I think now is a good time to panic

• Thread starter The_Ohioan_Cheesehead
  • Start date

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha does it matter really? i think the point is that ironically when ted was outta there, they make it to the super bowl.. is that saying something, maybe?.. i love how you nitpick at what people say and refuse to see the bigger picture in the argument.. your love for ted and MM have blindfolds over your eyes my friend
What do you mean it doesn't matter? Of course it matters. Unless it's personal, then it doesn't mater. It's like saying when Favre left in 08, the Packers had a losing season. You don't look at what happened in the season, you don't look at his replacement's performance, you don't look at the injuries.

There's no bigger picture here. Seattle didn't bring a single free agent when TT left. TT had no implement in what happenend during practices or gameday. He merely build the roster, the SAME one that they reached the SB with. So your argument is rendered invalid.

Like I said last year, we didn't need to bring in any FA BEFORE the season. But when injuries start piling up, then it's time. Wanted a decent CB last year when Harris left, and it killed us.

Though now, you can't pinpoint. You can't say it's the pass D, or is the receivers, or is the OL. It's everything. And when it's everything, it's the coaching staff.

Why did they perform last year with the same coaching staff, and aren't performing right now? I don't know. If anyone does, please explain. If it was a fluke last year, it was because the players meeting, I can accept that. But it's not definite, one can't AFFIRM it's that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
haha does it matter really? i think the point is that ironically when ted was outta there, they make it to the super bowl.. is that saying something, maybe?.. i love how you nitpick at what people say and refuse to see the bigger picture in the argument.. your love for ted and MM have blindfolds over your eyes my friend

If they signed free agents that hardly played then yeah it does matter..

I will say this one time..

I support my team but because I support them doesnt mean I have love for MM and Ted...

I wish MM would run ball more we actually can run it, but he needs to stay with it...

I want Ted to get help
I want him to trade James Jones for a a solid rb
I want him to trade an o-l for a LB

I know he wont do those things and it ****** me off.

Before the season started I felt this team was right there...Then all the injuries started and I wanted him to get help...He sees it happening but is doing nothing to fix it..It frustrates hell out of me too..

But for me I wont sit here in every post whine and complain about Ted..Cuz it does NOTHING for me...

So go ahead and bash away if it makes you fell better, then go hit your head on the wall...Because both actions get you same result of Ted getting help..

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree they have the players to win......now it is apparent to me, the play calling and discipline of too many penalties is killing them. They can't finish off a game with a game winning drive.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to know....What ADJUSTMENTS people want done?

People flap their mouth we dont make adjustments..

So instead of *****ing they are not making them then at least tell us what they should do

Then tell me how you know for a damn fact the coaches DONT make adjustments?

Here is one anyone with any knowledge about football and didn't have some kind of mental impairment would see. Bulaga didn't get much help when he was getting beat. I am not saying he never got it.......but he was pretty much on his own and having problems.

Another thing is obvious. Look at the 3rd down conversions for the last 2 games. 3 out of 13 this week. 5 out of 17 last week. We converted a total of 8 out of 30 in the last 2 weeks. That is pretty crappy don't you think??? Look at the plays called when we were less than a yard out from the endzone. Get up on the line with everyone in tight???? Spread them out with 4 wide is pretty obvious. We finally did that and it worked. Rodgers is not making good decisions either. How many times last week was it 3rd and 2 with no one in front of him and he threw an incomplete pass when he could have stepped up and easily got a 1st down to keep the drive alive? Our punter kicking a squib kick directly to the return guy. hmmmmmm........mistake after mistake.

I can just go on and on about all the mistakes we are making. The play calling is not good. Our players are making huge mistakes. Our special teams can't do anything right........except Crosby.

So let me flap my mouth because I don't know what the hell I am talking about. Not.

I guess you might be right to a certain extent. They might make a adjustment here and there.......but its like learning to run before we can even crawl. What good are adjustments if we can't even get the basics of football right.?? I am a realistic kinda guy. If it looks like **** and smells like ****........I don't have to taste it to come to the conclusion that more than likely its ****.

You ask what we should do???? Coaches get paid to coach. That is what they need to start doing instead of going through the motions. Slocum should have been fired last year. Grant went down, we should have traded for DeAngelo Williams. So what if we have to give up a second rounder and a player. Pat Lee was a second rounder and he hasn't done squat. At least we know what we are getting with him. Our players are not helping each other. Look at the rookie lining up in a position he shouldn't be in on that punt. Didn't it give them a first down? You telling me nobody next to him knew he couldn't do that?

Bottom line is the Greenbay Packers are not disciplined and they are not a team. Its a bunch of guys not helping each other. Adjustments are kind of impossible if their is no discipline. :frustrated:

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you mean it doesn't matter? Of course it matters. Unless it's personal, then it doesn't mater. It's like saying when Favre left in 08, the Packers had a losing season. You don't look at what happened in the season, you don't look at his replacement's performance, you don't look at the injuries.

There's no bigger picture here. Seattle didn't bring a single free agent when TT left. TT had no implement in what happenend during practices or gameday. He merely build the roster, the SAME one that they reached the SB with. So your argument is rendered invalid.

Like I said last year, we didn't need to bring in any FA BEFORE the season. But when injuries start piling up, then it's time. Wanted a decent CB last year when Harris left, and it killed us.

Though now, you can't pinpoint. You can't say it's the pass D, or is the receivers, or is the OL. It's everything. And when it's everything, it's the coaching staff.

Why did they perform last year with the same coaching staff, and aren't performing right now? I don't know. If anyone does, please explain. If it was a fluke last year, it was because the players meeting, I can accept that. But it's not definite, one can't AFFIRM it's that.
not really.. at the end of the day, ted leaves they make it to a superbowl.. coincidence? who knows? but theres alot more to being a GM than just being able to draft well.
If they signed free agents that hardly played then yeah it does matter..

I will say this one time..

I support my team but because I support them doesnt mean I have love for MM and Ted...

I wish MM would run ball more we actually can run it, but he needs to stay with it...

I want Ted to get help

I know he wont do those things and it ****** me off.

Before the season started I felt this team was right there...Then all the injuries started and I wanted him to get help...He sees it happening but is doing nothing to fix it..It frustrates hell out of me too..

But for me I wont sit here in every post whine and complain about Ted..Cuz it does NOTHING for me...

So go ahead and bash away if it makes you fell better, then go hit your head on the wall...Because both actions get you same result of Ted getting help..
IM not here screaming for TT or MM's head.. i only really tend to really freak out on the day of the loss, but thats just how i take them ya know, everyones different.. im just stating what im seeing happening to the packers, and i think it falls on both their heads equally.. MM IMO, for not being able to make the proper adjustments with all these injuries, and TT for not bringing in players needed to fill those holes.. you are correct, sitting here and whining about whats going on, does nothing at the end of the day.. you seem to have a good head on your shoulders and know a thing or two about this game, we just have different opinions on whats happening to us right now, but i think we can all agree we just arent getting it done right now

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not really.. at the end of the day, ted leaves they make it to a superbowl.. coincidence? who knows? but theres alot more to being a GM than just being able to draft well.
I really can't comment on that. If you feel that way, so be it. But if you take that logic to your life, you're gonna fail in a lot of things, that's the only thing I can tell you... Because it wasn't just TT what changed. The HC and players didn't change. But they did. Players develop and grow old, coaches learn, there's schedule and luck. You need to look at what one individual affected the team. To what TT was responsible for, nothing changed the year he left. But then again, I've already made that point.

IM not here screaming for TT or MM's head.. i only really tend to really freak out on the day of the loss, but thats just how i take them ya know, everyones different.. im just stating what im seeing happening to the packers, and i think it falls on both their heads equally.. MM IMO, for not being able to make the proper adjustments with all these injuries, and TT for not bringing in players needed to fill those holes.. you are correct, sitting here and whining about whats going on, does nothing at the end of the day.. you seem to have a good head on your shoulders and know a thing or two about this game, we just have different opinions on whats happening to us right now, but i think we can all agree we just arent getting it done right now
I conceive you this: It's the GM who hires the HC.
TT is the GM, not the head scout or the VP for player personnel.

BTW, I'm totally with you in bringing players, when you lost some key ones, and the replacements aren't performing. There's only so much time you can wait for someone to perform. It's a though job, the nfl. You don't perform, you go unnemployed. At least that's how it should be.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really can't comment on that. If you feel that way, so be it. But if you take that logic to your life, you're gonna fail in a lot of things, that's the only thing I can tell you... Because it wasn't just TT what changed. The HC and players didn't change. But they did. Players develop and grow old, coaches learn, there's schedule and luck. You need to look at what one individual affected the team. To what TT was responsible for, nothing changed the year he left. But then again, I've already made that point.

I conceive you this: It's the GM who hires the HC.
TT is the GM, not the head scout or the VP for player personnel.

BTW, I'm totally with you in bringing players, when you lost some key ones, and the replacements aren't performing. There's only so much time you can wait for someone to perform. It's a though job, the nfl. You don't perform, you go unnemployed. At least that's how it should be.
i have been pretty successful in life thus far with my "logic" but thats besides the point..but you are right in saying that if the players dont perform, they should be unemployed.. thats how all jobs should be/are..if you aint cutting it, your gettin fired, plain and simple

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have been pretty successful in life thus far with my "logic" but thats besides the point..but you are right in saying that if the players dont perform, they should be unemployed.. thats how all jobs should be/are..if you aint cutting it, your gettin fired, plain and simple
Yes, but you can't go all Geroge Steinbrenner on everybody...

BTW, THAT wasn't a coincidence, that they won when he was away from management...

(Sorry for the baseball reference. Won't happen again)

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but you can't go all Geroge Steinbrenner on everybody...

BTW, THAT wasn't a coincidence, that they won when he was away from management...

(Sorry for the baseball reference. Won't happen again)
are you sure about that? George was pretty successful with the yanks wouldnt you say? haha but in all honesty, you really cant just axe everyone lol..

when who won?? are we talking about ted or george here.. sorry im a bit slow right now for reasons i shouldnt put up on the internet if ya know what i mean hahaha

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are you sure about that? George was pretty successful with the yanks wouldnt you say? haha but in all honesty, you really cant just axe everyone lol..

when who won?? are we talking about ted or george here.. sorry im a bit slow right now for reasons i shouldnt put up on the internet if ya know what i mean hahaha
Damn you spanish guy and your plants hahahaha

I meant the Yankees. TT never won **** (/shivers). After a shitload of years, the Yankees finally win a championship in 96, when Steinbrenner was banned from the day-to-day opperations.

Yes, he was incredibly sucessful in stabilishing the Yankees brand.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I meant the Yankees. TT never won **** (/shivers). After a shitload of years, the Yankees finally win a championship in 96, when Steinbrenner was banned from the day-to-day opperations.

Geez, you and spanish rice are bantering like husband and wife, it's keeping me entertained, please don't stop now! :eek:k:

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed
Agreed
No way do we give up a O-lineman. Think about this. Any of our starting O-lineman go down and we are back to early last year. Tausher and Clifton will be gone next year in my opinion. We need to have some young guys with a little bit of experience before they go. We will probably get another guy in the draft hopefully like in the 3rd round. Using the 1st and 2nd to pick up a corner and a linebacker..............hopefully........if TT uses his brain.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you said it not me ;) hahahah.. yea hopefully that changes this year.. as for george, i did not know that, im only a baseball fan in the playoffs and if the yanks are winning (yes im a bandwagon fan lol)..but you learn something new everyday

packers1517

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't know why people feel like it's panic time. So far in my eyes, I've never felt the need to panic being 3-3. I didn't panic last year when we were 4-4 and we went 7-1 after that. Yes our play is sloppy, our 3rd downs are horrible but at some point, I'm thinking soon, our players are gonna snap and go nuts.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I just don't know why people feel like it's panic time. So far in my eyes, I've never felt the need to panic being 3-3. I didn't panic last year when we were 4-4 and we went 7-1 after that. Yes our play is sloppy, our 3rd downs are horrible but at some point, I'm thinking soon, our players are gonna snap and go nuts.
Season ending injuries on a plethora of starters, that's why.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've pretty much written this season off. The team continues to make critical mistakes at key moments in games, and the injury situation is beyond ridiculous. I personally believe they're going to be 4-5 going into the bye week. What's especially frustrating, is it's a down year in the NFC. After six games, there are no one loss teams let alone undefeated teams in the entire conference!

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've pretty much written this season off. The team continues to make critical mistakes at key moments in games, and the injury situation is beyond ridiculous. I personally believe they're going to be 4-5 going into the bye week. What's especially frustrating, is it's a down year in the NFC. After six games, there are no one loss teams let alone undefeated teams in the entire conference!

LOL, writing them off? Ok, can you say TampaBandWagon?

Reaction score
This thread should be eyeopening to many of us

It was also posted around the same time (3-3, Mid-october)

Especially the stuff like this
The Packers totally suck. Poor offense..........defense couldn't stop my F'n grandmother. Special teams really suck ***. Playoffs?????? Playoffs? Are you F'n kidding me???? Playoffs???
Can anyone remind me what happened that year?

Members online

Latest posts