1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If Brett Favre retires

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    should the Packers sign free agent Jeff Garcia?

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i like Garcia. he's a bit old, but his body hasn't taken near the amount of abuse as somebody like Brett. He's road tested, seems like an amicable guy. Knows a LOT about the game, and he seems a bit more approachable for the younger QB's than others. He would be a short fix, maybe for a couple years, but i think he could teach the eventual long-term starter at QB a lot.

3. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yes to have a vet at QB but I dont want him to start thats why we drafted Rodgers

4. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Absolutely.

That signing would create a dogfight for the starting QB position and I think it is very important that Rodgers be pushed and earn a starting spot and not have it handed to him when Brett calls it quits.

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No.

IMO the Vikes will target him, and is it owrth getting into a bidding war for Garcia, where he may possibly end up being paid like a starter?

Just my 2 cents..... although if we can get him at a reasonable contract then definitely, but I just don't think that is plausible.

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No

For better or worst, Rodgers needs to be our next QB. We need to see if he has what it takes to be the future QB or a bust that needs to be replaced.

Garcia is going to either return to Philly or cash in on one big deal elsewhere. GB needs a vet but only to backup Rodgers.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If he was willing to be a backup, with a backup wage, yes. otherwise, no.