If Niners visiting fans want to keep bringing it up....

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I wasn't gonna respond because every season is different...

...but seriously? After that play the score for the remander of the game was 45-24....and 7 of those Packer points were in garbage time with the Niners playing prevent.

Its all good to talk trash....but posting the above video when you consider the rest of the game is kinda hollow.
Is that an exposed nerve there ? All week we`ve put up with Kap photos and film but now we`ve got something to show a flaw in his armour its hollow ?? come on ? if you come on OUR forum, what do you expect us to do ??

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Right.

444 total yards including a sweet pass to Gore right after the INT. 4 Total TDs.

Yup...shook up all right. SMDH.
Did you see the way Kaep looked when he hit Gore? He had just been FLUSHED from the pocket. Had Woodson stayed with Gore he'd have thrown it away. Kid had serious jitters until he started running and got the TD. (Stupid Neal overpursuit)

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see the way Kaep looked when he hit Gore? He had just been FLUSHED from the pocket. Had Woodson stayed with Gore he'd have thrown it away. Kid had serious jitters until he started running and got the TD. (Stupid Neal overpursuit)

Wow. Delusions of grandeur there.

If Kaep was shaken there I'd really feel sorry for the rest of the league when he's not. LOL.

Are you under the impression that getting flushed from the pocket means he was shaken? If so, he gets shaken ALOT. LOL.

Kaep looked like Kaep looks on every play in every game after the INT. The "until he started running" part is particularly funny. LOL. Its as if to say "Well...we would have won if he couldn't run the ball. Thats stupid". Yup...and Rodgers would be a bad QB if he didn't have a right arm too. :)

Thats his game. Deal with it.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that an exposed nerve there ? All week we`ve put up with Kap photos and film but now we`ve got something to show a flaw in his armour its hollow ?? come on ? if you come on OUR forum, what do you expect us to do ??

Nah...didn't expose anything. Just sayin I'd personally never post one play to make some kind of point from a game you lost handily (tho it was close till the 3rd quarter).

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
um...huh?
Throwing 10 yards to a guy (Gore) whose defender (Wood) just abandoned him to pursue you (Kaep) leaving him (Gore) wide open to run for a first down (or 44 yards in Gore's case) isn't exactly a hard decision to make, even if you're not exactly comfortable.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Throwing 10 yards to a guy whose defender just abandoned him to pursue you leaving him wide open to run for a first down (or 44 yards in Gore's case) isn't exactly a hard decision to make, even if you're not exactly comfortable.

That doesn't mean it wasn't a pretty damn good touch throw.

All you have to support the "he was shaken" argument is the look on his face or something? Seriously? Meanwhile he drove his team down the field to tie the game? The 44 yard completion to Gore doesn't count because it wasn't a hard enough decision for you?

Wow...you really gotta want to see it to make that make any sense at all.

I

Nah...didn't expose anything. Just sayin I'd personally never post one play to make some kind of point from a game you lost handily (tho it was close till the 3rd quarter).
Nobody has denied you kicked our *** in either game have we ?? This is a new season though so previous doesn`t count anymore. Maybe we could go on the kansas, raider and patriots forums and go on about how we beat THEM ?? just saying.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
That doesn't mean it wasn't a pretty damn good touch throw.

All you have to support the "he was shaken" argument is the look on his face or something? Seriously? Meanwhile he drove his team down the field to tie the game? The 44 yard completion to Gore doesn't count because it wasn't a hard enough decision for you?

Wow...you really gotta want to see it to make that make any sense at all.
It was a floater to a guy with nobody close to him. Let's not sugar coat it.

Body language means nothing to you? How about this? The drive after the INT.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=330112025

1st and 10 at SF 20(Shotgun) F.Gore up the middle to SF 25 for 5 yards (M.Daniels).
2nd and 5 at SF 25(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick left end pushed ob at SF 28 for 3 yards (A.Hawk).
3rd and 2 at SF 28(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick pass incomplete short right to M.Crabtree. PENALTY on GB-T.Williams, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at SF 28 - No Play.
1st and 10 at SF 33(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick pass incomplete short left to M.Crabtree.
2nd and 10 at SF 33(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick pass incomplete short right to V.Davis (C.Woodson).
3rd and 10 at SF 33(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick pass deep left to F.Gore to GB 22 for 45 yards (S.Shields). Caught at SF 49. 29-yds YAC
1st and 10 at GB 22(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick sacked at GB 29 for -7 yards (C.Matthews).
2nd and 17 at GB 29F.Gore right tackle to GB 20 for 9 yards (C.Woodson, C.Wilson).
Timeout #1 by SF at 09:09.
3rd and 8 at GB 20(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick left end for 20 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody has denied you kicked our *** in either game have we ?? This is a new season though so previous doesn`t count anymore. Maybe we could go on the kansas, raider and patriots forums and go on about how we beat THEM ?? just saying.

Again...I said in my initial post I wasn't gonna say anything because every year is different.

