If Brett Favre retires

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like Garcia. he's a bit old, but his body hasn't taken near the amount of abuse as somebody like Brett. He's road tested, seems like an amicable guy. Knows a LOT about the game, and he seems a bit more approachable for the younger QB's than others. He would be a short fix, maybe for a couple years, but i think he could teach the eventual long-term starter at QB a lot.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely.

That signing would create a dogfight for the starting QB position and I think it is very important that Rodgers be pushed and earn a starting spot and not have it handed to him when Brett calls it quits.

Reaction score
No.

IMO the Vikes will target him, and is it owrth getting into a bidding war for Garcia, where he may possibly end up being paid like a starter?

Just my 2 cents..... although if we can get him at a reasonable contract then definitely, but I just don't think that is plausible.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No

For better or worst, Rodgers needs to be our next QB. We need to see if he has what it takes to be the future QB or a bust that needs to be replaced.

Garcia is going to either return to Philly or cash in on one big deal elsewhere. GB needs a vet but only to backup Rodgers.

Members online