1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I Want A Funeral Like Evel's

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Dec 11, 2007.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, we made it back from Butte, and after being at Evel Knievel's final farewell, I'm changing my plans for my funeral. Man, what a final ride he took. We walked right past Smokin' Joe Fraser and Matthew McConaughey to get to our seats.

The Rev. Robert Schuller from the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, CA officiated the service and he had the crowd in stitches. Several other people who knew Evel told stories about him and each one was funnier than the last. :lol:

After the service the procession took a six mile route through Butte that is the parade route during "Evel Knievel Days" in the summer. We followed in our car, but exited when we saw the lights of the M&M bar. Priorities!! :D

The burial was private for just immediate family so we weren't at that.
    So, for my final farewell, instead of my ashes being dumped off the PEE bridge (another story), I want my ashes put in a Jack Daniels bottle, strapped in a rocket cycle, and blasted off across the Snake River Canyon just like Evel tried. Only, this time it won't matter if I don't make it......I won't know whether I do or don't. :shock:

2. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    RIP Evil, you were the coolest dude ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He was one of a kind. A man's man.
    When a guy wrote a scatheing (sp?) about him, he didn't sue him, he went after him with a baseball bat, and gave him a few whacks!

4. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    when i was a kid i wanted to be evil, i jumped my bike over creeks, garbage cans, people, loading docks.

i wonder what ever happened to robbie

5. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    dhpackr, Robbie Knievel is still taking after his old man. He had a reality show on TV a few years ago. He hasn't made the big name that his dad did, but he does do some shows and jumps around the country. I don't know if he lives in Butte or elsewhere. He was at the funeral of course, as were the whole Knievel family.

6. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesey.....the best one about Evel is when he and a buddy were hitting the bars one night and ran out of money. Spotting a new truck parked in front of the Mint Bar, Evel proceeded to remove the spare tire, then walked into the Mint and announced, "I've got a new spare tire that probably fits a Jimmy. Only $20 bucks and it's yours." The guy whose truck it's off of pulls out a twenty and takes the tire, saying "yeah, I can use another spare. I do lots of off road travelling and may need it."

Before the guy can go out to his truck, Evel and his buddy split and head to another bar. Dumb guy bought his own spare for twenty bucks.

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Tough you won't get one now what about me???????????

8. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Evil did the best wheelies

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Now THAT takes NADS!!! :lol:

10. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i wonder what the guy did when he realized he had been scammed

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't know.........but if it was me, i'd be bragging that i got scammed by EVEL himself!!! :wink:

12. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :p