I would like to personally thank the Seattle Seahawks..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For making the worst collapse in Packers history, something that would be discussed monotonously into next season, now an afterthought for the ages. That is all.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really think we're going to let that go? :)

I'll still ache over it, it was the toughest loss as a Packers fan I've experienced. It was also tough knowing that the "collapse" was going to be what this team would be remembered for and discussed by fans of every venue. But now the Seahawks will take the heat next year, and I feel our blunder might fly over the spotlight.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think ours was worse. They just had one mistake as opposed to our half dozen.

Russell Wilson will win the 'Most Punchable Face' award in NFL hands down.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think ours was worse. They just had one mistake as opposed to our half dozen.

I disagree that ours was worse. Indeed ours was a series of blunders worthy of the three stooges, but Seattle was center stage and had a locked and loaded back-to-back super bowl victory removed by stupidity. Time will heal both wounds, but I can rest a little easier knowing Seattle's wound is definitely more profuse.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Personally, I preferred having to endure Belichick's rather humble Victory speech much more then I would have been able to take one more from the smug Pete Carroll. Not sure what it is about Carroll, maybe it was his basking in the win after the Fail Mary game....but I can't stand the guy.

I agree with you Brandon.....and just think what the talk would have been HAD Lynch scored a touchdown and the Sea Schmucks win....."this team never quits......look how they came back against the Packers and now against the Patriots"...... This ending will definitely shed some light on to the fact that their luck finally ran out.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let's not forget about the classless fight at the end of the game either. The Sea Schmucks even lost that! :coffee:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted to see Carroll do his " well they thought we were going to run, but we knew that, but then I thought maybe they KNOW we know, so we know they know we know they know....so I called a pass"

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For making the worst collapse in Packers history, something that would be discussed monotonously into next season, now an afterthought for the ages. That is all.

So the Seahawks losing in the Super Bowl changes everything that happened in the NFC Championship game? Now it suddenly OK to put the loss behind us because the Seahawks lost as well. That line of reasoning makes no sense to me.

For those of us who have gotten over it and moved on it probably makes no difference but for those Packer fans still not able to get past it I would hardly think the results of the Super Bowl would change anything.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll still ache over it, it was the toughest loss as a Packers fan I've experienced. It was also tough knowing that the "collapse" was going to be what this team would be remembered for and discussed by fans of every venue. But now the Seahawks will take the heat next year, and I feel our blunder might fly over the spotlight.

Now that explanation makes a little more sense. I still don't think it matters to Packer fans but you are right maybe we won't get the heat from the rest of the fans like we would have gotten had the Seahawks won.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if that loss by Seattle will cover up the complete collapse the Packers had...

I know all the teams in the NFC north and fans will remember it clearly.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would think that award would go to Pete Carrol for making the worst play call in the history of the SB...

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I don't know if that loss by Seattle will cover up the complete collapse the Packers had...

I know all the teams in the NFC north and fans will remember it clearly.

Packers fans will definitely remember. If Seattle had won the Super Bowl, everyone would remember HOW they got their by defeating the pack in the collapse. Now that they lost in the fashion that they did the packers collapse will be overshadowed by the epic collapse on the goal line by the Seahawks in the biggest game of the year.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Seattle signs Lynch to the big contract they're talking about, we can thank them for that too. He's almost 30, an not too many running backs are successful past 28-29. They'd be locking up a lot of money into him.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans will definitely remember. If Seattle had won the Super Bowl, everyone would remember HOW they got their by defeating the pack in the collapse. Now that they lost in the fashion that they did the packers collapse will be overshadowed by the epic collapse on the goal line by the Seahawks in the biggest game of the year.

LOL keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.....

How did Seattle get to the Superbowl in the first place?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Remember what happened the first time the Packer's had an epic collapse? 56-0 against the Baltimore Colts in 1959 (I think was the year). We made history with one of the best team's to ever play the following year. On to next year guys. We have a tough schedule ahead, but the best offense in football and an improving young defense. Last year our defense was laughable. Made significant improvements this year, and we will continue to see that trend throughout the next 3 seasons. Good years ahead guys!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember what happened the first time the Packer's had an epic collapse? 56-0 against the Baltimore Colts in 1959 (I think was the year). We made history with one of the best team's to ever play the following year. On to next year guys. We have a tough schedule ahead, but the best offense in football and an improving young defense. Last year our defense was laughable. Made significant improvements this year, and we will continue to see that trend throughout the next 3 seasons. Good years ahead guys!

I don't remember the game (coming at the end of a pretty miserable run of seasons), but I really would like to see how they got 56 points in 5 minutes. :) Otherwise, hard to call it a collapse.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I don't remember the game (coming at the end of a pretty miserable run of seasons), but I really would like to see how they got 56 points in 5 minutes. :) Otherwise, hard to call it a collapse.
Losing a game by 56 points and not putting a single point on the board is an epic collapse. Not the same kind of collapse from the NFC Championship game, but a mess of a football game. There seemed to be some defensive issue, as our star linebacker sat for being "exhausted" hopefully, they can put their off-field issues aside, come together and make for an epic 2015-2016 season and bring Lombardi home.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, language problems again. I always thought that, in order to collapse, something had to have started at a higher level. A drubbing, a beat-down, an embarrassment, a joke, et. al., maybe, but a collapse, not so much, IMO.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember, there was a lot of criticism of the playcalling in the NFC Championship that McCarthy was too conservative and not letting Aaron loose in the second half. I suspect if the Packers were in a similar game ending situation as Seattle in the Super Bowl, we would expect him to throw the ball. Likely, the problem would be reversed. If they had handed Lacy the ball 3 times and got stuffed there would be controversy. However, if Aaron had thrown a pick a la Wilson, it would have been devastating but, I doubt many would be angry at the call. In any case, I think the way we lost to Seattle is still tougher to take as we simply gave the game away going brain dead on a fake field goal and onside kick.

However, this is hindsight, and as is pointed out in another thread, it is time to move on to 2015. I read where Aaron Rodgers said the goal next season is to be the number one seed. The first step in that process is to get off to a better start than 2014. The games in September are just as important as the games in December and I don't want to hear RELAX from Rodgers again in 2015.:)

Latest posts