If I do play this year, it will be my last.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vixtalkn said:
There's no doubt about that!

OK. So we're getting a little closer to an announcement from Favre. http://www.sunherald.com/mld/thesunhera ... 229146.htm

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

i think that's the first time i've heard him quoted as saying this will be his last year if he comes back. if he returns, i'll be roadtrippin it to GB every chance i get for games!! :D

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should tell Favre they are not paying his bonus. That done, he becomes and unrestricted free agent. He can take all the time in the world to decide if he wants to play. He can come back to Green Bay, or he can go to another team, or he can retire. The Packers at that point then have all the options on the table.

Sorry, but I'm getting a little tossed with this 'maybe I will or maybe I won't' B.S. If he doesn't like Thompson, fine. But don't hold the team hostage. This is getting ridiculous. Even the deepest Favre backer has to have a little bit of concern about this.

Personally, if he comes back or not, I don't really care. This team probably isn't playoff material this year with him or without him.

If Brett is concerned about his 'legacy', this is beginning to smell like a guy in a theater who keeps farting. The show is starting to be affected because you have a personal problem. Lots of people have parents die, a spouse with an illness, etc. They, however, don't have ten million dollars a year to help soothe the pain.

Dear Brett, go to the lobby and poop so the rest of us can enjoy the show.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
The Packers should tell Favre they are not paying his bonus. That done, he becomes and unrestricted free agent. He can take all the time in the world to decide if he wants to play. He can come back to Green Bay, or he can go to another team, or he can retire. The Packers at that point then have all the options on the table.

Sorry, but I'm getting a little tossed with this 'maybe I will or maybe I won't' B.S. If he doesn't like Thompson, fine. But don't hold the team hostage. This is getting ridiculous. Even the deepest Favre backer has to have a little bit of concern about this.

Personally, if he comes back or not, I don't really care. This team probably isn't playoff material this year with him or without him.

If Brett is concerned about his 'legacy', this is beginning to smell like a guy in a theater who keeps farting. The show is starting to be affected because you have a personal problem. Lots of people have parents die, a spouse with an illness, etc. They, however, don't have ten million dollars a year to help soothe the pain.

Dear Brett, go to the lobby and poop so the rest of us can enjoy the show.

Just a guess on my part....but I'm guessing Brett doesn't care what a guy named net on a Packer message board thinks. Again....that's just a guess. I'm thinking he is more concerned with his family and future than trying to please a bunch of wannabe GMs, most of whom wouldn't know a pigskin from a ********. Again.....just my guess.

net.....this doesn't surprise any of the old time posters. You have never been a Favre fan, ever since he smoked all of Bart Starr's records. Get over it.

BTW....if you really don't care if he comes back or not, why get your ******* in a bunch about it?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The interesting part of the article is:

Favre said. "I do have the itch, just a different one.

"It's not about the money and I would walk away from a lot of it. It's about winning football games. I want to come back and win."

Between chatting about turkey hunting and football, Favre said the decision to return lies in the hands of the Packers, who have to get better players and make a commitment to winning.

If not, his next stop will be the Pro Football Hall of Fame after a career that includes several Pro Bowl appearances, three MVP awards and a Super Bowl championship ring.

"I still believe I can play," he said. "But I can't be content being 4-12 again. My concern is how good of a team we can have.

"Last season, expectations were high and it was a bad situation. If we can't compete at a high level, I can walk away and my legacy will speak for itself."

Green Bay Packers, you're on the clock and it's ticking.
The clock's chimes have struck.

We have seen Ted Thompson's answer at the end of last year and the begining this year. Brett Favre is not "his" guy and not part of the future of the Packers.

With Aaron Rodgers the team will not win so why spend money on it. Next year Rodgers will be better and thus the Packers may improve.

Is it time to trade Brett Favre? Ted can get rid of a player he dislikes, gain cap room, and get some value in return.

Then with Ted's value system if a player does not knuckle under he is released with no return value. Ted's pride let many leave with no return value.

lonewolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is ridiculous. Who is he to say what the organization has to do? Just to give him a chance to win, the Packers must improve themselves significantly via FA (primarily), so that he'll be comfotbable in getting back in shape and playing again? C'mon Brett. Your 29 interceptions had a lot to do with the 4-12 season we had.

I'm sorry. JMO. I'm done! :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NET said: "If Brett is concerned about his 'legacy', this is beginning to smell like a guy in a theater who keeps farting. The show is starting to be affected because you have a personal problem. Lots of people have parents die, a spouse with an illness, etc. They, however, don't have ten million dollars a year to help soothe the pain.

