Idea for the NFL

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you support the draft being moved around to different cities in the US instead of just NYC?

I'm not saying GB per say (Not sure the Pack have the space for it in the atrium), but I would be down for driving to Chicago for it. Add Chicago, LA, Dallas, Miami (maybe), Seattle, DC, ect to the list of cities that get it.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a pretty good situation where it's at. Obviously if you move it you'll have the same problems as the Super Bowl does. Not that I would travel to Chicago when I can see Roger Goodell's face just as well on my t.v screen.

But if it means seeing less stupid Jets fans and and their chant every year then maybe it would be worth a thought.....:sneaky:

Now moving the date of the draft and free agency back a little bit would be something I could get behind!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree with moving it for many reasons, which have been mentioned.
I (un-heart) NYC already, sick of the east coast.

I think Vegas is a spot for it to be, but getting that many young guys together there, with the gangsta/rap/Biggie/Tupac crowd could take out one of the 1st rd picks before the weekend is over.

I would love it in Green Bay but I think it needs to be at a tourist area so you can have fans from many teams.... otherwise it's boring crowd for 31 picks until the home team.

Nobody's gonna visit GB in April for a weekend.
Vegas? They're always there. Plus more gambling.... the draft should have more gambling on the picks! It's coming......

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought those people in the gallery who went to see it were kinda weird - kinda like New Yorkers in general. Better to watch it on TV in my underwear and/or getting something done between picks.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I'd think it should go in Indianapolis, I don't think Chicago is deserving of anything, plus in some sense it is far enough West to be deemed out of the East Coast but far enough East so the New Yorkers can justify the travel.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd think it should go in Indianapolis, I don't think Chicago is deserving of anything, plus in some sense it is far enough West to be deemed out of the East Coast but far enough East so the New Yorkers can justify the travel.

I left them out as they have the combine but sure they could go in rotation

Cheesehead 786

Go Pack! Go Blue!
Reaction score

Hell yeah for Indianapolis! I'm less than 2 hours away.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Totally agree with moving it for many reasons, which have been mentioned.
I (un-heart) NYC already, sick of the east coast.

I think Vegas is a spot for it to be, but getting that many young guys together there, with the gangsta/rap/Biggie/Tupac crowd could take out one of the 1st rd picks before the weekend is over.

I would love it in Green Bay but I think it needs to be at a tourist area so you can have fans from many teams.... otherwise it's boring crowd for 31 picks until the home team.

Nobody's gonna visit GB in April for a weekend.
Vegas? They're always there. Plus more gambling.... the draft should have more gambling on the picks! It's coming......
Never be in Vegas. To much of a connection to the gambling aspect of it. And the NFL while they secretly back it,(ie: injury reports) they don't want the gambling aspect to over power the goody to shoes aspect the NFL tries to project.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never be in Vegas. To much of a connection to the gambling aspect of it. And the NFL while they secretly back it,(ie: injury reports) they don't want the gambling aspect to over power the goody to shoes aspect the NFL tries to project.

100% agree. If they are threatening to go to war with NJ over legalized gambling they wouldn't even consider holding a major nfl event in Vegas. I would be shocked if they even held the owners meeting there

M

mayo44

Yes, I'd like to see it moved around the country. And no, the Lambeau atrium wouldn't be a good venue for it. However, the Resch Center would.

Members online

Latest posts