Idiots on Radio

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey who do the hosts on ESPN radio listen to or where do they get there information? I dont understand it they say that Brett Favre should step aside for Rodgers. Either that or they say that Favre should go play for another team. that is crazyness. First off he is better now than Rodgers is by far. Secondlly Brett Favre has already said that he doesnt want to play for another team. and shouldnt it shut some of these people up when they hear that Favre will probably not come back if there is a different coach in GB becaue he doesnt want to learn a new system? There is NO way he would go to a different team and learn a new system there.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
No educated person would say Rodgers is better than Favre. They are saying to put him in so he gets experience and becomes better.

If this is Brett's last year, I'd rather seem him play it out though.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's just it. Favre will not say if he is coming back or not. For him to say that he does not want to learn a new system is pretty damn selfish at this point. He wants it his way, with the coach he wants, in an offense that is geared to generate passing statistics for Brett.
Does the Packer world revolve around Brett Favre and to hell with the rest of the players?
What the hell ever happened to what ever is best to help the team win?
Favre is going to start losing a lot of respect if that's his approach to the team’s current situation.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Phil it is like this you spend 13 years at a factory making widgets and suddenly someone comes in and wants you to make whatnots. Well would you be jumping up and down if you loved making widgets.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Well Phil it is like this you spend 13 years at a factory making widgets and suddenly someone comes in and wants you to make whatnots. Well would you be jumping up and down if you loved making widgets.

But they would be paying me to make whatnots. If that company took good care of me for many years and made me a wealthy man then I would do my best to make them their whatnots or retire but I would not try to force their hand to continue to make widgets just to make me happy.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True but he did not say he WOULD not he said it would enter into his decision. Bottom line he has had the pleasure of playing under three coaches how many have the bears went through. 5?

same time frame

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand how the number of coaches the Bears have had over Favre's career has anything to do with Favre coming back or not. That was the subject was it not?
By the way, it is 4 coaches for the Bears, not 5.
Ditka 1992
Wannstedt 1993-98
Jauron 1999-03
Smith 2004-presant
:roll:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil, why do you insist on putting words into Favre's mouth. "he wants an offense to generate QB statistics" makes you sound like an idiot. He has said over and over they need more of a running game. What is with this obsession of yours about Favre? I guess 15 years of being *****-slapped by him will do that to you.

I have a couple questions for you. Has Peyton Manning said whether he is coming back or not next year? How about Tom Brady? Drew Bledsoe? Rex Grossman? No they haven't.....because nobody gives a **** about them. If you keep asking Favre a question over and over again he will keep giving you an honest answer. He doesn't know. When he knows he'll let the Packers know. If the Packers want to move on and can't wait for his answer then cut him. That's the risk he takes. He doesn't care what Philtration from buttphuksville thinks. Deal with it.

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Phil, why do you insist on putting words into Favre's mouth. "he wants an offense to generate QB statistics" makes you sound like an idiot. He has said over and over they need more of a running game. What is with this obsession of yours about Favre? I guess 15 years of being *****-slapped by him will do that to you.

I have a couple questions for you. Has Peyton Manning said whether he is coming back or not next year? How about Tom Brady? Drew Bledsoe? Rex Grossman? No they haven't.....because nobody gives a **** about them. If you keep asking Favre a question over and over again he will keep giving you an honest answer. He doesn't know. When he knows he'll let the Packers know. If the Packers want to move on and can't wait for his answer then cut him. That's the risk he takes. He doesn't care what Philtration from buttphuksville thinks. Deal with it.

AMEN to that, DePack!! the decision to retire or not is BRETT'S & he EARNED the right to make that decision IN HIS OWN TIME & IN HIS OWN WAY!!!!! people keep wanting him to stop the rumors by telling us the final answer when i honestly don't think HE even knows if he's retiring or not. as far as the comment he made about Sherman, that's what being a team player is ALL about, Phil!! not bad mouthing your coaches or players is a class act - i think WAY too much was read into his statement & i really believe he'll be back even without Sherman.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil.........I don't think Brett would give a (BLANK) if he threw even ONE more touchdown pass if they could win the Super Bowl next season without him throwing one. To say Favre is selfish is just plain stupid. He has been a TEAM player from day one, and has played with whatever receivers he has had, whether they were pro bowl players, or scrubs. This year, he hasn't had a whole heck of alot to work with. Yet he goes out and tries each time. He hasn't missed a game in over 200 starts.........I think he has EARNED the respect and right to speak his mind. I hope he comes back for one more year, to see what he can do with a healthy team, but if he goes, he has done alot for the Packers and their fans.
The thing with Favre is, he speaks his mind.......if he says he doesn't know if he's coming back yet, i believe him. I'm SURE he wants to think it all out before making a final decision. Not just blurt out "I'm retiring, cause we stunk this year." Then changing his mind and saying he's coming back. Which would make him look more selfish/stupid? Saying he wants to be sure he makes the right choice BEFORE saying what he will do, or flip flopping?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

None of the players that you mentioned starts every training camp by throwing out comments about how hard it is to get up for another season and wondering aloud if they still want to play. Favre does. He started the retirement talk back before the pre-season started so stop with this rewriting history to protect Brett bulls**t. He is a big boy and if he can't stand by his own comments or just say "no comment" then that's his problem.
You somehow think that I have started this "Favre retiring" rumor. Read the posts right here from your fellow Packer fans. You get 10 or 15 straight comments about this subject and the minuet I post a single word about it you start pissing and moaning about it.
Favre will be gone soon and you might as well get over it. Maybe try getting over yourselves while you are at it.

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ho ho ho to you too, Phil! :wink:

no matter what Brett decides, i think we can all agree that he's one of the greats of the game. :D

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sunshine said:
ho ho ho to you too, Phil! :wink:

no matter what Brett decides, i think we can all agree that he's one of the greats of the game. :D

I agree and have said so many times. The other day I said that he was in the top three of all time but I was a ****** because I put Elway at #1 in my opinion. You can't win with some people because they have one point of view and it's colored green and gold.

Merry Christmas to you by the way.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
That's just it. Favre will not say if he is coming back or not. For him to say that he does not want to learn a new system is pretty damn selfish at this point. He wants it his way, with the coach he wants, in an offense that is geared to generate passing statistics for Brett.
Does the Packer world revolve around Brett Favre and to hell with the rest of the players?
Favre is going to start losing a lot of respect if that's his approach to the team’s current situation.
Come on Phil history shows that a QB who has had 10 plus years in a system has not had success in changing systems or teams. They just died a slow death.
There is one exception, the old Chitown QB who holds the record for most career interceptions. What kept him going till about the age of fifty with about 10 different teams was that he could punt and do the place kicking.
Brett Favre is not being selfish, he just knows his limits.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Philtration said:
Come on Phil history shows that a QB who has had 10 plus years in a system has not had success in changing systems or teams. They just died a slow death.
There is one exception, the old Chitown QB who holds the record for most career interceptions. What kept him going till about the age of fifty with about 10 different teams was that he could punt and do the place kicking.
Brett Favre is not being selfish, he just knows his limits.

I understand what you are saying but that goes back to what is best for the future of the Green Bay Packers. Do they hold off on changes that really need to be made just so Brett Favre can go out on his own terms? The team comes first before any single player and that goes for EVERY player including Brett Favre.
By the way, if Favre truly knows his limits then he might want to stop flinging the ball into coverage game after game. This is not 1997 any more.

Members online

Latest posts