I will eat some (small) crow on Lebron James

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I have been one of his toughest critics since he was with the Cavs. I never liked the guy. But, the "old Lebron" showed up tonight for game 6. The one we occasionally saw with the Cavs.

I guess the question now is if he can do it again? He was dreadful in last years finals in the closing games IMO and has been inconsistent at times this series.

I am mostly let down by the dreadful performance of a veteran Celtics team in game 6 at home though. Really a bit stunned by that.

Overall, sometimes I still do not get why Lebron went to Miami. His supporting cast is inconsistent and his coach iffy at best. He has to carry them quite often. So what is do different at times then what he had in Cleveland outside of more big names on his team? I don't get it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been one of his toughest critics since he was with the Cavs. I never liked the guy. But, the "old Lebron" showed up tonight for game 6. The one we occasionally saw with the Cavs.

I guess the question now is if he can do it again? He was dreadful in last years finals in the closing games IMO and has been inconsistent at times this series.

I am mostly let down by the dreadful performance of a veteran Celtics team in game 6 at home though. Really a bit stunned by that.

Overall, sometimes I still do not get why Lebron went to Miami. His supporting cast is inconsistent and his coach iffy at best. He has to carry them quite often. So what is do different at times then what he had in Cleveland outside of more big names on his team? I don't get it.

"Inconsistent at times this series?" you mean by scoring (in order) 32, 34, 34, 29, 30, and 45?

granted last night hasnt been done since Chamberlin in 64 but watev.

But here is the shocker, its not even his best playoff performance in that building! And his 9th best playoff game.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Heat should have been eliminated in 5 games. The refs gave them game 2. The Heat had 47 FTs. By a miracle the C's got it into OT to watch the no calls pile up including Rondo getting slapped.

Lebron is talented but largely a media creation too with puppet followers. The Heat also got FTs to get them to the finals last year where thankfully the Mavs caught fire.

I will never respect Lebron and this Heat "team". I see teams like the Pacers get NO attention all year until they play the Miami Cheat in the playoffs. Pacers had the 5th best record in the NBA. No big super star though or ref help for them.

And I believe the refs had a big say in the game 6 with Spurs/OKC. I watched a video on it and EVERY call went against the Spurs when they were up in the 4th. They took their lead away with phantom fouls.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This is how Stern feels about Lebron forcing a game 7:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heat should have been eliminated in 5 games. The refs gave them game 2. The Heat had 47 FTs. By a miracle the C's got it into OT to watch the no calls pile up including Rondo getting slapped.

Lebron is talented but largely a media creation too with puppet followers. The Heat also got FTs to get them to the finals last year where thankfully the Mavs caught fire.

I will never respect Lebron and this Heat "team". I see teams like the Pacers get NO attention all year until they play the Miami Cheat in the playoffs. Pacers had the 5th best record in the NBA. No big super star though or ref help for them.

And I believe the refs had a big say in the game 6 with Spurs/OKC. I watched a video on it and EVERY call went against the Spurs when they were up in the 4th. They took their lead away with phantom fouls.

Lebron is a media creation? wow. I mean wow.

A player has averaged 30 PPG, 9 RPG, 5 APG in a single postseason 3 times in NBA history: Oscar in 1963, LeBron in 2009, LeBron in 2012.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jules,if every call went against the Spurs in game 6 against OKC why are you not ripping them? Just curious. Also I believe I read somewhere that you where giving LeBron kudos. Did I mis-interpret that or what?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pjjqyk

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Sorry guys, not been posting much here with the info. Yes, the Spurs also got jobbed in game 6 vs. OKC.

Watch this video:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I have ripped OKC but not necessarily here. I feel both teams got plenty of breaks to set up this finals. So far the Heat are the clear chosen ones though:
http://spacecityscoop.com/2012/06/1...of-the-finals-over-the-oklahoma-city-thunder/

Game 3 stats:
Free Throws
Miami - 35
OKC - 24

Field Goal Percentage
Miami - 37%
OKC - 43%

Game 4 stats:
Miami is shooting 47%
OKC shooting 50%

Miami - 25 FTA
OKC - 16 FTA

Watching these finals is like watching a reality show so far. It's scripted.

What is even sadder to me is how much Westbrook attacked last night and got 3 FTs for the entire game.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
So, I changed my mind. I must have gotten slightly brainwashed eating some small (very small) crow on Lebron after game 6 vs. the C's. IN fact that game probably should not even had happened.

And last nights milking of the cramp was fierce. A great added element of the script.

I only have pulled for OKC being the lesser of the two evils but in reality this series has become hilarious to me and will always have a * next to it.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, I changed my mind. I must have gotten slightly brainwashed eating some small (very small) crow on Lebron after game 6 vs. the C's. IN fact that game probably should not even had happened.

And last nights milking of the cramp was fierce. A great added element of the script.

I only have pulled for OKC being the lesser of the two evils but in reality this series has become hilarious to me and will always have a * next to it.
Cramping was an added element of the "script"? No way LeBron would have voluntarily came off the floor. I don't know if you've ever gotten cramps but they hurt like hell and you can usually hardly move that muscle. I bet 9/11 was an inside job too? No?

Members online

Latest posts