If no one else will say it I will

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You are right, it was the niners. Read the play by play wrong. Now the real question, do the Ravens take down the Pats? Another elite offense taken out by a good defensive team. Ravens/Niners SB?

*gasp* Beat Tom Terrific and the Pats? You crazy raptorman!!! All Brady does is win every game by himself and win a ring every year. You know the Pats this year have beaten......well they have beaten.......and the last several teams who beat them in the playoffs were tough defensive teams with game managing QBs and strong run games......

Nevermind.

They do look a lot like the Packers though.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I watched "Brady 6" tonight. His story and Rodgers' are so similar in so many ways.

I wish I understood why - in a league that accepts and admires a Michael Vick - people find such fault with a guy like this. He has spent his whole life having to prove himself, and he's done it and done it and done it. And I think he's got a very good chance of doing it again. Is there some awful thing he's done that I've missed or something? He seems to me to be one of the NFL's good guys.

More Bradys, more Rodgers, fewer Vicks, please.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I watched "Brady 6" tonight. His story and Rodgers' are so similar in so many ways.

I wish I understood why - in a league that accepts and admires a Michael Vick - people find such fault with a guy like this. He has spent his whole life having to prove himself, and he's done it and done it and done it. And I think he's got a very good chance of doing it again. Is there some awful thing he's done that I've missed or something? He seems to me to be one of the NFL's good guys.

I don't hate Brady. I respect him. I hate the Pats though.......

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For starters it probably doesn't help that he plays on a team that was accused of cheating.
Your right though that there are worse things he could have done.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
I don't hate Brady. I respect him. I hate the Pats though.......

Okay. I must be reading something into those nicknames you have for him. ;) Lol (Big Pats/Colts rivalry - would expect you to feel exactly how you feel about the Pats. Makes sense to me. And fwiw, I have tried hard over the years to get my best friend - a Pats fan - to quit hating on Peyton...another good guy!)

Quite seriously, if you get a chance to see "Brady 6", I bet you'd find it very interesting. He actually breaks down a little, talking about all the rejection he faced. Made me tear up myself, actually.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
For starters it probably doesn't help that he plays on a team that was accused of cheating.
Your right though that there are worse things he could have done.

We've probably had that discussion before. :) I think Bill Belichick rides the razor's edge sometimes, but I can't blame Brady for that.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Okay. I must be reading something into those nicknames you have for him. ;) Lol (Big Pats/Colts rivalry - would expect you to feel exactly how you feel about the Pats. Makes sense to me. And fwiw, I have tried hard over the years to get my best friend - a Pats fan - to quit hating on Peyton...another good guy!)

Quite seriously, if you get a chance to see "Brady 6", I bet you'd find it very interesting. He actually breaks down a little, talking about all the rejection he faced. Made me tear up myself, actually.

I was in college in Boston when Brady took over the Pats. I saw enough Brady lovey dovey stuff lol. Funny thing is sooooo many Pats fans didn't even want him when he took over or had strong doubts. The bandwagon, she got strong in early 2002.

BTW it was still A FUMBLE.

God this weekend is gonna SUCK to watch without the Packers there. If only the Packers play middle of the road D, damnit.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
I hear that, Jules. I do. I am focusing all my energy on hoping someone embarrasses the living hell out of the New York Giants. It's keeping me going. Lol

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I hear that, Jules. I do. I am focusing all my energy on hoping someone embarrasses the living hell out of the New York Giants. It's keeping me going. Lol

I don't have a real feel for this weekend. Maybe I am numb now. Ugh. I am not sure the Niners can embarrass them. Maybe but I feel like at times I have seen this movie with the Giants before.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. I was coming here hoping and expecting to see classy Packer fans upset at the loss, but keeping perspective, and certainly keeping their dignity. I guess not. I'd rather move across the river and wear purple than be associated with some of the folks in this thread.

There doesn't have to be an excuse. The Packers blew it. The Giants played better. End of story.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wow. I was coming here hoping and expecting to see classy Packer fans upset at the loss, but keeping perspective, and certainly keeping their dignity. I guess not. I'd rather move across the river and wear purple than be associated with some of the folks in this thread.

There doesn't have to be an excuse. The Packers blew it. The Giants played better. End of story.

What should we talk about then?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have a real feel for this weekend. Maybe I am numb now. Ugh. I am not sure the Niners can embarrass them. Maybe but I feel like at times I have seen this movie with the Giants before.
It all comes down to who wants it more.
Obviously the Giants did.
Hopefully the 9ers will.
Hard to say since wildcard teams play as if they got nuthin to lose while sometimes those who get a bye can play it kinda cushy.
But I think the 9ers will be plenty fired up and hopefully there won't be any shocking deaths to anyone associated with the team.
It's also good that it's at Candlestick.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There are posts like that here and there.
We are already discussing the needs to get back to winning form next season.
You could always start a thread on what you want to see discussed instead of whining about it.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It all comes down to who wants it more.
Obviously the Giants did.
Hopefully the 9ers will.
Hard to say since wildcard teams play as if they got nuthin to lose while sometimes those who get a bye can play it kinda cushy.

