If Brett Favre retires

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett Favre retires now, this whole seasons has been a total waste, and we would have been better of with him retiring last season.

I believe Craig Nall or Aaron Rodgers with ease could have gotten the record we currently hold. If Aaron Rodgers had gotten more playing time, he probably would have been better fit for next season.

Look at Kyle Boller, he seems to be panning out now, just like Drew Brees did for the Chargers. Experience seems to be the key.

If Brett Favre announces his retirement, he will retire, wasting a complete season for the Packers, just because of his inabillity to make up his mind when to finally retire.

So if you really want to retire Brett, do it now, I won't miss the Favre we've had this season.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

and make way for a new era...

But if you want to come back for one final season, you're welcome, because I still love the good ol' Favre!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bottom line is, the current marriage between Favre and Sherman has run its course, and one or both will be gone soon. I think that deep down, Favre is frustrated with the offense he has been running (not the plays or scheme specifically, but the gameplan he is handed every week by MS/TR), and does not see a winnable situation. Either Sherman stays and the frustration continues, or he leaves and Favre is forced to start over wioth a new offense. Geez, some choice.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was this post just a reason to use those pictures?

lol, he can string me along anytime, has me on the edge of my seat with retirement-mania

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
was this post just a reason to use those pictures?

lol, he can string me along anytime, has me on the edge of my seat with retirement-mania

That could be hemorrhoids. I am not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
If Brett Favre retires now, this whole seasons has been a total waste, and we would have been better of with him retiring last season.

I believe Craig Nall or Aaron Rodgers with ease could have gotten the record we currently hold. If Aaron Rodgers had gotten more playing time, he probably would have been better fit for next season.

Look at Kyle Boller, he seems to be panning out now, just like Drew Brees did for the Chargers. Experience seems to be the key.

If Brett Favre announces his retirement, he will retire, wasting a complete season for the Packers, just because of his inabillity to make up his mind when to finally retire.

So if you really want to retire Brett, do it now, I won't miss the Favre we've had this season.

You are right. If Favre is going to come back then why let him take a beating and risk injury when the season was lost? If he was not coming back then Rodgers needed to get in as many snaps in a real live game as possible.
Favre could have said that he will come back next year but let him sit out the last 8 games. He gets to stay healthy, Rodgers gets to play and all of the focus is back on the team and it's many needs. This whole thing has been mishandled. Why would Steve Mariucci go to Green Bay when it is starting to look so much like the Lions mess?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people think brett planned on getting 3 wins? If he knew there was gonna be three wins...well...he still woulda played to try and change that cuz hes brett...hes the QB...and until he says otherwise, its gonna stay that way! DIG IT!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gakk, if Brett retires, get ready for a long rebuilding period. Aaron would be much better off (in my opinion) learning from the sidelines for one more season while the team grows in depth, confidence and maturity then stepping into an atmosphere that is so poor at the moment that only a seasoned QB like Brett "might" be able to turn it around if he gets the right help during the off season.

[align=center]GO Pack GO and Stay Brett Stay[/align]

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gakk, here's why the season wasn't a "waste" for me...

My parents, husband, & I attended "Family Night" & sat in the front row. We were literally inches away from the players & the night was magical. My dad & I went to the pre-season game against the Pats & even though it was a loss, it's something I will never forget. We sat with Cheesey & his wife & had a great picture taken to commemorate the night. You may ask yourself - so what's the big deal with that?? My dad passed away on Oct. 27th after a 2 year battle with cancer & those are memories I will hold in my heart forever! My dad & I tail-gating, walking to the new stadium, cheering for Brett & the Packers, getting soaked in a pouring rain, driving back home, & talking the whole way. These memories are precious to me. I'm guessing there are many other stories like mine also.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunshine great story! There are many like that but they never get old to me. Lost my father a year ago this month...cherish the memories!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THANK YOU FOR HONORING US BY SHARING YOUR STORY/MEMORY - your father lives on through your stories and each time you tell them.

Football is a game to be enjoyed for the act itself, not something to become bitter and obsessed with. Your story serves a very poignant reminder of this very essential lesson.

sunshine said:
Gakk, here's why the season wasn't a "waste" for me...

My parents, husband, & I attended "Family Night" & sat in the front row. We were literally inches away from the players & the night was magical. My dad & I went to the pre-season game against the Pats & even though it was a loss, it's something I will never forget. We sat with Cheesey & his wife & had a great picture taken to commemorate the night. You may ask yourself - so what's the big deal with that?? My dad passed away on Oct. 27th after a 2 year battle with cancer & those are memories I will hold in my heart forever! My dad & I tail-gating, walking to the new stadium, cheering for Brett & the Packers, getting soaked in a pouring rain, driving back home, & talking the whole way. These memories are precious to me. I'm guessing there are many other stories like mine also.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Sunshine great story! There are many like that but they never get old to me. Lost my father a year ago this month...cherish the memories!

My thoughts are with you as you move through this bittersweet anniversary, my brother. I pray that you enjoy the sweetness that comes from the honey of the stories and memories even as you experience the sting of remembering and feeling your loss. The two are inseparable. Anything worth loving is worth grieving. May your grief be balance with the joy of sweet memories, stories and legacies of your father. You honor your father through your reachout to sunshine. You are a good man.

I wish you a very Happy New Year DePack

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes thanks Sunshine, I still remember the last movie I went to with my Grandfather before he passed away many years ago now. Your Point is very well taken. Thankyou.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on the "Brett should retire" bandwagon, and I love the man as a player and a man. I just think the team needs to start the long rebuilding process and Favre isn't going to be a part of it. If this isn't his last season, next year will be. Rodgers needs to play so we know if he can cut it or if we need to draft another QB. We aren't going to be a playoff contender for a few years, and not having a QB like Favre was during his best years is going to be devestating. But we do have to move on. Eventually all greats have to call it quits and the franchise has to pick up the pieces. Favre was NOT great this year and, at 36, is an oldtimer by football standards. I wish him well, whatever he decides. He gave me many exciting moments.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
The bottom line is, the current marriage between Favre and Sherman has run its course, and one or both will be gone soon. I think that deep down, Favre is frustrated with the offense he has been running (not the plays or scheme specifically, but the gameplan he is handed every week by MS/TR), and does not see a winnable situation. Either Sherman stays and the frustration continues, or he leaves and Favre is forced to start over wioth a new offense. Geez, some choice.

I don't think Favre is frustrated with the gameplan nearly as much as the injuries and lack of experience he's had in the offense around him. By the way, what is the difference between the plays and/or scheme to the gameplan per se?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My father coached college ball for many years and I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday this year and he said he wanted to meet me in Atlanta for the Packer/Falcons game on his birthday, Nov 13th. So my wife and I drove up to Atlanta and dad and three others flew down from Wiscy. He turned 85 years old that day. He might have been the oldest person in the stadium that day but still has a lifetime of football knowledge in his head and is a true lifetime Packer fan. It was great that we got a win that day since we had been to several games together including the Super Bowl against Denver in San Diego but I don't think they ever won when we went. It doesn't matter as these memories of being with him on these few weekends are priceless and I hope that we will still be planning a Packer weekend when he's 90 and winning or losing will mean "0" in the whole scheme of things. A little icing maybe. Certainly not the cake.
By the way. His take on it is the Pack will be back next year and are only a few good moves from a turnaround if injuries don't get us again.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

and make way for a new era...

But if you want to come back for one final season, you're welcome, because I still love the good ol' Favre!

that will be bretts decision.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts