I thought MM was going to work with Favre to reduce the INTS

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that I expected it to really be true, but I thought that McCarthy was going to work with Brett on ball control, "no late passes over the middle, blah blah blah..."

If the freaking bears' D could catch a ball, there would have been four INTs.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: I thought MM was going to work with Favre to reduce the

He did help him!! They only threw 5 times in the first half last week!!

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's interceptions came when the game was out of hand. He played well for three quarters. If we stayed in a game, he won't be taking gambles like those.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Timmons said:
Not that I expected it to really be true, but I thought that McCarthy was going to work with Brett on ball control, "no late passes over the middle, blah blah blah..."

PackFanInSC said:
He did help him!! They only threw 5 times in the first half last week!!

That's real funny...You know what McCarthy also helped him do..LOSE.

0-1..that's real hysterical..:roll:

Some people here have no clue what the **** they are talking about. Favre threw 2 interceptions in a hopeless cause. Did you even watch the game, or do you just like talking without thinking?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Common Timmons,

You must know we were down 26-0 with 12 min left to go when he threw those picks. Desperation time lead to desperate measures, that simple !!

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brett throws the most picks when we're down in the fourth quarter. Maybe we should play Rodgers in the 4th to cut down on the interceptions?

:roll:

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with you guys his ints where in the 4th quater and it really did not effect the game.

Timmons the bears could have had 4 ints but they didnt. thats all that matters.

brett will be fine if hes protected and he was not in the bears game.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:

If the freaking bears' D could catch a ball, there would have been four INTs.

did somebody pi$$ in your cheerios or WHAT?? get a grip! :roll: :lol:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my take on Brett Favre and I clearly know it's not a popular thought. I realize the game was lost and out of control when Brett threw those interceptions. It's easy to say he was trying to make plays and I accept that too. My hope however, is that no matter what time of the game it is, that your quartberback makes the right play. I know Brett has made a living making spectacular plays and turning a loss into a victory, and he did that because he took chances. The key in those days is that he took chances, but he had players around him who could make those plays too. He doesn't have that now, other than with Donald Driver. So he has to know that. He also has to know that his team needs him to play well for it to have a chance, that simply means, make the right play not the great play. If you're in the game and you need the great play to win it, take a chance. If it doesn't work, you salute the guy for the effort. If the game is a blowout and the great play isn't going to help you to win, make the right play and try and make those around you better so that maybe one day that player can help you make the great play.

OP
OP
T

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks Packedhouse. Well said.

Yes someone did pee in my cheerios, the Packers for not even competing at home.

Losing I don't mind so much, as long as we play hard.

Anyway, back to the topic, I don't know what McCarthy can do to Brett for bad throws, (other than the unthinkable of benching him) but I thought these poor decisions were being addressed.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Timmons said:

Anyway, back to the topic, I don't know what McCarthy can do to Brett for bad throws, (other than the unthinkable of benching him) but I thought these poor decisions were being addressed.

Are you blaming last weeks loss on Brett Favre?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

majikman said:
Timmons said:

Are you blaming last weeks loss on Brett Favre?

How does that comment have anything to do with him blaming Favre for the loss?

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Timmons said:

To me, he seems to making a correlation between the Packers loss and not competing at home to Brett's accuracy, which had nothing to do with the loss, imo. It was a team effort--the loss, and Favre had a huge QB rating in the game. In other words, he had done what he had been asked to do by the coaches.

Yet people still want to somehow pin this game on Brett, the way I see it.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh man, I've never heard anyone blame last weeks loss on Brett Favre. It has been said over and over again that those interceptions came after the game was out of control.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brett didn't score those points for the Bears, they did.

His first INT was with 8 mins to go. Game over already. If you can't score a single point in three quarters i'll be damned if ur going to score 27 in almost a half of a quarter.

His INT's made sure we wouldn't score a point, but not cost us the game.

OP
OP
T

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since you guys want to try to turn this into a 'blame brett for the loss' thread, I'll lay blame.

I would say that our secondary lost the game for us. Our d-line was average or slightly above, our line backers were ok. The fact that we couldn't stop the Bear's passing game, that's why we lost the game. If I had to blame our lack of offense somewhere, I'd put it with our receivers for not getting open.

I thought the play calling was good enough, I would like to see more screens though.

If were were down and out at 26-0, then why was Brett playing if it was a total loss already? Why not play Rodgers? Rodgers wasn't playing because there was hope, no matter how slim, until the turn overs. Which brings me back to my intended topic of this thread, ball control. Brett needs to make better decisions or more accurate throws. If it's not there, don't force it. This team is not good enough to overcome turnovers.

I'll ask the question again. Is McCarthy going to do anything to improve our ball control?

Members online

Latest posts