1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

If I see one more...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by LambeauLeaper, Nov 22, 2005.

1. LambeauLeaper

LambeauLeaper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    dump off to a RB in the flat on 3rd and long I'm going to vomit. I don't mean a checkdown after all other receivers are covered, this is take 3 steps and look immediately to the RB and pass it to him. So, I know it's not Favre - those are obviously called/designed plays otherwise he'd be looking downfield for an open receiver. Christ, why not just punt on third down? You're giving up anyway. Absolutely pathetic playcalling.

2. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe that's what harrington's problem is. He's trying to be like farve. ALmost every 3rd and long is a 3 yard pass to his checkdown receiver, without looking at the other receivers.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sometimes i DO wish Favre (and other Qbs with braindead offensive coaches) would call his own plays, and just say "No, I won't do that, because that is dumb."

4. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    On some plays there wasn't much time, and he dumped it off to the back b/c of that, but I agree, some of those dump off's on third and long kinda sucked.

5. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know he's a one of a kind, but doesn't peyton manning call his own plays? Maybe that's part of the reason he's so successful, the guy on the field knows what works better than the guy on the sidelines.

6. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand your frustration, but if Brett tries to force one in there down field to pick up the first down in tight coverage, then we'll hear the complaints about him forcing the ball if it gets picked off.

We can't get a running game going on early downs, which puts us in 3rd and long situations, which makes it tougher to convert and pass against when teams put in their nickle and dime packages. Our lack of running game is the biggest culprit to our troubles in my opinion, as it's creating a domino effect of other problems.