Dear Brett, go to the lobby and poop so the rest of us can enjoy the show."

Now.......i may not entirely agree with what was said.........but i laughed my butt off at the way it was stated!!! :lol:

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who is ragging on Brett about all this has never played a compettive sport. It's so apparent....by the comments.

Once again what does it matter if he says anything at this point? What will change? I keep asking this question and none of the Brett haters give me a answer.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well i just don't understand all the animosity towards favre. i am also getting impatient with the retirement question but at this point, i stand behind his right to decide at his own pace. i think he probably should not have said he was waiting to see what MM & TT do with the team. it makes him sound arrogant to those who already dislike him.

i would expect his decision this weekend or possibly by next weekend at the latest - that's what he told me on the phone last nite. :wink: :lol:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:
Anyone who is ragging on Brett about all this has never played a compettive sport. It's so apparent....by the comments.

Once again what does it matter if he says anything at this point? What will change? I keep asking this question and none of the Brett haters give me a answer.

You are right krd....not only have they never played a competitive sport my guess is they break out into a sweat while typing a response.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005...of course it makes a difference. If Brett said in Jan that he was done...don't you think the Packers may have looked at Griese, or Brese. I doubt the organiz. is ready to hand everything over to AR just yet.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well also on TT´s side, he hasnt done any real push to improve the team.

So in my humble opinion:

A.- Brett will retire.

B.- We will have a very bad season.

C.- All the packer fans will be asking for TT´s head, butt, legs, etc.

D.- TT´s will fail again in 2007, mostly due to a lot of pressure by the fans making him take the wrong decisions, more?.

E.- TT will be fired by the end of the 2007 season, he wont be regarded as the guy who took GB to the SB againg but as the guy wo finally wasted Bretts last year and a lot of time for the GB organization.

I cant blame Brett for wanting to play ONLY if GB is a contender, I will ask for the same thing, he like to win and in Lombardi´s words:

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit.

Vince Lombardi

And Brett has that nasty habit "To enjoy the taste of victory"

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what brett's doing is implicitly saying is that if TT wants me to come back, i will, and if he doesn't, i won't. and it doesn't matter that he might sound "arrogant to those who dislike him", or whatever. you don't get to the level that Favre has gotten to by worrying about what others think. REALLY, this is TT's decision, and not Brett's, if you think about it.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
krd005...of course it makes a difference. If Brett said in Jan that he was done...don't you think the Packers may have looked at Griese, or Brese. I doubt the organiz. is ready to hand everything over to AR just yet.

If you think tight teddy would have paid money to Brese ..........I need you to pass me whatever your drinking or smoking, because it must be really good.

Is it not obvious to all the TT is not going to spend big $ on FA's? TT wants his men and I think he is looking for diamonds in the rough to call his own. The probelm is, even with those diamonds you still need a stud or two or three for that matter!

Griese sucks so I won't even address him! We have AR we don't need another backup

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Great Post..DePack...

What people don't realize is that TT is playing a game of "poker"...and his bluffing hand is that he "wants Favre back", and is doing "everything in his power to make the GB Packers contenders now"....

and what's happening is..the ingrates are blaming Favre..while TT plays the innocent "victim"...

it's wrong...and it stinks to high heaven...

(Now let's go out back and toss around the "old ********".....!)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you think tight teddy would have paid money to Brese ..........I need you to pass me whatever your drinking or smoking, because it must be really good.

Is it not obvious to all the TT is not going to spend big $ on FA's? TT wants his men and I think he is looking for diamonds in the rough to call his own. The probelm is, even with those diamonds you still need a stud or two or three for that matter!

Griese sucks so I won't even address him! We have AR we don't need another backup[/quote]

Brees and Griese were just examples (although I think TT may have been willing to pay Brees) point being if Brett retired in Jan, the pack would have HAD to have found some stability at QB in case AR is a flop...TT is not frugal or dumb enough to ignore that.

And DePack... I was referring to Brett saying he would not play beyond this year.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT drafted Rogers so if he is the man he thinks he is he has nothing to worry about!

If TT doesn't get some quality people in here it won't matter who the QB is we will struggle

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl.....YOU LEAVE BRETT ALONE!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
He has enough distractions, he doesn't need some babe talking to him on the phone!!!!

Members online

Latest posts