Just sayin posting a video from a game you lost in historic fasion (just talking about the record) to prove some point is kinda sad.

Nothin that happened last year pertains to this game....except maybe whatever leassons were learned by either team after that game. I don't expect Kaep to run for more than about 30 or 40 yards total.

I

Again...I said in my initial post I wasn't gonna say anything because every year is different.

Just sayin posting a video from a game you lost in historic fasion (just talking about the record) to prove some point is kinda sad.

Nothin that happened last year pertains to this game....except maybe whatever leassons were learned by either team after that game. I don't expect Kaep to run for more than about 30 or 40 yards total.

Okay. We`re agreed on that at least :tup:. You NEARLY made the poll there.....lol

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a floater to a guy with nobody close to him. Let's not sugar coat it.

Body language means nothing to you? How about this? The drive after the INT.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=330112025

1st and 10 at SF 20(Shotgun) F.Gore up the middle to SF 25 for 5 yards (M.Daniels).
2nd and 5 at SF 25(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick left end pushed ob at SF 28 for 3 yards (A.Hawk).
3rd and 2 at SF 28(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick pass incomplete short right to M.Crabtree. PENALTY on GB-T.Williams, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at SF 28 - No Play.
1st and 10 at SF 33(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick pass incomplete short left to M.Crabtree.
2nd and 10 at SF 33(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick pass incomplete short right to V.Davis (C.Woodson).
3rd and 10 at SF 33(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick pass deep left to F.Gore to GB 22 for 45 yards (S.Shields). Caught at SF 49. 29-yds YAC
1st and 10 at GB 22(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick sacked at GB 29 for -7 yards (C.Matthews).
2nd and 17 at GB 29F.Gore right tackle to GB 20 for 9 yards (C.Woodson, C.Wilson).
Timeout #1 by SF at 09:09.
3rd and 8 at GB 20(Shotgun) C.Kaepernick left end for 20 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Uh...is there supposed to be something damning in there?

3 incompletions....one where the WR was interfered with and a sack.

Lets look at Rodgers....

1st and 10 at GB 20A.Rodgers pass short right to G.Jennings to GB 27 for 7 yards (C.Culliver). Caught at GB 25. 2-yds YAC
2nd and 3 at GB 27(Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to D.Harris [Ald.Smith].
3rd and 3 at GB 27(Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to J.Kuhn.
4th and 3 at GB 27
T.Masthay punts 50 yards to SF 23, Center-B.Goode. T.Ginn to GB 49 for 28 yards (T.Masthay; T.Manning). PENALTY on SF-C.Culliver, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SF 23.

OMG you're right. How could I never have seen this before!?! Rodgers was totally intimidated that day. Look...two incompletions!! All your proof right there!!!!

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember it well. Adam Walker was the FB. Hated that guy. Shocked the world with that game...everyone expected the 49ers to play the Cowboys in the playoffs for like the 4 straight year and the Packers knocked them off. After that, the Packers kinda started their rise and it because the Packers who the Niners had so much playoff trouble against.

Ah, the 90s. Green Bay trumps San Fran. San Fran trumps Dallas. Dallas trumps Green Bay. I miss those days.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Uh...is there supposed to be something damning in there?

3 incompletions....one where the WR was interfered with and a sack.

Lets look at Rodgers....

1st and 10 at GB 20A.Rodgers pass short right to G.Jennings to GB 27 for 7 yards (C.Culliver). Caught at GB 25. 2-yds YAC
2nd and 3 at GB 27(Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to D.Harris [Ald.Smith].
3rd and 3 at GB 27(Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to J.Kuhn.
4th and 3 at GB 27
T.Masthay punts 50 yards to SF 23, Center-B.Goode. T.Ginn to GB 49 for 28 yards (T.Masthay; T.Manning). PENALTY on SF-C.Culliver, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SF 23.

OMG you're right. How could I never have seen this before!?! Rodgers was totally intimidated that day. Look...two incompletions!! All your proof right there!!!!
I don't know if you know this, but when there's a guy's name in parentheses after an inc it means the pass was broken up.

I can't do anything to convince you short of posting the footage, so I'll give up.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if you know this, but when there's a guy's name in parentheses after an inc it means the pass was broken up.

I can't do anything to convince you short of posting the footage, so I'll give up.

I saw that Ninja edit. LOL!!!

No worries. :)

The problem you have is that I've had this EXACT same conversation with Seahawks fans, Falcons fans, etc. I have heard in all over when people try to discredit Kaep. "They only won because (blank)". They all interpret Kaep as being "shaken". No. Thats just what he looks like ALL THE TIME. Seahawk fans insist they got to him. Falcons fans insist he was shaken being 17 points down.

He looks like that when he's winning and when he's losing. That's just Kaep.

As for the pass breakup thing....yes, I know that. My point is that I can take almost any drive from any game and create any story I want from it. It doesn't make it true. I'm sure there were a few drives last year where Rodgers threw three incomplete passes. It doesn't mean he was shaken and it doesn't mean he's not the best QB in the NFL (he is).

