I think we have something special

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at some of the OTA pictures on some of the team sites and the video on packers.com about the fumble recovering emphasis, Datone Jones is going to be a problem for O lineman. Also the fact that he got into a scuffle with Bulaga during the first full team OTA practice. It looks like he has tremendous push and good hand placement. Its going to be fun watching him. With him and Clay on one side and a healthy Perry and Neal on the other side, those QB pockets should close very fast.

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly hope you are right and on paper it does look good, but I will hold judgement until the pads are on in late July before I make the same claim. If you listen to what Perry said about his rookie year it's pretty clear he was a step behind and out of his elements. With Jones I don't expect him to suffer as much as he doesn't have to learn a new position, but the game is so much faster at this level.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right, I have no doubts.
But keeping them all on the field, not injured?
That's like asking for Powerball numbers.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I put $20 on the Pack winning it all this year when I was in Vegas in April. I am optimistic my ticket will be worth $260 in February. Packers odds were 12-1 and Seattle was the favorite at 5-1.

I don't know if its just me, but whoever decided Seattle and Russell Wilson were the hands down favorite to win it all this year are smoking crack. They had a good year but let's be honest here. I think they played above themselves last year. I also keep hearing about their great receiving corps. I don't think adding Percy Harvin puts their WR corps anywhere near ours. A couple ex-Vikings and Golden Taint? Oh boy, look out world.. Maybe if their names were Moss and Carter I'd be impressed.

They aren't invincible at home either. Our O-line played their worst game of the year in Seattle and we still won that game no matter what the official result was after playing mediocre all day.

Heck, the Seadderral Cheathawks are a few PED tests away from not being able to field a team.

I'd put money on them missing the playoffs long before I'd put it on them winning the Super Bowl. Not saying they won't make the playoffs, just that it's more likely than winning a title.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I put $20 on the Pack winning it all this year when I was in Vegas in April. I am optimistic my ticket will be worth $260 in February. Packers odds were 12-1 and Seattle was the favorite at 5-1.

I don't know if its just me, but whoever decided Seattle and Russell Wilson were the hands down favorite to win it all this year are smoking crack. They had a good year but let's be honest here. I think they played above themselves last year. I also keep hearing about their great receiving corps. I don't think adding Percy Harvin puts their WR corps anywhere near ours. A couple ex-Vikings and Golden Taint? Oh boy, look out world.. Maybe if their names were Moss and Carter I'd be impressed.

They aren't invincible at home either. Our O-line played their worst game of the year in Seattle and we still won that game no matter what the official result was after playing mediocre all day.

Heck, the Seadderral Cheathawks are a few PED tests away from not being able to field a team.

I'd put money on them missing the playoffs long before I'd put it on them winning the Super Bowl. Not saying they won't make the playoffs, just that it's more likely than winning a title.

Are you delusional? Seattle has one of the best defences in the league, a great running game, and quite a solid offence in general. They should be the favorites to win.

While i agree that the packers should have won that game against them, but I can't be too impressed with a packers offence that scored 12 points. You need to do better than that and expect to win.

Green Bay has a good chance to go far into the playoffs but that defence needs to be a lot better and the offence needs to stick with the running game. There is enough talent on the packers to go far but until that defence shows me they can stop someone it will be one and done at best.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you delusional? Seattle has one of the best defences in the league, a great running game, and quite a solid offence in general. They should be the favorites to win.

While i agree that the packers should have won that game against them, but I can't be too impressed with a packers offence that scored 12 points. You need to do better than that and expect to win.

Green Bay has a good chance to go far into the playoffs but that defence needs to be a lot better and the offence needs to stick with the running game. There is enough talent on the packers to go far but until that defence shows me they can stop someone it will be one and done at best.
I agree our defense (s, not c) was atrocious against the Niners last year, and the Giants, and we need to be a lot LOT better.
But personnel wise, we are.
Datone Jones & Nick Perry could be as good as adding Justin Smith and Lamar Woodley.
We'd be thrilled as hell with those 2 additions, and I agree with Teddy Thompson on these 2 youngsters.... they have the talent to become superstars, right away if healthy.
Perry showed glimpses last year.

Plus getting Bishop back, and a year of experience from the #2 & #3 safeties will help as well.

I don't see why we can't go undefeated if we get lucky with the injuries this year.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Datone Jones looks like a young Julius Peppers, or at least he's built like that. No joke - these guys really need to step it up. Mike Neal, etc. I hope Johnny Jolly makes a successful comeback - those stories are always nice to see.

Members online

Latest posts