1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

If not in WI...how do you watch packer games?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by musccy, Aug 21, 2006.

1. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    OK, I'm very naiive here since I've always lived in WI, but for my first season out of state, I need to know what to do....

To get sunday ticket, do you NEED to get DirectTV? Are there other TV/cable options? Internet broadcasts?

Are there options through radio broadcasts?

How often can you get games at a sports bar?

I apologize if many of these questions are stupid, but I'm trying to find my best options. thanks in advace!

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    NFL network sometimes shows preseason games (they show all of them this year it seems, but at odd times)

NFL network and Sunday Ticket are not the same thing. NFL network is a channel that some of us get with our cable\dish plan.

3. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I either go to my friend's house, who has sunday ticket and 5 flat screen TVs set up, or I find a place to go that has the games. Jillians, now David and Busters (don't know if they have them by you) shows all the games on big screens.

Dish/Sunday ticket are just too expensive to have for the sole purpose of watching football games

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    DISH Network is the way to go! :) (sorry, i am bias)

5. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    DirectTV and Sunday ticket is how I make sure I get all the Packer games. It's not the sole reason I have it, but it's nice to have.

I'll like my satellite service even better when I can get the local channels with it...

6. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I have one roommate who wants the cheapest cable possible, so I'm doubting he's going to go for dish network, esp. since he's not a packer fan.

Are there ways to get radio broadcasts over the internet?

7. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    ndpack...what's the cost?

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Dish is good :)

You can get locals with DISH Network.

9. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Musccy, for radio online you can click "Listen Online" under gameday on the left side of this page

10. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah I know but DISH Network doesn't carry the NFL ticket yet. When and/or if they ever do, I'll switch over.

11. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    zero to cool...if the price is right....what am I looking at for dish and sunday ticket?

12. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    and subin...how good is the quality of the broadcast? Is it the regular packer announcers (Irwin and mcCarren??)?

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

DISH Network does not have the Sunday Ticket programming yet. Word is the contract with DirecTV is ending after the 07 season and DISH Network is gonna spend mad cash to get it. They realized how much of a mistake it was to not get it in the first place.

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    will they lower the ridiculous price that its currently at?

15. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    $$$...what would I be looking at for DirectTV + sunday ticket...I heard sunday ticket alone was in the 200 dollar range...

Can you get Sunady ticket w/out directv, or is that it?

BTW, thanks a lot for the help so far!!!

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

DirecTV owns sole rights to it currently.

17. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Sunday Ticket is $279.96 New Customer Offer

18. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

19. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    wow...279 in addition to the cost of directTV = HUGE kick to the balls!

Starting to look like I'm going to have to resort to sports bars.

20. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We are still a few weeks away from the first game of the season, so I'll get back to you on this musccy.... :)

21. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    thanks aadp...but this is getting bad...I've already missed 2 preseasons and family night...I can't miss more, although the next game is a national game, thankfully

22. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We have the NFL ticket, so we get all the games on TV, so that would mean we watch them in our family room,,,just wished we would have one of those big flat screens that would be cool...

23. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In the Great White North you can get Sunday Ticket on regular digital cable. It's part of a $26.99 a month package which includes Sunday Ticket, MLB extra innings, NCAA football and basketball games from ESPN and NHL Center Ice. I usually get this package for September through March so I can watch more NCAA tourney games in HD so it costs me around $190 for the year (which is less than the $200 that Sunday Ticket costs by itself up here).

24. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    No...you must have Direct TV to get the Sunday Ticket. Direct TV basic will cost you between $40-$60 per month. Then you can add on premium channels. Sunday Ticket will cost you between $150 and $200 per year. This is a one time fee. You can have them bill you over three months. I believe Sept, Oct and Nov. They are always having specials so being a new subscriber you can probably get them to cut the price.

Your best bet is to go to a Best Buy and check out their specials. They will sell you the equipment and install it. Sometimes this is free if you you sign up for their service.

I used to think that the very cheapest way was to find a bar that has Sunday Ticket (most of them do now), until I got the check for the beer and wings, etc.

25. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's actually the smart thing to do, thanks for the info TO.

On a side note, have you ever been successful in getting some extra channels/deal free of cost from Rogers? They don't have the American system of you getting your deal from teh guy that comes to instal the cable, and often time Rogers is a rip off.