Its tough to call this weekend. My playoff predictions have not been exactly off the charts either thus far so who the heck knows.

I do know that a team who has played in the WC round has had very good luck for a while lately.

2005: Steelers won as 6th seed
2006: Colts won as 3rd seed
2007: Giants won as 5th seed
20010: Packers won as 6th seed

I knew we were unlikely to have Packers/Pats though. I think only twice since 1993 have we seen first seed vs. first seed. Back in the early 90's it was Cowboys/Bills. In 2009 the miracle happened and both the Saints/Colts got in as first seeds.

AFC first seeds also have had bad luck since 2005

2005: Colts lose in divisional round as first seed
2006: Chargers lose in divisional round as first seed
2007: Pats lose in SB as first seed
2008: Titans lose in divisional round as first seed
2009: Colts lose SB as first seed
2010: Pats lose in divisional round as first seed

In the NFC I don't know how far back to go but the luck for the first seed has not been so hot either. Just the 2009 Saints have won it all. Saints might be the one team that I feel if they have homefield is almost a near lock.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What should we talk about then?

Driver situation.
Finley situation.
Woodson situation.
The 28th draft pick.
What coaches might leave.
Who could replace the coaches that might leave.
How the 9ers can beat the Giants.
How the Ravens can beat the Pats.
Training camp changes due to CBA.
Hugh Jackman.
Anything, anything, anything at all.

Or you could browse pictures of Miss America for a creepily long time.

Anything but sit around drawing lines between the recently deceased and a football game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Maybe this is the alternate ending. :)

Haha who knows. But if before the season people called a Giants at Niners title game we all would have laughed.

I was never truly high on the Saints as many were. BUT, the Saints were less then 2 minutes or if they had not turned it over a few times away from pulling a 2006 Colts and hosting the title game at home as the third seed over the 4th and then going on to win the big one. The Saints usually destroy the Giants at home. And in the SB.....Brees has always been a Patriot killer and he can beat Baltimore.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Driver situation.
Finley situation.
Woodson situation.
The 28th draft pick.
What coaches might leave.
Who could replace the coaches that might leave.
How the 9ers can beat the Giants.
How the Ravens can beat the Pats.
Training camp changes due to CBA.
Hugh Jackman.
Anything, anything, anything at all.

Or you could browse pictures of Miss America for a creepily long time.

Anything but sit around drawing lines between the recently deceased and a football game.

Oh, yea I agree, I thought you were mad about my talking about Capers. I agree about blaming the game on Philbins kid is downright disturbing. I don't even know which thread im posting in anymore, they all seem the same. Same topics in different threads is getting me all confused.

That's why I said this on page 3..

This thread is FULL OF FAIL.

Blaming losses on deaths like it's their fault. Grow the (bad word) up.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can someone give me more of an explanation of Philbin and McCarthy's role? McCarthy is the playcaller... is he making up the plays? What does Philbin do? Just trying to get clarification.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can someone give me more of an explanation of Philbin and McCarthy's role? McCarthy is the playcaller... is he making up the plays? What does Philbin do? Just trying to get clarification.

Eh this is kind of an educated guess but, during the week makes the game plan such as watching a lot of film of the opponents defense and their tendencies picking out plays that will work and wont work against them, how to attack them offensively.

On game day hes up in the both so he can see their defensive alignments and such to try to figure out what they're doing as far as types of coverages and make the right adjustments and send what he sees from above down to McCarthy.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The OC didn't turn the ball over 3 times, the OC wasn't dropping passes, the OC wasn't running poor routes and not getting open....face it, the offense just picked the wrong time of the year to come out and lay an egg...
By that great logic it's never the coaches' fault. Then why do they get fired???

They "picked" the wrong time? I don't think just the death of Philbin's son explains everything and is the sole reason why we lost that game, but it is very clear that it did have an affect on the offense's play. The lack of focus and preparation during took it's toll, the players are only humans after all.

As for the defense, they didn't allow a single first down conversion in the 3rd quarter, and if not for the hail mary, the game would be 13-10. The 4th quarter was a team collapse.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO that was an entire TEAM loss: Players and coaches.
IMO it's almost impossible for anyone outside the team to know and I think that’s usually the case regarding the coordinator on the same side of the ball as the HC. How much input does the Bears' DC have on Lovie's D? How much responsibility did Tom Rossley have regarding Mike Sherman's offense? We can find out what Philbin does during the week and games but IMO we just don't know how much impact he has on the offense.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should have played Aaron IMO vs. the Lions. If for just a half. Sitting this long is a bad idea for a team who relies so heavily on their QB and passing game to have success.

I agree that was rust showing and strong pass rush with decent coverage down field.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score

except Rodgers team did not cheat

Members online

Latest posts