Last edited:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I saw that Ninja edit. LOL!!!

No worries. :)

The problem you have is that I've had this EXACT same conversation with Seahawks fans, Falcons fans, etc. I have heard in all over when people try to discredit Kaep. "They only won because (blank)". They all interpret Kaep as being "shaken". No. Thats just what he looks like ALL THE TIME. Seahawk fans insist they got to him. Falcons fans insist he was shaken being 17 points down.

He looks like that when he's winning and when he's losing. That's just Kaep.
He was visibly less confident, after the int, and looked infinitely more comfortable after the TD. I'm not discounting the kid at all. He was absolutely phenomenal. But you can't honestly believe it's a stretch to say that a guy in his first year starting loses a little bit of confidence when his first throw in his first playoff game gets hit for a pick 6. Maybe start second guessing himself a bit? As I said, after his TD run he looked like an old pro, and proceeded to dismantle us. He was only "shaken" for a series. Seattle and ATL are full of bull, SEA especially. He wasn't even shaken in the SB. Just because he has that blank look and big eyes doesn't mean he's rattled.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was visibly less confident, after the int, and looked infinitely more comfortable after the TD. I'm not discounting the kid at all. He was absolutely phenomenal. But you can't honestly believe it's a stretch to say that a guy in his first year starting loses a little bit of confidence when his first throw in his first playoff game gets hit for a pick 6. Maybe start second guessing himself a bit? As I said, after his TD run he looked like an old pro, and proceeded to dismantle us. He was only "shaken" for a series. Seattle and ATL are full of bull, SEA especially. He wasn't even shaken in the SB. Just because he has that blank look and big eyes doesn't mean he's rattled.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree.....except about Seattle being full of it. :)

Every time he's made a mistake like that, he's come right back and done something huge. After the low point in St. Louis with the bad pitch, he had a 50 yard scramble and what should have been the game winning TD pass if Delanie Walker could catch. In NE, he threw a bad pick when he didn't see the safety. His next pass was a 27 yard TD strike to Crabtree (tho actually 2 drives later because of a forced turnover and a TD run by Gore).

I guess I can just finish it by saying that you are correct that it wouldn't be too much to expect he would get rattled. In ordinary situations, I'd say you are correct. However, I've seen him play in every game (several times actually). Thats just what he does. Thats what he is. What you saw on that day (outside of the record breakin rushing performance) is who Kaep is in every game.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I guess we'll just agree to disagree.....except about Seattle being full of it. :)

Every time he's made a mistake like that, he's come right back and done something huge. After the low point in St. Louis with the bad pitch, he had a 50 yard scramble and what should have been the game winning TD pass if Delanie Walker could catch. In NE, he threw a bad pick when he didn't see the safety. His next pass was a 27 yard TD strike to Crabtree (tho actually 2 drives later because of a forced turnover and a TD run by Gore).

I guess I can just finish it by saying that you are correct that it wouldn't be too much to expect he would get rattled. In ordinary situations, I'd say you are correct. However, I've seen him play in every game (several times actually). Thats just what he does. Thats what he is. What you saw on that day (outside of the record breakin rushing performance) is who Kaep is in every game.
I can agree with all of that. My only exception is that his comeback against us was the TD run, and that was a few plays later. The Gore pass was all Gore.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're way out in left field on this one. Kaepernick is renowned for his mental toughness. He's at his best when he's behind and in big games.

I'm not saying he's perfect but you really do need to find a different angle from which to criticize him.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares? Rattled or not early in that game, Kaep played confidently later and is confident right now, and that is what we are dealing with.

It should be a great game, I am looking forward to it. 49ers have an impressive team and I am not surprised that their fans have a lot of confidence going into this season. Packers have a tough game, but I think they are more motivated and more improved this season than the 49ers.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
You're way out in left field on this one. Kaepernick is renowned for his mental toughness. He's at his best when he's behind and in big games.

I'm not saying he's perfect but you really do need to find a different angle from which to criticize him.
I'm saying you're the one playing french baseball (all in left field and no one is safe)

I'm mad you focused only one half of my post when this thing just ended. That's the fastest way to start a brawl where I'm from.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, since Rodgers is only a 2nd stringer compared to the greatness that is Kaepernick, may I ask if there's anything Kaepernick cannot do?

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm saying you're the one playing french baseball (all in left field and no one is safe)

I'm mad you focused only one half of my post when this thing just ended. That's the fastest way to start a brawl where I'm from.

I think the notion he got rattled is silly in general, and also silly on that drive. Kaepernick doesn't get emotionally rattled. The guy is nails. Sure his timing might be off on a given drive or even game, but that's true for any quarterback.

Anyway, we pretty well beat this dead horse.

I sincerely hope the Packers are too focused on his running ability, and underestimate how well he passes the ball from the pocket.

Members online

Latest posts