1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Nov 28, 2006.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah yes...memories of the movie "The Christmas Story" are alive and well in Missoula. Remember Flick and his tongue on the flag pole? We just had our own version of Flick. It's bitter cold here,but some of the kids went out for recess...only if they passed inspection as to winter wear. Sure enough, one kid comes running in and says Joey's tongue is stuck to the fence. I grab my water bottle (warm for just such emergencies) and head out to unstick him.

Two squirts and he's a free 4th grader. Then some wise-cracking girl pipes in his face...."I TOLD you it would stick, but did you listen...NO!!!"

I head back in and realize I'm freezing....I'm in my shorts, Badger T-shirt, and its' 13 below zero.

Who's the idiot here??

2. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, Joey must be a Packer Fan too !
    :rotflmao:

3. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nah, vikes! He's probably just used to playing in a dome?!?! ;)

Good job, Bob!

Chris

4. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, bob - anytime i need help with my tongue, you'll be the guy i call. wait a minute...that sounded slightly more perverted than i intended. oh well...what the heck!! ;)

5. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Every generation has to learn certain lessons.
    Each generation has the same type characters of all the previous ones.

6. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What Really Happened
    with Little Joey

"I was on the the playgorund during recess" stated little Joey, "and it was -13 degrees."

I was pondering, "How can I be just like my favorite teacher and hero, Montana Bob. He is the Ultimate Packer Fan" said little Joey. "He does the dumbest things"

"So, I'll grab a car and take a drive" Joey said, "and get surrounded by Buffalo"
    " But then I realized that I can't drive" Joey said sadly.

"Then WHAM, it hit me" Joey stated. "I can do something really dumb, and stick my tongue to a fence."
    "That will make me just like my hero and favorite teacher, Montana Bob, the Super Packer Fan" Joey exclaimed.

"So with tongue out of cheek, I stuck it to the fence" Joey stated.

"Arth flith thlack, prith grack tranrth Pckth Fanth" Joey tried to shout with glee.
    Now I am qualified to be a Packer Fan. Nobody, even my hero Montana Bob can top this, Joey thought.

"Then, just as the pain was setting in" Joey stated, "I saw this crazy guy, wearing nothing but a t-shirt and shorts running in my direction"
    Wow, I thought, nobody is that dumb.

As this crazy dude got closer, I realized that it was none other than my hero and favorite teacher, Montana Bob" said Joey.

"He freed me from the fence" said Joey, "I was crushed as Monatan Bob, hero, and Packer Fan Supreme explained it to me"

"Joey" said Montana Bob, "Iv'e been a Packer Fan for many years, and as such, I am an expert at being foolish"

"As I walked away, head down and dejected" said Joey," I'll never be ridiculous enough to be a Packer Fan like my favorite teacher and hero, Montana Bob"

7. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :rotflmao: I'm laughing at that Vikes but remembering losing half my tongue to a metal post has removed my smile. At least now I've learned to put it in warmer places. (not there you dirty minds)

8. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Working in a mining camp in Kitimat B.C. in the winter of 1979 it was below zero by about 25.

I was working on attaching metal siding to a building. It was so cold we would work for a half hour and then head into a heated building for 15 minutes.

I had these huge thick gloves on that made it very hard to pick up a single metal screw and place it in place on the metal cladding to screw to the building.

I had a brilliant idea. Instead of trying to pick up one metal screw at a time out of the big box with those big gloves, I would just grab about four at a time and thow them in my mouth to hold them.

BIG MISTAKE

Major challenge... Two were stuck on my tounge and one on the inside of my cheek. I pulled them off which was the worst thing to do.

They came out ok... With skin attached.

Blood is warm though and the blood thawed the last screw off of my tounge with out a challenge.

Live and learn.

RP

9. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    OUCH!!!!!!!

10. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Vikes....that's a classic reply. I'm going to save that and put it on my bulletin board. You almost hit it on the head though.....the kid (Joey) did ask if I was freezing. I said "No. I'm a Packer Fan. We're used to this."

"yeh, right!" was all he said.