If Everyone Else Drops the Ball in the Draft.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
This draft is almost (around an arbitrary 97%) guaranteed not to happen. I dream a dream of a fantasy mock where Jerry Lewis makes all but the Packers' picks by pulling names from a hat. Still, it would be sweet to see this drop.

1 Mark Barron S Alabama
2 Shea McClellin LB Boise
3 Mike Martin DT Michigan
4 Bernard Pierce RB Temple
4 Andrew Datko OT Florida State
4 David Molk C Michigan
5 Tommy Streeter WR Miami
6 Omar Bolden CB Arizona
7 Chandler Harnish QB Northern Illinois
7 Scott Wedige C Northern Illinois
7 Frank Alexander DE/OLB Oklahoma
7 Neiko Thorpe FS Auburn

I can't believe I just spent all night working on this... That's sad

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This draft is almost (around an arbitrary 97%) guaranteed not to happen. I dream a dream of a fantasy mock where Jerry Lewis makes all but the Packers' picks by pulling names from a hat. Still, it would be sweet to see this drop.

1 Mark Barron S Alabama
2 Shea McClellin LB Boise
3 Mike Martin DT Michigan
4 Bernard Pierce RB Temple
4 Andrew Datko OT Florida State
4 David Molk C Michigan
5 Tommy Streeter WR Miami
6 Omar Bolden CB Arizona
7 Chandler Harnish QB Northern Illinois
7 Scott Wedige C Illinois
7 Frank Alexander DE/OLB Oklahoma
7 Neiko Thorpe FS Auburn

I can't believe I just spent all night working on this... That's sad

Will Mark Barron still be around at #28? Will Shea McClellan still be around at #59?

I have my doubts. If the Packers were able to get both of them that would be an incredible draft. Barron might be there at #28, but many mocks have him going as early as #18. I think we'd have to trade into the mid 40s to get McClellan in round 2. McClellan is getting a lot more looks lately.

My alternative to Barron in Round 1:

1. Dont'a Hightower. Has the versatility to play ILB and OLB. Great motor, sheds blocks very well, powerful.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Will Mark Barron still be around at #28? Will Shea McClellan still be around at #59?

I have my doubts. If the Packers were able to get both of them that would be an incredible draft. Barron might be there at #28, but many mocks have him going as early as #18. I think we'd have to trade into the mid 40s to get McClellan in round 2. McClellan is getting a lot more looks lately.

My alternative to Barron in Round 1:

1. Dont'a Hightower. Has the versatility to play ILB and OLB. Great motor, sheds blocks very well, powerful.
Depends on how good Jerry Lewis is at picking names out of a hat. I agree, Barron's hernia operation might drop him, but not that far, and with Shea's stock we would probably need to grab him in the 1st. They say the dolphins are desperate to trade down for Weeden, but I don't buy it. I think they'll just draft an OT, their next most pressing need. Hey, they may even draft a WR. We'd be better off trying the bengals or the browns, and we may be able to get it for (ideally) a song. My round 2 alternates were Ronnell Lewis or Trunaine Johnson. Just for reference, Dont'a Hightower has about as much chance of being there as Mark Barron. We'll probably get stuck with Andre Branch and trade out of the 1st for McClellin instead. Frank Alexander has a heart condition so I don't see us or anybody else picking him up.

wholovesbevers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with HyponGrey, Barron is still top 20 material, even with the hernia.

I'd like to see WVU's OLB Bruce Irvin fit into the Packers draft, possibly as high as #59 in round 2. He's a promising tweener with superior athleticism and speed from the bit of tape I've seen online. He could slip into the mid-3rd round, so TT would have to make a move at that point.

I predict Weeden drops, due to nothing else other than his age. Don't forget, he's 2 months Rodgers' elder already.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I agree with HyponGrey, Barron is still top 20 material, even with the hernia.

I'd like to see WVU's OLB Bruce Irvin fit into the Packers draft, possibly as high as #59 in round 2. He's a promising tweener with superior athleticism and speed from the bit of tape I've seen online. He could slip into the mid-3rd round, so TT would have to make a move at that point.

I predict Weeden drops, due to nothing else other than his age. Don't forget, he's 2 months Rodgers' elder already.

I haven't seen Irvin in coverage, but he seems like a "speed rush only" type of guy. Then again we do have Bishop on that side for coverage. I have Irvin as a late second early third. As for Weeden, I have him slotted for the third round; then again I still have Tannehill stuck in the upper second. Weeden is also already a professional athlete, as a Yankees pitcher (Elway anybody?) and, IMO start ready. Add his age and I believe he needs to have an immediate start to have even a chance at a career. Tannehill to the Browns, Weeden to the Fins. Ideally anyway.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I wanted to put Will Blackwell in here somewhere but nobody can agree where he goes, 3 - undrafted

Members online

Latest posts