I won't make friends saying this but...

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh well. People who whine all day long about Aikman annoy me. People who make stupid guarantees and then back track on everything they just said annoy me.
Why would you want them to know what your buttons are, especially knowing it won't stop? You ultimately choose whether you allow yourself to be annoyed or not. You're giving control to the very people you're complaining about. You see what I'm getting at here?

OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would you want them to know what your buttons are, especially knowing it won't stop? You ultimately choose whether you allow yourself to be annoyed or not. You're giving control to the very people you're complaining about. You see what I'm getting at here?

LoL and that is why I said "I'm not going into the shoutbox again". So I don't have to see the stupidity. See what I'm doing here? I'm venting and now I'm not allowing myself to see stupid posts again by not going into the shoutbox. As for stupid guarantees...that will never change.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LoL and that is why I said "I'm not going into the shoutbox again". So I don't have to see the stupidity. See what I'm doing here? I'm venting and now I'm not allowing myself to see stupid posts again but not going into the shoutbox. As for stupid guarantees...that will never change.
Nor should it. Fans predicting scores is as old as sports.

OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nor should it. Fans predicting scores is as old as sports.

No no no. You didn't understand what I said. I never said "predicting". There is a difference between a prediction and a guarantee. I have no problem with a fan predicting a score. A prediction is something you think will happen whereas a guarantee is something you "know" will happen. And since none of us know there should be no guarantees. When I see fans saying "The Cowboys don't stand a chance against Green Bay...this one won't even be close. Packers win by at least three TDs." that just ****** me off.

I make predictions. I never make guarantees.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

No no no. You didn't understand what I said. I never said "predicting". There is a difference between a prediction and a guarantee. I have no problem with a fan predicting a score. A prediction is something you think will happen whereas a guarantee is something you "know" will happen. And since none of us know there should be no guarantees. When I see fans saying "The Cowboys don't stand a chance against Green Bay...this one won't even be close. Packers win by at least three TDs." that just ****** me off.

Don't ask RamJackson ;) Its all fixed

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If some people want to make idiots of themselves, why not just laugh at them and be done with it?

OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If some people want to make idiots of themselves, why not just laugh at them and be done with it?

That's how you might react to people being idiots. That's not how I react to people being idiots.

Sky King

Reaction score
I hear you, particularly regarding the criticism of Aikman. However, your instincts about the reaction seemed to be correct, as represented by the title of this thread. In light of those instincts I really don't understand why you would purposely fire at your allies. That's a very peculiar strategy IMHO.

OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear you, particularly regarding the criticism of Aikman. However, your instincts about the reaction seemed to be correct, as represented by the title of this thread. In light of those instincts I really don't understand why you would purposely fire at your allies. That's a very peculiar strategy IMHO.

I don't have a strategy here. There isn't some big underlying theme. I'm not trying to gain anything. I simply felt like venting. If it means people on this board dislike me, to be quite honest, I couldn't care less. I have more important things to worry about in the game of life than if people on a message board don't like me. With that being said I don't purposely try to get people riled up. But I couldn't keep quiet on these two issues any longer. They have been bothering me all year.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's how you might react to people being idiots. That's not how I react to people being idiots.
Yes, obviously. If you want to keep smacking your head against that brick wall, you go right ahead. Just don't get mad when people get on you for starting entire threads dedicated to it.

OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, obviously. If you want to keep smacking your head against that brick wall, you go right ahead. Just don't get mad when people get on you for starting entire threads dedicated to it.

Got it. Thanks.

Sky King

Reaction score
I don't have a strategy here. There isn't some big underlying theme. I'm not trying to gain anything. I simply felt like venting. If it means people on this board dislike me, to be quite honest, I couldn't care less. I have more important things to worry about in the game of life than if people on a message board don't like me. With that being said I don't purposely try to get people riled up. But I couldn't keep quiet on these two issues any longer. They have been bothering me all year.
I can't speak for anyone else but I did not dislike you before your thread and still don't afterwards. But you did seem to fully understand what the reaction would be when you started. I hope you feel it was worth it. You aren't going to be much fun after a loss, are you. ;)

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it means people on this board dislike me, to be quite honest, I couldn't care less. I have more important things to worry about in the game of life than if people on a message board don't like me.
So you don't care if anyone likes you but you do care about things you have no control over, like people making idiotic guarantees that really have no impact on anything and people who don't like Troy Aikman. Got it.

OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you don't care if anyone likes you but you do care about things you have no control over, like people making idiotic guarantees that really have no impact on anything and people who don't like Troy Aikman. Got it.

Precisely!

OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, you're right. There are certainly idiots out there :whistling:

For someone who is so intent on telling me not to worry about what other people say, god you sure are concerned about what I'm saying. Haha, take your own advice and stop being a hypocrite ;-)

Reaction score
I've got two things to say:

1) I'm tired of seeing you guys guarantee wins throughout the week. It is absolutely idiotic to "guarantee" a win in a professional sport because you NEVER know what will happen. Anything can happen. It irritates the hell out of me to see people say "The Packers win this one easy...40-24" or "The Cowboys don't even stand a chance". You guys make these stupid guarantees based on "best-case scenarios" as in the Packers are on their A+ game that day. The problem is the Packers are very inconsistent at times and you never know what team you will see or when you will see it. Games that should be easy, are not and games that are very tough, the Packers win easy. You just never know. Which is why I hate these stupid guarantees because as we can see today the Packers are completely off their game. It isn't that the Cowboys are playing great, it's that the Packers pass D is getting trashed, their run D is doing "ok" and their offense is sucking big time.

Bottom line: Cut it out with these stupid *** predictions and guarantees because then come game time you guys make a complete 180 and say "OMG the Packers will definitely not win this game".

2) I'm so sick and tired of seeing complaints every single week about Aikman, especially in the shoutbox during games. I see the same people every single week and up to 10 different times every single game mention Aikman. It gets so old and repetitive. I get it, we all get it, you don't like Aikman but you don't have to remind us day in and day out, week after week, play after play "omg Aikman shut up" "Aikman just said...." "Aikman is an idiot..." "Why does Aikman..." Here is an idea, if you hate him so much mute the damn TV.

This is why I'm going to stay out of the shoutbox from now on. I'm sick and tired of seeing a lot of you people complain about Aikman and I'm REALLY tired of seeing people guarantee things and then watch the Packers fall flat and see those same people do a 180 and go against every single thing they said during the week.

That's it. I honestly don't care whatsoever what any of you say in response to this thread. This is a fact and what I have seen and many others have seen. It's annoying plain and simple.
I know I feel better. :whistling:

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) I'm tired of seeing you guys guarantee wins throughout the week. It is absolutely idiotic to "guarantee" a win in a professional sport because you NEVER know what will happen.

I'm guessing we wouldn't get along too well then. I've had this up at work since September...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts