I want to know a legitimate reason Brett doesn't...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
..file the papers and show up at camp, out play Rodgers for the job in camp and preseason and claim the starting job with play and not words?

Seriously, I can't for the life of me figure out why he is afraid to do just that and prove them wrong.. align the fans behind you and lead this team by doing and not saying?

I want a few legit reasons? No candied comments that he isn't wanted.. he has a 12 million dollar contract that says they do..

Come on.. legit reasons please?

Brett... you are the Ironman, the ultimate competitors of the last couple decades.. live up to that image please.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because ted or mm told him that there is no way that he is going to play in geern bay again. i honestly think thats a **** load of f*ck!

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
because ted or mm told him that there is no way that he is going to play in geern bay again. i honestly think thats a **** load of f*ck!

Undetermined doesn't equal no competition.. Ted stated it in his comments publicly.. store that and use it in camp after you have outperformed Rodgers.. other players will see it if you are clearly the better choice.. leverage that comment in the press.

Not sold on not showing up at camp with just that..

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
..file the papers and show up at camp, out play Rodgers for the job in camp and preseason and claim the starting job with play and not words?

Seriously, I can't for the life of me figure out why he is afraid to do just that and prove them wrong.. align the fans behind you and lead this team by doing and not saying?

I want a few legit reasons? No candied comments that he isn't wanted.. he has a 12 million dollar contract that says they do..

Brett... you are the Ironman, the ultimate competitors of the last couple decades.. live up to that image please.

I'd love more than anything for Favre to show up to camp and compete for that #1 spot. We were SO close to an SB last year. So close. Credit goes all around - Favre's near MVP performance, MM's brilliant coaching, TT's team building, the emergence of Ryan Grant, our D, our ST, our stud WRs, Donald Lee. We are still so close. I'm now severely missing Corey Williams, but hopefully our #1 pick last year can stop being injured and live up to being a #1 pick.

I like Rodgers, but he has to understand that he has to EARN the starting role if Favre comes back. If Favre doesn't come back, I will be fully in Rodger's camp and hope Rodgers can get us that Lombardi. Let's bring it back to GB where it belongs.

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great question. I can only think of a couple reasons.

1) He genuinely knows Rodgers will beat him out.

2) He has always wanted to leave GB (why, Im not sure. Maybe he wants a warmer climate?)

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Undetermined in my opinion is come to camp and take it.. without undermining Rodgers in the process.

Maybe Ted is guilty of poor wording publicly.. but maybe he is trying to encourage Rodgers that he has a chance at starting as well..

But seriously.. Brett Vs Rodgers in camp.. with years of experience he should be able to win his job back correct?

Or are we afraid that Rodgers might not be easy to beat?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Undetermined in my opinion is come to camp and take it.. without undermining Rodgers in the process.

Maybe Ted is guilty of poor wording publicly.. but maybe he is trying to encourage Rodgers that he has a chance at starting as well..

But seriously.. Brett Vs Rodgers in camp.. with years of experience he should be able to win his job back correct?

Or are we afraid that Rodgers might not be easy to beat?

I dont think Rodgers will be that easy to beat.

they have geared this offense towards his strengths so they say.
he has done literally everything this offseason.
he has worked with every WR we have...Oline, coaches and TEs as well.
he is younger, quicker, faster.
doesnt have Favre arm strength but isnt miles behind either.

I mean Favre basically only has one thing over Rodgers at this point and its experience... well that and his Favreness. You know... his ability to come out of unbelievable things, like sure-sacks, pass rush and retirements.

I think Brett is the better QB. but i dont think Arod is far behind, and if he is even a little behind you have to start him because he represents the best of the future and wont be terrible in the present.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Packnic.. that is mostly the reason I asked if there was a legitimate reason for not comming in an beating him out for the job.. because that is my next thought is maybe this is Brett doing nothing more than trying to avoid a straight up competition with Rodgers..

So I was hoping someone could provide a couple ideas or reasons instead of that..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it either but I told you about what I was feeling a while back and after the interview I feel 100% certain that Favre doesn't want to compete. He answered the question Why because I retired.

Then you have quotes give me my helmet or give me my release.

I mean it makes sense from the Packers standpoint to do this and Favre would win out but it takes two to tango.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Hey Porky... could a solution be as simple as pulling Aaron into a room and saying something to this nature.. "Aaron.. we are going to take Brett back, name him the starter going into camp.. your job is to rip the job away from him with play".

Then in camp, heavy split of the reps and favor the time in the preseason to Aaron.. if Aaron is the better option then deal with Favre at that moment..

Thoughts?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Porky... could a solution be as simple as pulling Aaron into a room and saying something to this nature.. "Aaron.. we are going to take Brett back, name him the starter going into camp.. your job is to rip the job away from him with play".

Then in camp, heavy split of the reps and favor the time in the preseason to Aaron.. if Aaron is the better option then deal with Favre at that moment..

Thoughts?

If Favre found out that would probably finish off whatever salvageable relationship with Thompson and McCarthy he might have. He obviously won't be happy from what I hear.

I think it'd take a lot of balls to name Favre the starter and then take it away from him. Just think of the backlash not only from Packer fans but the media as well. That would put even more pressure on Aaron Rodgers.

I certainly think if Rodgers were to out duel Favre in training camp that he should get the job but I don't think it would happen.

The Packers best case is to somehow convince Favre that competition is good. Maybe say it's not that you (Favre) haven't earned the job but Rodgers has prepared all year and he has earned at least a chance to compete with you. I don't know if that would work though.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I think it'd take a lot of balls to name Favre the starter and then take it away from him. Just think of the backlash not only from Packer fans but the media as well. That would put even more pressure on Aaron Rodgers.

If Aaron completely outplayed him.. Brett would have to be seeing it for himself as well.. the fans would see it, the teammates.. it would insulate it a bit for Ted and or MM... best player.

Would he be happy.. no.. but honestly.. being name the starter at the beginning of camp isn't locked in stone for the season moreso.. guys get beat out in camp all the time..

Risky yes, but I think we are getting close to the relationship being trashed for good already.. it gives the Packers one last chance to make sure on Rodgers.. it would take alot of camp time away from a franchise that Brett would be traded to or if released signed with.

But if Brett clearly outplays Rodgers.. which is probable.. then we go on to the season as well.

Different angle is all.

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean Favre basically only has one thing over Rodgers at this point and its experience... well that and his Favreness. You know... his ability to come out of unbelievable things, like sure-sacks, pass rush and retirements.

Hah, I enjoyed that.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

If Aaron completely outplayed him.. Brett would have to be seeing it for himself as well.. the fans would see it, the teammates.. it would insulate it a bit for Ted and or MM... best player.

Would he be happy.. no.. but honestly.. being name the starter at the beginning of camp isn't locked in stone for the season moreso.. guys get beat out in camp all the time..

Risky yes, but I think we are getting close to the relationship being trashed for good already.. it gives the Packers one last chance to make sure on Rodgers.. it would take alot of camp time away from a franchise that Brett would be traded to or if released signed with.

But if Brett clearly outplays Rodgers.. which is probable.. then we go on to the season as well.

Different angle is all.

Something tells me Favre would have a different opinion than McCarthy and Thompson regardless of what others see. You'll also have fans that will back Brett Favre no matter what.

You need to convince Favre to compete. You can't pull a fast one on him like Jack Del Rio did with Leftwich a year ago. Yeah that worked out but Bryon Leftwich isn't Brett Favre.

Members online

Latest posts