1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If A-Rod is out....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    I'm not sure who the back up QB is and I don't really recall how he did in pre-season.

What do you think?
    How will we will do if we don't have A-Rod healthy in time to start against Miami?

2. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Matt Flynn, He looked ok. But it was preseason against 2nd stringers. Well, we are about to find out aren't we. Ugh...........

3. erik_m_vos

erik_m_vos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I think Flynn will do just fine. He's not a bad qb at all. He has smarts, and a cannon arm!

4. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    we'll all know our record after next weekend by tomorrow afternoon.

5. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Matt Flynn.

And don't be so quick to think we'll be dead next weekend. If Max Hall can come off the bench for the Cards and beat the Saints, Flynn can certainly beat the Dolphins!

6. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    many GMs have said up to this season Flynn will be a starter somewhere in the NFL in the next 4 years. I just dont think he is ready yet. THE POSITIVE?

He will be playing Sunday with a lot of familiar faces from when he was in the game during the preseason....

So I guess theres that to hang our hats on...

7. Unexpected

Unexpected Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's gotta make his resume look good for when the Seahawks need a new QB.

8. adisonjackson12

adisonjackson12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't why its should matter if A-Rod is not playing. The Packers should give it their best shot and try to win this game with or without A-Rod.

9. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    FLynn isn't going to be asked to do everything MM has AROD do, he is going to slow it down & make it a little easier for him...he might give a couple tries down field...it's amazing that ELI or Peyton never suffered a concussion in all the games they have played

10. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    I don't like thinking A-Rod can go down. But if it was any week glad it's versus Miami both our special teams suck. Also I keep hearing that some of our back ups should be starters on any other team, well sadly they are starting and hopefully they can do a great job. I believe Flynn has th support needed to get the job done

11. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    usually when a starter goes down the offense turns much more run oriented. Too bad we dont have a running back either though. Not sure we see the playcalling change drastically simply due to that fact.

12. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    That's what I'm hoping is going to happen (not for our starter to be out! :shock:, the run game). We will be forced to use the run more as I don't think MM is gonna trust Flynn to put the ball in the air much. Something good may yet come of this! I really wanted to see where Jackson and Kuhn could of taken that last week!

13. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +490
    Flynn will hold it down... Good arm... smart...

14. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Lets not forget when Flynn played VERY WELL against the Colt's first defense, and when our second string defense played against Peyton and his first offense in preseason. I have lots of faith in Flynn, I would obviously prefer Rodgers, but we can definitely win this game with Flynn

Unfortunatley, but injuries happen, I just wish they'd happen to us less...

Eli just got a concussion in preseason, and Peyton has one of the best Oline's in the league. Guy doesn't even have to move half of his games.

15. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    If Rodgers is out we are going to need to do Three things to win this game
    1- Great Defense. Most importantly COVER BRANDON MARSHALL. The guy scares the hell out of me. He is a Big Physical Receiver who we could have a lot of problems with and he is great with yards after catch
    2- Good Run game to help Flynn out and Good Pass blocking not like last game.
    3- Dont let Special teams and penalties kill us

One problem. We have not done any of these this year. I think the closest one is the Good defense. At times we look Very dominating on defense. Then we let a momentum shift happen and give their team an offensive spark.

16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
    Throw MM in the funny farm.

I don't have any faith in MM any more. Things are not changing quickly enough and the same mistakes are being repeated over and over again.

He and Ted should have had a much much better O-line by now to protect A-Rod.
    Do you think that idiot FINALLY got the message now that the starting QB may not play?
    Or are we going to continue to see a crumbling O-Line like last year?
    I fear the latter.

17. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    2 words: short slants.

18. randymoonsthepacks

randymoonsthepacks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope Flynn throws a couple bombs to Jennings (obviously with the packers still losing ;) ) as he's been a fantasy bust for me :p

19. randymoonsthepacks

randymoonsthepacks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Max Hall didn't beat the Saints. He didn't lose to them. The Cards D played well and the Saints have been average all year.

For Flynn to even have a hope of succeeding, the o-line needs to step up as the Dolphins have a pretty good pass rush with Wake and Dansby, but I personally don't think the Packers oline is up to it. But I guess we'll see. If MM has any sort of a brain then he will call a lot of short, high percentage passes on slants and screens. Although some people here don't think he does have a brain :happy0005:

20. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Just realized if Flynn starts it would be the first time with memory of ever seeing a Packers actual back up starting a regular season NFL game. I bet this may be a first for many people.

21. Packy

Packy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Matt Flynn will play lights out on sunday. He knows the other GMs and coaches are watching. With a little help from the Oline, and the defense, we will destroy the Dolphins.

Come monday, we will have a serious QB controversy.

Or I could be wrong... Flynn could be a serious loser. I prefer the first scenario.

22. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    First for me! :)

23. Packy

Packy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    1992 when a backup started for the injured Don Majkowski.

24. Recursive

Recursive Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it will be strange to see a back up start the game, but if it does happen I am glad it will be Flynn. He is a solid QB and hopefully the pressure doesn't get to him too bad. I know Lambeau will be backing him up all the way, so I think if he does start he will come out confident and ready to carry the offense to a victory. I have faith in him and everyone else should too. I mean what other choice do we have if Rodgers doesn't start, am I right?

25. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Oh man, I was waiting for somebody to bring up a QB controversy! Imagine what would happen if Flynn outplayed Rogers, granted it's against the Dolphins but still. Flynn is going to be playing hard, playing for his future as starting QB, more likely for another team than GB. I want to see what Flynn can do with that ball, it never hurts to have an elite QB and an awesome backup!