I won't make friends saying this but...

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got two things to say:

1) I'm tired of seeing you guys guarantee wins throughout the week. It is absolutely idiotic to "guarantee" a win in a professional sport because you NEVER know what will happen. Anything can happen. It irritates the hell out of me to see people say "The Packers win this one easy...40-24" or "The Cowboys don't even stand a chance". You guys make these stupid guarantees based on "best-case scenarios" as in the Packers are on their A+ game that day. The problem is the Packers are very inconsistent at times and you never know what team you will see or when you will see it. Games that should be easy, are not and games that are very tough, the Packers win easy. You just never know. Which is why I hate these stupid guarantees because as we can see today the Packers are completely off their game. It isn't that the Cowboys are playing great, it's that the Packers pass D is getting trashed, their run D is doing "ok" and their offense is sucking big time.

Bottom line: Cut it out with these stupid *** predictions and guarantees because then come game time you guys make a complete 180 and say "OMG the Packers will definitely not win this game".

2) I'm so sick and tired of seeing complaints every single week about Aikman, especially in the shoutbox during games. I see the same people every single week and up to 10 different times every single game mention Aikman. It gets so old and repetitive. I get it, we all get it, you don't like Aikman but you don't have to remind us day in and day out, week after week, play after play "omg Aikman shut up" "Aikman just said...." "Aikman is an idiot..." "Why does Aikman..." Here is an idea, if you hate him so much mute the damn TV.

This is why I'm going to stay out of the shoutbox from now on. I'm sick and tired of seeing a lot of you people complain about Aikman and I'm REALLY tired of seeing people guarantee things and then watch the Packers fall flat and see those same people do a 180 and go against every single thing they said during the week.

That's it. I honestly don't care whatsoever what any of you say in response to this thread. This is a fact and what I have seen and many others have seen. It's annoying plain and simple.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 40
Seahawsk 7

And Aikman's a ******.

Bottom line: what right do you have to be telling people not to post their opinions? Answer: YOU DON'T.

Sky King

Reaction score

1) I'm tired of seeing you guys guarantee wins throughout the week. It is absolutely idiotic to "guarantee" a win in a professional sport because you NEVER know what will happen. Anything can happen. It irritates the hell out of me to see people say "The Packers win this one easy...40-24" or "The Cowboys don't even stand a chance". You guys make these stupid guarantees based on "best-case scenarios" as in the Packers are on their A+ game that day. The problem is the Packers are very inconsistent at times and you never know what team you will see or when you will see it. Games that should be easy, are not and games that are very tough, the Packers win easy. You just never know. Which is why I hate these stupid guarantees because as we can see today the Packers are completely off their game. It isn't that the Cowboys are playing great, it's that the Packers pass D is getting trashed, their run D is doing "ok" and their offense is sucking big time.

Bottom line: Cut it out with these stupid *** predictions and guarantees because then come game time you guys make a complete 180 and say "OMG the Packers will definitely not win this game".

2) I'm so sick and tired of seeing complaints every single week about Aikman, especially in the shoutbox during games. I see the same people every single week and up to 10 different times every single game mention Aikman. It gets so old and repetitive. I get it, we all get it, you don't like Aikman but you don't have to remind us day in and day out, week after week, play after play "omg Aikman shut up" "Aikman just said...." "Aikman is an idiot..." "Why does Aikman..." Here is an idea, if you hate him so much mute the damn TV.

This is why I'm going to stay out of the shoutbox from now on. I'm sick and tired of seeing a lot of you people complain about Aikman and I'm REALLY tired of seeing people guarantee things and then watch the Packers fall flat and see those same people do a 180 and go against every single thing they said during the week.

That's it. I honestly don't care whatsoever what any of you say in response to this thread. This is a fact and what I have seen and many others have seen. It's annoying plain and simple.
Forums are for posting opinions, are they not?

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the same vein, I'm tired of seeing people give up and accept defeat halfway through the game, as to ease the dissalointment of a possible loss, were the PACKERS!

Have some faith.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, we aren't as bad a Seahawks fans. They already have a thread going on who they're going to play in the Thursday night opener next year.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105323

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Well, we aren't as bad a Seahawks fans. They already have a thread going on who they're going to play in the Thursday night opener next year.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105323

Glad you posted this and brought it up. I have gotten some fluff for being arrogant towards the Seahawks and I don't think people understand what they are like. I really don't because there is no way I can fully explain it in words. I live about 2 miles from there stadium and I would challenge anyone who is really a Green Bay fan to endure what I have had to the last two seasons and come out and be all "Yippy" towards them.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what's really funny about your post here dan is that most of the people you are *****ing at only show up on game day to whine in the shoutbox most of them don't even post.

OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 40
Seahawsk 7

And Aikman's a ******.

Bottom line: what right do you have to be telling people not to post their opinions? Answer: YOU DON'T.

