1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If anyone know or remembers ...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Krazygangsta, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know if you guys have heard about this ... but like a year or two before ... if im not mistaking ... it was a high school football game (a championship game) and the team that had the ball was winning by like 3 -4 pts and it was the last snap ... if he kneeled they would of won ... but instead he ran to his end zone and droped the ball and started dancing with the cheerleaders cause he thought the game was over ... but they ruled it a fumble and the other recovered so it was a TD and they lost the game ... i dont know if anyone saw this on tv but i remember something like that ... im probably wrong maybe it wasnt a high school but i was hoping you guys know about it... i wanted to know what team it was and if anyone has a clip?

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,948
    I dont know of that..However, my junior year in highschool we had almost the same exact thing happen..

Score was 22-15 other team winning and it was their homecoming game...

The other team had the ball with time running out..The q/b took the snap and ran around thinking ime expired but it didnt..He tossed ball in the air oand one of our d/b picked it up and ran it in..Score 22-21..

We needed to win the game to have a chance at the playoffs so we went for 2 and made it..Won the game 23-22..

was in the papers here in Milwaukee and I have the press cliping from it, will have to find it..Wont be online since this wa sin 83 or 84 LOL

3. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Was this the one you were talking about? Does not say where or when it happened but the article was dates 12/15/04.

Jerry Markbreit's Answers

I have a question about a video shown recently on a sports blooper show. A high school team leading by 6 points faced fourth down with the ball near midfield and 7 seconds left in the game. The QB attempted to run out the clock by running toward his own end zone for a safety. However, upon crossing the goal line and thinking the ball was now dead, he flipped the ball backwards over his shoulder. A pursuing defensive player caught the ball in the air and stepped into the end zone for a touchdown. Was the over the shoulder flip a forward pass? If it had hit the ground before the defense caught the ball, would it have been an incomplete pass? --Chuck Sampson, Newark, Ill.

In your play, the quarterback running into his own end zone made a grave error by assuming that the play had ended. When he threw the ball backwards over his shoulder, which was really forward with relation to the line of scrimmage, he had, in fact, thrown a legal forward pass. The intercepting defensive player catching the ball in the air scores a legitimate touchdown on this very bizarre play. If the pass had hit the ground, it would have been an incomplete forward pass, and the game would have ended had time run out.

4. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Something similar happened here in Missoula this past fall. Missoula Big Sky HS had a 6 point lead and the ball with 30 seconds left. On their own two yard line, fourth down and had already had one punt blocked. The coach tells his QB to take a safety, but the QB, not being on the Honor roll, doesn't listen and takes a Quarterback sneak 98 yards for a TD. Big hero except to the coach who benches him for the next two games...which they lose big time.

5. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to support the coach on that one, Bob.

It is far more nerve-racking to coach as you do not really have control.

You as a teacher know there are times when a kid just doesn't comprhend the concept you are attempting to convey.

6. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you all the way. The parents, of course were up set, but this coach has an enviable record and the kids will play their hearts out for him and it turned out all right. I'm sure the QB learned a lesson the hard way.

Had he (QB) been stopped I wonder what would have happened?

7. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

lol i think it was that 1 hahaha it was pretty sad