If it makes anyone feel better..

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(Now that I've calmed down)

The last time we lost a OT game in the playoffs, we won the Super Bowl the following year.:)

But seriously, we weren't even favored to win. Going on the road to the best team in the NFL, in one of the toughest stadiums to play in, with a QB who is playing with 1 good leg and we gave them hell. Should have easily won, but we couldn't pull it off down the stretch.

Still had a great year. Go Pack Go!

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(Now that I've calmed down)

The last time we lost a OT game in the playoffs, we won the Super Bowl the following year.:)

But seriously, we weren't even favored to win. Going on the road to the best team in the NFL, in one of the toughest stadiums to play in, with a QB who is playing with 1 good leg and we gave them hell. Should have easily won, but we couldn't pull it off down the stretch.

Still had a great year. Go Pack Go!

No we had them and choked it away. So disgusted by this team I cant believe it, first tome I have ever felt shamed by the Packers.

Who are we, the ****ing Vikings? Terrible, just terrible. I hope Bostick understands how much of a worthless pile of **** he is.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mehhhhhh, we really gotta overcome this seattle demon. they were even pretty beat up and we were healthy as could be hoped for. but yeah.... pffffff. looking forward to the draft now i suppose.

No we had them and choked it away. So disgusted by this team I cant believe it, first tome I have ever felt shamed by the Packers.

Who are we, the ******* Vikings? Terrible, just terrible. I hope Bostick understands how much of a worthless pile of **** he is.

brotha, you gotta log out for awhile.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn't a seattle demon. That was an internal demon that has been around for a while. No killer instinct.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn't a seattle demon. That was an internal demon that has been around for a while. No killer instinct.

can't disagree with that. just so happens that seattle likes to be on site when our demons come out to play.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bostick should go the way of Lance easley, one ****ing job and you mess it up, go **** yourself

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry my friend , but nothing makes this better. This season will be defined by this game- by the rest of the football world,as it should be and as it should be by us.
Only consolation for me is that it was just a game; back to the real world tommorow.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game and Buffalo. That's why the Packers aren't going to the Super Bowl this season. Kind of overshadows the 13 season wins.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers pulled A Vikings kind of choke times ten. I have been a Packer fan for nearly 50 years today is the first time I am ashamed. Shame on the Packers for that record setting collapse. Will there be any accountability? Nope this regime cares more about protecting each other than winning how else does Slocum have a job?

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad for Bostick. .. the guy looked devistated. He messed up. He is the wrong guy to be put in that role, but I guess Slocumb didn't think so. Im sure Slocumb will be back next year but he absolutely shouldn't be.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad for Bostick. .. the guy looked devistated. He messed up. He is the wrong guy to be put in that role, but I guess Slocumb didn't think so. Im sure Slocumb will be back next year but he absolutely shouldn't be.

A TE shouldn't be on the hands team? Really? Who else should have been? Guion maybe?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers were lucky this year to hAve so few injuries. Anybody looking forward to next season should keep in mind that the injury bug will probably play a big role like it has before. It's sad to see this franchise waste the career of one of the best quarterbacks of all time. They should have more than one SB victory with Rodgers

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Who are we, the ******* Vikings? Terrible, just terrible. I hope Bostick understands how much of a worthless pile of **** he is.

Go pop a few xanax and go to bed. Fans like you are embarrassing.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers were lucky this year to hAve so few injuries. Anybody looking forward to next season should keep in mind that the injury bug will probably play a big role like it has before. It's sad to see this franchise waste the career of one of the best quarterbacks of all time. They should have more than one SB victory with Rodgers

I'm sure the Packers will continue with the changes to their schedules and training methods , etc that improved the injury situation this year. And the window of opportunity for Aaron Rodgers will be staying open for some time yet.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You mean 2 of the best QBs of all time.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Sorry my friend , but nothing makes this better. This season will be defined by this game- by the rest of the football world,as it should be and as it should be by us.
Only consolation for me is that it was just a game; back to the real world tommorow.

Totally agree. Will always be haunted by this loss..and you can't just ignore the past. I'm still bitter about the arizona face mask. BUT... and not to sound cliche...but its not how you get knocked down but how you... well you know the rest.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Start rooting for the bears. It is a fricking shame that you consider yourself a Packer fan. You are completely undeserving of calling yourself a Packer fan.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh.

Over reactions abound. Great game, great season. This reminded me a lot of when Jason Garrett came in to beat us as aikmans backup back in the 90s

We were winning. Everything going or way. Playing lights out.

Then we lose.

When we should have won.

It happens. It sucks.

Sometimes it doesn't matter.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, passive and confusion(Slocum) is a poor combination if you want to be in the superbowl. Why was a TE who has barely sniffed the field in the last 2 years in that situation to begin with? I am really tired of Slocum and his units that keep contributing to losses.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Start rooting for the bears. It is a fricking shame that you consider yourself a Packer fan. You are completely undeserving of calling yourself a Packer fan.

It's a sad thing when visiting Seattle fans to this forum are more respectful and believing of this team than some of our so-called fans here.

That being said, I will say this first and foremost, I am and always will be proud to be a Packer fan, yeah sure we didn't get the result we wanted, but our guys honestly played hard out there, it was anyone's game, someone had to lose, and unfortunately it was us, but either way I came out of today holding my head up high. Even if we didn't win, I still say we proved those talking heads wrong, whether or not they admit it.

Second, I know all offseason some foolish posters will be calling for firings, as usual, most no doubt will go after Capers for various reasons, a number will go after Slocum, and no doubt a lot will go after MM. I'm not for firing anybody, there were too many situations where the coaches called the right formations or had the call that should've been made, but the player simply didn't make a simple play that they should've. Probably the most frustrating one for me was the 2 pt conversion play, Clinton-Dix should've been able to swat the ball down on that one, that wasn't Capers' fault. That happens, and Crosby's FG wins it for us.

Probably my only criticism of the coaching staff, and I am looking at this with a 50/50 both side of the coin view, is that I personally think they should've gone for it on 4th and goal both those times, especially on our first one. Now I know, if they went for it and failed it could certainly have come back to bite us in the ***, and sure maybe we would be talking about taking the points instead of going for it in the aftermath of that, but to me what it's about is making a statement. You don't want to gamble foolhardy in these big games, you do want to be smart, but at the same time I think you just really gotta take risks like that one, the ball was on the half inch-line, and I think you could bring in a jumbo package to get it in even against that tough front.

And mind you I am an avid MM supporter, I think he is one of the best coaches in the league hands down, but I do disagree with those calls there.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, passive and confusion(Slocum) is a poor combination if you want to be in the superbowl. Why was a TE who has barely sniffed the field in the last 2 years in that situation to begin with? I am really tired of Slocum and his units that keep contributing to losses.

Bostick has been on the return/onside team for most of the season. Who would you want replacing him in that situation? Raji? Think Raji could have made that play?

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be a Packer fan doesn't mean you have to put blinders on. It was an epic choke job. One for the ages. Lighten up, Frances. He is just venting.

Members online

Latest posts