It's annoying as hell to see the same people being little babies and whining day in and day out about Aikman. And the same people who guarantee blowout wins and then during the actual game backtrack completely and go against everything they said, just makes them look dumb. But have at it.

OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yes I know Seahawks fans are bad. I see it all over "sportshoopla" with how cocky they are. To be honest, I don't feel confident in the Packers winning at Seattle. That's not to say they don't stand a chance, of course they do. But the Seahawks are playing very well, especially at home and the Packers just keep killing me with their inconsistent play. They looked great on that first drive, then just stall out, then look great later in the game. This is a common theme with them.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's annoying as hell to see the same people being little babies and whining day in and day out about Aikman. And the same people who guarantee blowout wins and then during the actual game backtrack completely and go against everything they said, just makes them look dumb. But have at it.

I read an article on Joe Buck the other day. He said something to the effect of "NFL fans tell you they want you to be unbiased, but that isn't true. They want you to be biased in favor of their team." And he is right. Look at the Cowboys boards. They're complaining about him now too. Buck and Aikman are not biased at all. I think they're both solid announcers. Aikman especially loves Rodgers. He called today's performance by Rodgers one of the best in playoff history. So I completely agree with you on that part. The complaints against Aikman and Buck are unfounded.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you care so much what other people say or do? What difference does it make? You can always ignore those people instead of preaching at them.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
And yes I know Seahawks fans are bad. I see it all over "sportshoopla" with how cocky they are. To be honest, I don't feel confident in the Packers winning at Seattle. That's not to say they don't stand a chance, of course they do. But the Seahawks are playing very well, especially at home and the Packers just keep killing me with their inconsistent play. They looked great on that first drive, then just stall out, then look great later in the game. This is a common theme with them.

I know. Although, we have just beat two really good playoff teams and while there were at Lambeau, Seattle hasn't played a good team since Kansas City and they didn't make the playoffs. The NFC West isn't what it was last year. They have injuries on the D-line. I know Seattle's roster like the back of my hand. They have a couple guys they HAVE to get healthy.

I'm not gonna sit here all week and try to convince people were gonna beat Seattle. I will say that if we play our game and don't turn the ball over I like our chances. I think this is a special team.

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read an article on Joe Buck the other day. He said something to the effect of "NFL fans tell you they want you to be unbiased, but that isn't true. They want you to be biased in favor of their team." And he is right. Look at the Cowboys boards. They're complaining about him now too. Buck and Aikman are not biased at all. I think they're both solid announcers. Aikman especially loves Rodgers. He called today's performance by Rodgers one of the best in playoff history. So I completely agree with you on that part. The complaints against Aikman and Buck are unfounded.
I totally agree Red.....I think they do a good job during the games, and Aikman is a HUGE fan of Aaron's.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

My name is Roger Goodell. I know exactly what the outcome of every game will be, because I plan it. :eek:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of the folks I saw in the chatbox during the week leading up to this one wanted Carolina here and not Dallas because they were concerned about a game like this. So I don't feel like there were nearly as many people guaranteeing a blowout as usual, but I do know where Dan is coming from. I certainly do see it in the regular season where people don't do much homework on an opposing team and when we lose or win in a nip and tuck battle, they blow the gasket. At the end of the day, I can always relish a win and if we lose, I just say it's not the end of the world because more often than not we come back to win the next week.

I think where me and some other folks get mad at the reactionary crowd is whenever someone has to call for heads to roll after a game and put someone on a firing squad list. When our offense is having that occasional game where they're sputtering, it's MM's fault and he has to go. When it's a shootout game and we're clicking on all 4's but the defense was off their game and gave up more than 30 points, Dom Capers has to go. And then when that one game of the year in Buffalo happens when our ST puts up a rare stinker, now all the sudden it's Slocum's fault the team is struggling. I think that's where things get most edgy in the chat or in these posts.

As far as Aikman goes, my problem with him is sometimes he can get a bit monotonous and sometimes will make mistakes that I can catch in his commentary, but for the most part I agree that he's not as bad as the complainers make him out to be, and to be fair, I think he gives our team more props than people think. I don't think of him as a pundit broadcaster though and think he's better than Phil Simms and a few others out there.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Most of the folks I saw in the chatbox during the week leading up to this one wanted Carolina here and not Dallas because they were concerned about a game like this. So I don't feel like there were nearly as many people guaranteeing a blowout as usual, but I do know where Dan is coming from. I certainly do see it in the regular season where people don't do much homework on an opposing team and when we lose or win in a nip and tuck battle, they blow the gasket. At the end of the day, I can always relish a win and if we lose, I just say it's not the end of the world because more often than not we come back to win.

I think where me and some other folks get mad at the reactionary crowd is whenever someone has to call for heads to roll after a game and put someone on a firing squad list. When our offense is having that occasional game where they're sputtering, it's MM's fault and he has to go. When it's a shootout game and we're clicking on all 4's but the defense was off their game and gave up more than 30 points, Dom Capers has to go. And then when that one game of the year in Buffalo happens when our ST puts up a rare stinker, now all the sudden it's Slocum's fault the team is struggling. I think that's where things get most edgy in the chat or in these posts.

