If it makes anyone feel better..

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers were lucky this year to hAve so few injuries. Anybody looking forward to next season should keep in mind that the injury bug will probably play a big role like it has before. It's sad to see this franchise waste the career of one of the best quarterbacks of all time. They should have more than one SB victory with Rodgers

Someone who could handle that moment.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do we blame for this loss? Bostick for the single play? The holy triumvirate who everyone here (mostly everyone) kisses their ***es? I mean if Rodgers was an average quarterback at come from behind percentage, maybe we pull that off? Mike McCarthy plays too damn conservative, and doesn't get rid of coordinators who can't get the job done. Do we blame Ted for putting together THIS team, not patching up deficiencies fast enough.

I'm asking here because I'm lost right now, and I would blame all 4.

This team plays in TITLE town! This team is the New York Yankees of football. We are the symbol of excellence in the NFL! This team plays in a stadium on a road called Lombardi Avenue! The mis-management and 'oh hum' attitude have to go! And I think it's high time we start expecting nothing less than the Superbowl! This is NOT a 2nd tier team! This is the best damn team in the history of the league!

The days of Lombardi are long gone. Titletown, not really. They should have won more under Favre, but didn't. They should have more than 1 with Rodgers by now, but don't. At least Holmgren kept the Packers undefeated at Lambeau in the playoffs. But nowadays we don't even have that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was mad at him, like the rest of us. for not doing his job. Who should have been there, if not a TE with reportedly very good hands and body size to be on the "hands team" for an onside kick.

Nobody is going to argue that he did his job well, not a single soul, but who, besides a TE should have been there? Tell me, the person on this roster that should have been in his place. not someone that just because chances are another opportunity gives us the recovery, but what person, based on body stature and hands, should have been activated to take his place. I can think of a lot of other people less qualified than a large bodied, athletic, able to jump with long arms and good hands guy is.

I can't believe he whiffed, wasn't even touched and whiffed.

Sky King

Reaction score
Bostick has been on the return/onside team for most of the season. Who would you want replacing him in that situation? Raji? Think Raji could have made that play?
I know that this was meant to be a rhetorical question but, yes, I believe Rajii would have made the play if he had not been on IR and had been assigned on STs. Bostick's job was to block, period. The lack of mental discipline and the subsequent failure to execute on his part was incredible. He free-lanced, unfortunately. It is my belief that Raji and probably most other players would have fully understood and executed their assignments to serve as blockers for an onside kick.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bostick bashing is getting over the top. He was THE FINAL NAIL in the coffin WE built for ourselves. If you ask me to list the Top 5 mistakes, we made that contributed to the loss... it'll be:

5) Not going for the TD early in the game.
4) Bostick botch job
3) HHCD ball watchin during the 2 point conversion.
2) Burnett slide without returning the ball back.
1) Offence inept play in returning the ball within a minute without running down the clock. (Post Burnett slide)

3 individual errors and 2 strategy errors.

Points 1 & 2 were really horrible and wanton throwing away the game due to inept strategy. Beats individual errors hands down.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What hurts is we nearly had the game wrapped up. A game 90% of Americans and 85% of analysts said we had no shot. They were predicting a big blow out. We went into their house and completely dominated them for much of 3 quarters. Yep, we did not prevail, and in the end, that is what counts.

As far as Bostick goes - I guess my reaction to LegalizeIt was a little much. I don't mind criticism but when he began talking about finding him and his family for retribution - that is complete BS in my mind. And I was a liiiiitle drunk - a little angry - a little bit in shock. Oh well. I appologize if my reaction was a little extreme.

Terry Ott

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One play didn't lose the game. The pathetic defense lost the game.
Defense was not "pathetic" for ALMOST the whole game. Defense was inadequate in the final minutes. Rushing 3 was a coaching mistake, and Clinton-Dix screwed up on the conversion play. Being fooled completely on the fake punt = sad. But most of the time the defense played well enough to give the Packers a win.

We're all terribly disappointed at the outcome, but here is something to consider: If the team had gotten eaten alive in the first quarter like they did in the fourth, and then the Pack never got back into the game (like: final score of 35-17), we would be saying that the Seahawks are so much better than Green Bay that they didn't belong on the same field. But what did we learn, instead? We learned they are NOT better, or not much better, as they needed all the help we gave them in the closing minutes just to get close, and then they needed some "fairy dust" (similar to the Fail Mary game) to get to OT and one big play to win.

Those who are ready to blow up the team and look for a whole new coaching staff and GM --- be careful what you wish for. We could end up being the post-Lombardi Packers for a decade or so while trying to find the next "right combination" of coaching and talent. I went through THAT as a young adult fan, and it was not pretty!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Packers were lucky this year to hAve so few injuries. Anybody looking forward to next season should keep in mind that the injury bug will probably play a big role like it has before. It's sad to see this franchise waste the career of one of the best quarterbacks of all time. They should have more than one SB victory with Rodgers

I say this with respect but the TEAM failed on Sunday, and that team included Rodgers. I don't mean this nastily but why does Rodgers always seem to get a pass on critisism around the forum ?
I'm angry and disappointed like most people are but the truth is we failed as a TEAM to put Seattle away the other night, and ALL of them should be held accountable for it, not just Bostick. JMHO

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say this with respect but the TEAM failed on Sunday, and that team included Rodgers. I don't mean this nastily but why does Rodgers always seem to get a pass on critisism around the forum ?
I'm angry and disappointed like most people are but the truth is we failed as a TEAM to put Seattle away the other night, and ALL of them should be held accountable for it, not just Bostick. JMHO

I don't think Rodgers does get a free pass on this forum. And after this game I think he's getting even less of a free pass. I think that many of us hold the offense as responsible as anyone for this loss. Rodgers didn't lose the game for us, but he certainly didn't win it for us either. And that's not good enough for an MVP quarterback by a country mile.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I don't think Rodgers does get a free pass on this forum. And after this game I think he's getting even less of a free pass. I think that many of us hold the offense as responsible as anyone for this loss. Rodgers didn't lose the game for us, but he certainly didn't win it for us either. And that's not good enough for an MVP quarterback by a country mile.

I think its fair to say more often than not he does. I made critisism of him once and nearly got my *** served to me on a platter :D

Members online

Latest posts