If Niners visiting fans want to keep bringing it up....

AFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, since Rodgers is only a 2nd stringer compared to the greatness that is Kaepernick, may I ask if there's anything Kaepernick cannot do?

Please, niner fans all recognize that Rodgers is the best (or at least top 3) Qb in the league. You forget that Rodgers vs Smith threads populated our boards for YEARS, and we were all envious of the Qb he developed into.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody has denied you kicked our *** in either game have we ?? This is a new season though so previous doesn`t count anymore. Maybe we could go on the kansas, raider and patriots forums and go on about how we beat THEM ?? just saying.

I wish I could give more than just one positive rating for this comment.

I just like to stay here and let the trolls and fans of other teams show up.
Never fails in the few years I've been a Packer forum member leading up to the game between the two opponents.
It's like we are the sweet jelly and they are the pesky flies.
Just what is it about us that makes them want to bother us so much?

Last edited:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I sincerely hope the Packers are too focused on his running ability, and underestimate how well he passes the ball from the pocket.
Now that is silly. Last game we were apparently completely unprepared for the RO because we realized what a superb passer he was, and ignored how fast he was.

Giedi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could give more than just one positive rating for this comment.

I just like to stay here and let the trolls and fans of other teams show up.
Never fails in the few years I've been a Packer forum member leading up to the game between the two opponents.
It's like we are the sweet jelly and they are the pesky flies.
Just what is it about us that makes them want to bother us so much?
As much as I agree that this is a new season, and the past doesn't count. Most of the *past* matchup problems are still there. A mobile QB with a powerful run game against a Defense that has problems with power run teams.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As much as I agree that this is a new season, and the past doesn't count. Most of the *past* matchup problems are still there. A mobile QB with a powerful run game against a Defense that has problems with power run teams.

But that is where you very well could be wrong.

Our defense line and LB are different now...Go look at the starters and subs on the line and lb from the playoff game..Now go look at the same for this year

Not saying we still wont have issue with power running,..But we just dont know yet because of all the new players

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too bad, snapper soup is delicious.
Since this thread is going nowhere, it's time for a side story...

Years ago I was working in Memphis. A new project manager showed up and we weren't seeing eye to eye. As cohorts, I suggested we go out to dinner so that we could smooth things over and get a good working relationship going. We went to a restaurant that I'd wanted to try, which turned out to be a down home seafood joint. That's when I found out that she was a staunch vegetarian. Everything had seafood including every salad, soup, and appetizer. She was disgusted and complaining from the start. We had only been in the restaurant ten minutes and she was really starting to annoy me. She ordered a salad with the shrimp and several other items removed. When the waiter told us the specials, he mentioned turtle soup. I'd never even heard of such a thing. How glorious! She was horrified that I would eat a turtle. I went on to also devour a seafood etouffee that was outstanding. I never had so much fun eating meat in front of a vegetarian and it all started with that delicious turtle soup.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

Years ago I was working in Memphis. A new project manager showed up and we weren't seeing eye to eye. As cohorts, I suggested we go out to dinner so that we could smooth things over and get a good working relationship going. We went to a restaurant that I'd wanted to try, which turned out to be a down home seafood joint. That's when I found out that she was a staunch vegetarian. Everything had seafood including every salad, soup, and appetizer. She was disgusted and complaining from the start. We had only been in the restaurant ten minutes and she was really starting to annoy me. She ordered a salad with the shrimp and several other items removed. When the waiter told us the specials, he mentioned turtle soup. I'd never even heard of such a thing. How glorious! She was horrified that I would eat a turtle. I went on to also devour a seafood etouffee that was outstanding. I never had so much fun eating meat in front of a vegetarian and it all started with that delicious turtle soup.

LMAO.....NICE !!!! Should got the surf and turf and ate a rare tenderloin in front of her with a bloody mess on your plate...lol

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please, niner fans all recognize that Rodgers is the best (or at least top 3) Qb in the league. You forget that Rodgers vs Smith threads populated our boards for YEARS, and we were all envious of the Qb he developed into.

That was in response to USArmyParatrooper, who I assume was being slightly facetious, but you never know.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
They'll still be good, Kaep is nice, but they'll never be this good again. They put all their eggs in one basket to push for 6.
Yeah them and another NFC west team. Draft and develop, that's the difference between a great run of a few years and a drought of 20 years with being a consistent contender for 30 years. Pack and Steelers have the same philosophy and the same long term success.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Yeah them and another NFC west team. Draft and develop, that's the difference between a great run of a few years and a drought of 20 years with being a consistent contender for 30 years. Pack and Steelers have the same philosophy and the same long term success.
Curious as to who that other NFCW team is. The one that shall remain nameless has Schneider at the helm, who came from Wolf and Thompson. They have a few nice bottles of wine aging in the cellar.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LMAO.....NICE !!!! Should got the surf and turf and ate a rare tenderloin in front of her with a bloody mess on your plate...lol

Being a staunch vegetarian or vegan myself I never find anything funny regarding cruelty to animals.

94niners

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can brag about beating us all they want to but it has no relevance on Sunday. None.
Let's focus on the present.
If they really want to play that game of living in the past, then point out how the Packers have beat the Niners more times in the playoffs.
Watching the Holmgren/Favre/White era Pack beat the Niners on the way to their first SB was a thing of beauty.
And they did what the Niners didn't do. Get the job done and win the SB.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/kroichick/article/Playoff-history-of-49ers-vs-Packers-4187810.php

And we have beat the Niners just more times period.

http://www.footballdb.com/teamvsteam.html?tm=12&opp=27

Green Bay Packers lead series 34-28-1

And 5 SB wins? So what? Packers have 13 championship wins. So the Niners aren't even half as good.

I don't brag about the game earlier this year, but I do believe it has ALL the relevance for Sunday. It seems, based on what I've read, that because of that game the Packers spent the whole off-season figuring out how to beat the 49ers (and teams like them). You just signed TWO 49ers QBs. Personally, I believe Green Bay has every reason to be the winner in this game. It's not like weather is a problem for the road team at the Stick. If Green Bay doesn't win this, based on how much they seem to have put into it this year (again, based on what I've read), not only will I be surprised, but if I were a Packer fan I'd be quite nervous about this year's Super Bowl chances.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
if I were a Packer fan I'd be quite nervous about this year's Super Bowl chances.
Right. Because losing the first game of the season means a team can't go on to a Super Bowl? It's game 1 of 16, against one of the early favorites to win it all, in their house.

If the Packers lose this game, but look competitive, look like they can be an in-your-face, physical, bully of a team, I'll be happy. Okay, maybe not happy, but I'll feel damn good about our chances. This team is young, very young. They're only going to get better as the season progresses.

Members online

Latest posts