As far as Aikman goes, my problem with him is sometimes he can get a bit monotonous and sometimes will make mistakes that I can catch in his commentary, but for the most part I agree that he's not as bad as the complainers make him out to be, and to be fair, I think he gives our team more props than people think. I don't think of him as a pundit broadcaster though and think he's better than Phil Simms and a few others out there.

I am guilty of blowing a gasket when Brad Jones "extends a drive" lol

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its one thing to predict a victory but to come out with crap like "The Packers win this one easy...40-24" or "The Cowboys don't even stand a chance" doesn't just show your own blatant homerism (which I can sort of live with) it shows a complete lack of football knowledge. Its not even about being able to post your opinion its about being afraid to acknowledge that a team you hate is any good. New flash you can hate the cowboys and still admit they are a good team. Predicting the Packers win a close one 24-21 makes you no less of a Packers fan than predicting they win a blowout 40-24 and it also shows that you may have some brains as well.

A loss by the Packers today would have been difficult to take but it would have been a bit easier to swallow knowing idiots like you mentioned Dan were getting theirs. Sometime when I read these absurd predictions a very very small part of me almost hopes we lose just to show these morons how stupid they look. Of course it wouldn't matter to them because those are the same fans that will claim the Dez Bryant call was the right one but would be saying "Jerry paid the refs again" on an identical call going against the Packers.

Every team has fans that make fans of other teams say all that teams fans are ********. These are those fans.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A high percentage of Packers fans complain about Aikman simply because he played for the cowboys (and beat us too many times that we care to imagine) He says great things about Rome and they are all "he's getting ready to give Romo a BJ" then when he says the same thing about Rodgers they have nothing to say.

I don't mind Aikman at all and I agree about Joe Bucks comment that fans want them to be biased toward their team.

OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yes, I really can't even begin to understand how so many Packers fans on here stick to their crazy idea that Aikman has this deep-seeded hatred for the Packers. I hear Aikman often say how much of a fan he is of Rodgers and how good of a team Green Bay has. Even after today's game Joe Buck said something like "Aikman you aren't often impressed with QB performances in the playoffs...." and Aikman goes on to say that today was one of the best games he has seen a QB play. He said he is a huge fan of Rodgers and so on and so forth. But I guess all of you Aikman haters are deaf to that and only hear when he is critical of the Packers and that makes you think there is a conspiracy to keep Aikman announcing Packers games or something. It's absurd.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yes, I really can't even begin to understand how so many Packers fans on here stick to their crazy idea that Aikman has this deep-seeded hatred for the Packers. I hear Aikman often say how much of a fan he is of Rodgers and how good of a team Green Bay has. Even after today's game Joe Buck said something like "Aikman you aren't often impressed with QB performances in the playoffs...." and Aikman goes on to say that today was one of the best games he has seen a QB play. He said he is a huge fan of Rodgers and so on and so forth. But I guess all of you Aikman haters are deaf to that and only hear when he is critical of the Packers and that makes you think there is a conspiracy to keep Aikman announcing Packers games or something. It's absurd.
Why on earth does it bother you so much? Don't you have better things to be doing that worrying about something as petty as this? Why does it even matter?

For the record, I don't care about Aikman one way or another.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd much rather preach at them. Thanks.

The problem with the ignore function on most sites is that it's not really an ignore function. The threads and crap still show up its just that you can't read what is posted. That and even if you ignore one guy nobody else does so when they quote him you still have to read their crap.

I don't know if it the same on this site or not. I haven't been here long enough to decide who I should be ignoring.

My problem is that I usually don't bother reading who makes the post before I click on it and by the time I click on it and figure out it was made by some ****** I'd rather ignore its too late and I've read half the crap. I have to learn to look at the author of a post before I read it.

OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why on earth does it bother you so much? Don't you have better things to be doing that worrying about something as petty as this? Why does it even matter?

For the record, I don't care about Aikman one way or another.

It sure seems like my posts are bothering you. So why on earth are my posts bothering you so much?? Don't you have better things to be doing than worrying about something as petty as this? See how that works?? Both ways.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sure seems like my posts are bothering you. So why on earth are my posts bothering you so much?? Don't you have better things to be doing than worrying about something as petty as this? See how that works?? Both ways.

Difference is you're whining about others voicing their opinions and attempting to silence them. I'm defending their right to voice them. Not the same thing at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackManDan

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Difference is you're whining about others voicing their opinions and attempting to silence them. I'm defending their right to voice them. Not the same thing at all.

Oh well. People who whine all day long about Aikman annoy me. People who make stupid guarantees and then back track on everything they just said annoy me.

Members online

Latest posts