"If he doesn't take Favre back, he's an idiot."

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"If he doesn't take Favre back, he's an idiot." - says anonymous GM (if its even that)

Why can't this end already.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson is no idiot - no matter how this ends.

I think, before the draft, Thompson would have taken Brett back - gladly. But apparently we've moved on to such a degree that we can't just insert Brett in the lineup without negatively affecting the team.

For the record, I don't see these "big changes", and I'd love to have Brett back for a couple more years. But I've learned to trust in Ted Thompson. Hey, if I can root for John Hadl I can root for any QB. I'll be a Packer fan either way.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think, before the draft, Thompson would have taken Brett back - gladly. But apparently we've moved on to such a degree that we can't just insert Brett in the lineup without negatively affecting the team.

For the record, I don't see these "big changes", and I'd love to have Brett back for a couple more years. But I've learned to trust in Ted Thompson. Hey, if I can root for John Hadl I can root for any QB. I'll be a Packer fan either way.

Me too. I'm supporting whomever is behind Center this year. I'm just glad it's not Dante Culpepper.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I trust Thompson with this decision. He's proven his ability to plan for the future and consider all options. I think this will turn out in the end. It is too bad, however, that Brett had to waiver on this so much. That doesn't help him no matter how much people are saying that he has GB over the barrel. If Thompson stays true to his form, he'll be successful and years from now this will all be a distant memory.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, citizen journalism, but I received this today out of nowhere.

My source, that has sources within the Packer organization, says that if Favre comes out of retirement, there is a 95% chance that he will be a Buccaneer this season. The Packers will not release Favre for fear of him joining a team within their division. Supposedly secret talks are already underway discussing details of the trade for Favre to the Bucs.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:

Me too. I'm supporting whomever is behind Center this year. I'm just glad it's not Dante Culpepper.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My source, that has sources within the Packer organization, says that if Favre comes out of retirement, there is a 95% chance that he will be a Buccaneer this season. The Packers will not release Favre for fear of him joining a team within their division. Supposedly secret talks are already underway discussing details of the trade for Favre to the Bucs.

Wow, when I read that, I realized something. I want this to happen. Enjoying Brett for so many years has me in a spot where I don't wanna not see him play anymore.

After this week's events, I've come to grips with the idea of him playing for another team.

I defininitely know that I want Rodgers as our QB.

I realize now that I would love to see Brett playing again, anywhere but in Minny/Chi.

I can handle him going to Tampa. I don't hate the Bucs.

If it does happen, does Warren Sapp come out of retirement to join his old rival for one last Super Bowl run?

I'd be really ok with this, I think.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The article says that neither Brett or his agent are returning any phone calls or text messages, that Brett has gone underground.
Brett could put an end to all this madness by showing his face and with his own mouth tell everyone how he feels one way or the other.
But no, what does he do but go underground and stay mute.

Way to man up Brett.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some one brought up the point Favre for Simms a second rounder then Simms to anonymous team for DT and undetermined Packers pick.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting report, I say.

To quote a line from the Stephen King movie The Storm of the Century

"Just give me what I want and I will go away!"
Brett Favre

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre with Tampa. Well, it would be close to his home.
How do all of you think he will do in a different town?
Me......i think he'll crash and burn. Not because i think he's not good, but because it's a new O, all new players. It takes time to build the timing and cohesiveness with your team. To me, thats at least 2 seasons. By then, he will be physically done. He took alot of hits while he was here, and he's not getting any younger.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre with Tampa. Well, it would be close to his home.
How do all of you think he will do in a different town?
Me......i think he'll crash and burn. Not because i think he's not good, but because it's a new O, all new players. It takes time to build the timing and cohesiveness with your team. To me, thats at least 2 seasons. By then, he will be physically done. He took alot of hits while he was here, and he's not getting any younger.

I think he'll be quite good under Gruden. I see him taking the team to the Playoffs. Will he win an SB with the Bucs? No, because that team has aged and a good chunk of it is gone. You still need a team to win the SB.

Gruden is very good at explaining an O to QBs. It's one of his strong suits. He'll have an easy time getting Favre to learn the O, which isn't too much different than what we have here.

jpigeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Contrary to the above:

Favre will be the starting QB on Monday night vs the Vikes.

bigbyfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This makes sense because of Jon Gruden's love of quarterbacks, but I don't think it will happen. We play the Bucs week 4 and the last thing the Packers want is for Brett and a very talented Bucs team to come and beat the Packers.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hashmarks on ESPN had their blog up and several GM's have said Thompson is one of the most respect GM's in the entire league and one GM said he feels sorry for him and that he wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now because it's a no win situation for him.

So if you take this as big news then you better take the other side as big new too. Two sides to the same story. :pop:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:

This makes sense because of Jon Gruden's love of quarterbacks, but I don't think it will happen. We play the Bucs week 4 and the last thing the Packers want is for Brett and a very talented Bucs team to come and beat the Packers.

If my memory serves me correctly, the 49ers played the Chiefs with Montana as QB of the Chiefs. The Chiefs won that game. The Niners went on to win the SB that year. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting report, I say.

To quote a line from the Stephen King movie The Storm of the Century

"Just give me what I want and I will go away!"
Brett Favre

Oh no you just didn't quote Sai Stephen. That and a hockey fan????

I digress..... (sorry boys)

Anyone think that if they bring Brett back it means an A-Rod trade is in the works? Seriously, what else is left with Brohm in the mix? I would tell Brett to commit to 2 years and develop Brohm for our next QB. It is what makes sense. If Favre goes to any other team, it will be suicide for Packer management.

I don't think this is Joe Montana/Steve Young situation. Maybe because I am a Packer nut I think this way, but I think the Brett thing in Green Bay runs deeper than that with fans.

Members online

Latest posts