listen to games is http://www.thegamelive.com which is a listing of radio stations that may possibly carry the games online on a 7 second delay (not live). Some - like WTMJ - will black out the game to stay within the true spirit of the NFL's presumed rights to get paid for the broadcast but you can usually find one that carries the game. Sometimes, however, you may get stuck listening to the opponent's broadcast.

DIRECTV's current offer is for new customers who sign up for Sunday Ticket. They get free installation and all 250 channels (including 31 premium) for 69.99 a month for 4 months. Then, after the season, the price reverts to the normal $99.99 for the premium package. you can get details at www.directv.com but be sure to read the fine print.

As you can tell from my name, I can relate to your problem. In most normal years - even last year - I still get to watch close to half the games just through the regular networks. A lot of times last year, due to Brett throwing so much, the games took longer and the Packers were the game that the network switched to after all the others were over. That may change if they get a running game going.

17. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Or instead of paying and waiting for games to switch to Packer games near the end, you can get free audio play-by-play that is LIVE (not to mention free) right here on pf.com!!!

Click here for more info on FREE AUDIO Play-by-play!!!

What is neat is that while you are listening to the audio play-by-play, you will have the oppertunity to submit questions and have them answered. No advertisements or anything, just Packer broadcasting!!!