If I see one more...

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dump off to a RB in the flat on 3rd and long I'm going to vomit. I don't mean a checkdown after all other receivers are covered, this is take 3 steps and look immediately to the RB and pass it to him. So, I know it's not Favre - those are obviously called/designed plays otherwise he'd be looking downfield for an open receiver. Christ, why not just punt on third down? You're giving up anyway. Absolutely pathetic playcalling.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe that's what harrington's problem is. He's trying to be like farve. ALmost every 3rd and long is a 3 yard pass to his checkdown receiver, without looking at the other receivers.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes i DO wish Favre (and other Qbs with braindead offensive coaches) would call his own plays, and just say "No, I won't do that, because that is dumb."

cdnpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On some plays there wasn't much time, and he dumped it off to the back b/c of that, but I agree, some of those dump off's on third and long kinda sucked.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he's a one of a kind, but doesn't peyton manning call his own plays? Maybe that's part of the reason he's so successful, the guy on the field knows what works better than the guy on the sidelines.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand your frustration, but if Brett tries to force one in there down field to pick up the first down in tight coverage, then we'll hear the complaints about him forcing the ball if it gets picked off.

We can't get a running game going on early downs, which puts us in 3rd and long situations, which makes it tougher to convert and pass against when teams put in their nickle and dime packages. Our lack of running game is the biggest culprit to our troubles in my opinion, as it's creating a domino effect of other problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts