I think now is a good time to panic

• Thread starter The_Ohioan_Cheesehead
  • Start date

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to know....What ADJUSTMENTS people want done?

People flap their mouth we dont make adjustments..

So instead of *****ing they are not making them then at least tell us what they should do

Then tell me how you know for a damn fact the coaches DONT make adjustments?

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So instead of *****ing they are not making them then at least tell us what they should do

I would think I know a little something about coaching but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to tell they are not making them. Are you watching the same games as I am? I don't know what adjustments they should make seeing as I don't have the info Needed but I can tell you he's not making the proper ones if he is making them.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How about the simple fact of keeping someone in to help our rookie right tackle block?

What about seeing that we are getting little to no pressure on Henne? Think we could dial up a blitz? I would like to know the number of blitzes that the Packers attempted. It wasn't like they were dumping little screens off like the Lions did.

Like I have said many times now, the injuries are the major culprit... McCarthy only makes things worse.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How about the simple fact of keeping someone in to help our rookie right tackle block?

What about seeing that we are getting little to no pressure on Henne? Think we could dial up a blitz? I would like to know the number of blitzes that the Packers attempted. It wasn't like they were dumping little screens off like the Lions did.

Like I have said many times now, the injuries are the major culprit... McCarthy only makes things worse.

I am pretty confident they blitzed a lot at the start with no pressure at all..So it looked to me that they stopped the blitzing to allow the LB to cover more..

The no help on Buluga baffles me....I agree they should have..

However what TE can do that? I sure as hell dont know if the ones playing good cuz I dont know...But maybe the coaches KNOW those TE cant block?

What packages were they in that would allow a back or FB to stay in?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would think I know a little something about coaching but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to tell they are not making them. Are you watching the same games as I am? I don't know what adjustments they should make seeing as I don't have the info Needed but I can tell you he's not making the proper ones if he is making them.

FYI you came across as that you KNOW what they should be doing..

Now reading this post

You dont know what adjustments they should make?

But you know they arent doing them?

I guess I got my question answered

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i still don't believe wide-spread panic is in order. it amazes me that even with the slew of injuries that the Pack has suffered, they are still able to hang with teams. im actually excited to see what happens when the team gets somewhat healthy and guys like bigby and harris return.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't know to be honest with you, I just hate to see my team lose and knowing something is broken and not being able to fix it is frustrating for everyone. I like to play the armchair/ Monday morning QB, I win my fantasy league once and now I think I'm a head coach, LOL. It's frustration for the most part. It can't be that easy to fix otherwise they (coaches) would of fixed. I for one would like to see them run the ball more and yes that would mean an excellent RB or TE (both?! getting greedy). That would also mean somebody would have to block for/ protect the RB so he has somewhere to go. This would require time and practicing plays, time we don't really have so my idea may be futile at this point in time. I think so much has to do with far too many injuries, nobody can fix that, we just have to fight on.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i still don't believe wide-spread panic is in order. it amazes me that even with the slew of injuries that the Pack has suffered, they are still able to hang with teams.

Dont you know, the Packers have no injuries? Thats why people are so pissed off...

They think you lose a the #1 pass rusher, two other linebackers, put rookies in the secondary, lose your top receiving threat, lose a top 15 running back, and a very good right tackle you wouldnt miss a beat

My god they should be 5-0

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

God Help us Next week against the viqueens and the old man. If we cant do any pass rush we are toast and so is Rogers if Jared Allen gets through.

We gotta Win next week. Isnt this the same time as last year GB mounted a Comeback after losing to tampa.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as it hurts we must not give up. We are having a really bad time right now, but it won't always be like this. I truly believe this team can come back. Crazy things are going on all over the league, not just with us. We have many battle left ahead of us. The freakin Lions could still come back and win it for all we know.

Vikings are having issues if it helps any, Peterson = fail!!!

What a laugh! Peterson=FAIL? Are you kidding me? Sure, he had an off game against a VERY DESPERATE Cowboy's defense, but let's remember which team has ISSUES surrounding the running game as a whole! Packers have a BIG ISSUE regarding the run game, Peterson=5.5 or so yards per carry, I hate to tell you but that isn't fail by any means, he IS the best RB in the league, and just imagine how much better he would be if the Vikings had half an offensive line, same goes with Favre and pass protection.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a laugh! Peterson=FAIL? Are you kidding me? Sure, he had an off game against a VERY DESPERATE Cowboy's defense, but let's remember which team has ISSUES surrounding the running game as a whole! Packers have a BIG ISSUE regarding the run game, Peterson=5.5 or so yards per carry, I hate to tell you but that isn't fail by any means, he IS the best RB in the league, and just imagine how much better he would be if the Vikings had half an offensive line, same goes with Favre and pass protection.

Haha, I just said that to press your buttons, I knew you'd be along, you kept me waiting though! Congrats on your Vikings, I hate saying that, I'd sooner fall on my own sword but you guys did outplay the Cowboys. Peterson didn't looked good to be real. Hope he isn't injured though. You guys need to hit up Moss more, also protect your precious Favre for God's sake! He is gonna get killed out there, good help him next week, our LBs are gonna eat him up. Also, you guys have a real good RB/ punt returner (I think it's a RB... can't think of his name, H something....). I look forward to next week where we will settle this once and for all. Gonna be a good game!

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha, I just said that to press your buttons, I knew you'd be along, you kept me waiting though! Congrats on your Vikings, I hate saying that, I'd sooner fall on my own sword but you guys did outplay the Cowboys. Peterson didn't looked good to be real. Hope he isn't injured though. You guys need to hit up Moss more, also protect your precious Favre for God's sake! He is gonna get killed out there, good help him next week, our LBs are gonna eat him up. Also, you guys have a real good RB/ punt returner (I think it's a RB... can't think of his name, H something....). I look forward to next week where we will settle this once and for all. Gonna be a good game!

I knew you were, just waiting on other responses as well. Peterson struggled because the Cowboys run defense is really good, he isn't hurt bad enough to miss a game or anything, it was just rather a tweak from what I heard. Favre was holding onto the ball a long time more than half of the time during today's game, but I do agree that our O-Line blows. It doesn't help that Favre is far from mobile either. I think your LB's are pretty good, but if the Vikes could handle the Jet's defense at Meadowlands field, I am not worried about the Packers one bit (no offense). Also, John Sullivan (the Center) should be back by then, and if so that will help a lot.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI you came across as that you KNOW what they should be doing..

Now reading this post

You dont know what adjustments they should make?

But you know they arent doing them?

I guess I got my question answered
WTF are you talking about?? like i said have you watched any games? not being able to score in the second half and finish off games has to do with, A. POOR ADJUSTMENTS or B. NOT MAKING ADJUSTMENTS.. but hey what do i know about football?.. on a side note, are you related to good ole mike?
Dont you know, the Packers have no injuries? Thats why people are so pissed off...

They think you lose a the #1 pass rusher, two other linebackers, put rookies in the secondary, lose your top receiving threat, lose a top 15 running back, and a very good right tackle you wouldnt miss a beat

My god they should be 5-0

so wait NOW we are making excuses for losing? oh i see :wacko:

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jets game was in lot of rain, might have had something to do with it

Maybe? But the rain affected the offense and defense equally right? I wouldn't say the rain made the Jets defense less effective simply because the rain makes the offense less effective as well.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I can't believe the Packers are doing so poorly. I mean, didn't you see them in the pre-season???? THEY TORE IT UP!!!!

Pre-season games means little ... - as the last two seasons has proven ...

Something needs to be done, fast - at this "pace" and performance, like I said in another thread, the Packers, might very well end up losing more games in the upcoming next 5 ...

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I really hate this. I didn't see the game live because I am at work but I had the live gamecenter thing online going. I am just dumbfounded. This is getting rediculous. Yeah, the Packers are banged up, got it. Where are the adjustments? I just saw some highlights and they looked exactly the same as they did last week, lost. They look lost. I don't even know where to begin with this. I'm very frustrated and probably not making any sense, but something needs to be done. Its like the old adage; "Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you." As much as I hate to admit it, the Pack just fooled us twice.

You got the quote backwards. It's "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
i still don't believe wide-spread panic is in order. it amazes me that even with the slew of injuries that the Pack has suffered, they are still able to hang with teams. im actually excited to see what happens when the team gets somewhat healthy and guys like bigby and harris return.

Panic is not my style. "Very disappointed" and "Not optimistic" would be more appropriate descriptions of my current disposition.

Not to be a cynic, but Bigby and Harris will not do a thing to our ailing offense. The defense is actually hanging in there (giving up only 23 and 16 points in the past two games ain't bad!).

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a results-oriented business.
Ted Thompson has had more than a half-decade (and that's a long time in today's NFL) to produce RESULTS, and so far we have nothing to show for it other than some individual accomplishments.

In Seattle, he helped build a nice roster, but they never could get over the hurdle. When they let him leave to Green Bay, they then made a few more aggressive moves, and low and behold, they made the Super Bowl right away.

Would you rather keep having a young team, where tomorrow appears sunny, or would you rather make a Super Bowl?

This guy has had some nice draft picks, some great picks. But when that's the only aggressive move a GM makes, you're going to have to bat twice as good as everyone else does who plays the trade & signing good free agent game.

Look at the Jets with all their "character risk" additions.

The TT-lovers said that the Jets were foolish for not building thru the draft like Ted does.

They have WR's Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes leading their passing game. Both were trades.
They have LaDanian Tomlinson leading their running game. He was a marquee UFA signing.

They added OLB Jason Taylor to help the pass rush.
They added CB Antonio Cromartie to help cover WRs.

They also have added:
LB Bart Scott, S Jim Leonhard, Kris Jenkins all from free agency.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In Seattle, he helped build a nice roster, but they never could get over the hurdle. When they let him leave to Green Bay, they then made a few more aggressive moves, and low and behold, they made the Super Bowl right away.

What moves did they make?

I am interested in knowing those

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What moves did they make?

I am interested in knowing those
haha does it matter really? i think the point is that ironically when ted was outta there, they make it to the super bowl.. is that saying something, maybe?.. i love how you nitpick at what people say and refuse to see the bigger picture in the argument.. your love for ted and MM have blindfolds over your eyes my friend

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this game against the Vikings is the season. Lose this one and forget the playoffs. We need a play caller. MM needs to give it up.

Members online

Latest posts