If I Could....

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get bored with all of the same arguments on here, hence my new topics. If you could meet one deceased member of the Packers organization (player, coach, GM, board member, etc.) that you have not already met, who would it be and why?

For me it would be Curly. So much of the Packers history was in that man's brain and probably half of it really isn't known, despite the best efforts of Lee Remel and Cliff Christl. I'd want to hear stories about the train rides to other towns, arguments with the Packers board, relationship with Halas, and probably just getting the record set straight on how some things really went down.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be hard to say anyone other than Vince, he was so close and molded all the greats.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It would be hard to say anyone other than Vince, he was so close and molded all the greats.

I feel like Lombardi would offend and trigger half of the posters on this forum in about 30 seconds.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Laughing at Mondio. You have no idea how funny I find that pic.
I feel like Lombardi would offend and trigger half of the posters on this forum in about 30 seconds.
It would have been so cool to have had the honor to play or work for him in any capacity.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pot...meet mr kettle ?.....lol. There`s nothing wrong with a different opinion mate, it`s people brow beat people that there`s is the only one. I was joking with you, but we both know the type on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I get bored with all of the same arguments on here, hence my new topics. If you could meet one deceased member of the Packers organization (player, coach, GM, board member, etc.) that you have not already met, who would it be and why?

For me it would be Curly. So much of the Packers history was in that man's brain and probably half of it really isn't known, despite the best efforts of Lee Remel and Cliff Christl. I'd want to hear stories about the train rides to other towns, arguments with the Packers board, relationship with Halas, and probably just getting the record set straight on how some things really went down.

For me it would be Reggie White. That was when the Packers were really good in my lifetime. I never thought I would see a Super Bowl win for the Packers and he was a huge part of that.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been lucky enough to meet Starr, Wood, and Nitschke. All friendly gentlemen.

If I could sit down to dinner with some others? Lombardi, obviously, and then Reggie and (I know they're not dead but) Gilbert Brown and Ted 'the mad stork' Hendricks.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie White everything I've read or heard about him tells me that as well as being a phenomenal player he was a phenomenal human being.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You know, back in the day, I mean mid-to-late 70's when things really REALLY sucked in Packerland, there were a couple of bars in Green Bay where the guys hung out and you could actually sit down and shoot the bull with them ... provided you weren't an "angry" fan wanting to talk football ... you know, shake some liars dice and take your turn buying rounds. I remember Paul Coffman actually broke out his guitar a couple of times. You quickly became personna non grata if you had nothing except football to talk about, but if you could lay down a good line of sh*t, they liked you. Except for Greg Koch who was an a-hole to everyone, probably even his Mom. Somehow, the names Top Shelf and Jungle Fever come to mind ... but I drank a lot then.

For me ... the guy I idolized and never got to meet -- #64 Jerry Kramer. Grade school football, to high school football to my one year of Div III (found out that I was slow, white, farmboy in a big hurry) - that was my number and he was the reason for it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Having read his book, I`d like to have met Bill Curry, even though I believe he only played one season under Lombardi.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we're talking sit down to dinner
gilbert in a landslide
cos you know you're gettin some FOOD with that man

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Najeh Davenport. I'd like to hear his account of the night in question (where he broke into someone's room and pooped in their laundry hamper or something to that effect).

Members online

Latest posts