I think I'm rooting for the Bears in Week 16.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Chicago wins, we can get the 3rd seed with 2 more wins. If Philly wins the best we can get is the 4th seed.

Now granted, there is a scenario where we could actually lose to the Bears and still make the playoffs if Detroit loses both of their remaining games, but I don't see that happening. So I say GO BEARS! and beat the Iggles so we can have a shot at playing Carolina in the Divisional round instead of Seattle. We're going to need as much rust off of Rodgers as possible to have the best chance at beating them.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand your rationale and, at this point I would take any scenario that just gets us into the playoffs, but I really want another shot at the Seahawks. We've already proven we can beat them in Seattle and I have no doubt we can do it again. Carroll's antics after he was given a victory by the incompetent replacement refs rubbed me the wrong way and I want to see his expression as we are celebrating on his field after we beat him in a game that is much more important.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Ummm....... winning the NFC North is the ONLY way we will see the play offs. With teams like Carolina panthers, 49ERs, Cardinals, seaCawks, saints...... WE WILL NOT earn a wild card spot, that is all to easy and clear to see. WE NEED to win out, the bears need to lose out, plain and simple. NEVER ever root for the bears.....that is a good way to get yourself hurt 'round here lol

hit and run

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummm.... It doesn't matter if the Bears win or lose this next game. As long as the Packers win, the division title will be on the line in Chicago in week 17. That's what the tie did.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't stomach the bears making the playoffs. Go Philly. The 49ers could end up with the 6th seed or the cardinals could shock the world and get it.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay so am I drunk or is the OP drunk, I see absolutely no scenario in which we lose to the bears and win the division. Also, root for the bears? The only scenario in which you root for the bears is a scenario where the bears need to beat someone in the last game of the season to give us a playoff berth or drastically improve our seeding...

Root for the bears, wtf?

Bart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would never in my life root for the bears...
We just need to win the last 2 games then we have won the divison.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think so. If we lose to the Bears the best we can be is 8-7-1 and the worst the Bears can be is 9-7. They win the division and we have no chance at a wild card.

If the Bears lose to Philly, Detroit loses both of its games and we lose to Pittsburgh but beat the Bears we'd be 8-7-1, the Bears would be 8-8 and Detroit would be 7-9 and we win the division.

Bottom line: there are some scenarios that allow the Pack to win the division if they lose to Pittsburgh, but there are none if they lose to the Bears.

These are basically all playoff games now. Win, you go on. Lose, you're (almost certainly) done. And deservedly so.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way that I see it through the Playoff Machine, is that assuming we beat the Bears to make the playoffs it is either:

1) Bears beat Eagles: Packers host 49ers or Saints at Lambeau
2) Eagles beat Bears: Packers host 49ers or Panthers at Lambeau

I think that I'd rather play the Saints since they are worst on the road right now. The Panthers are a close second choice in the cold weather since I don't think they are as tough as San Francisco. The 49ers are my least favorite option although they aren't the same team as a year ago and it would be emotionally satisfying to end their playoff season.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Bears were playing the Taliban, I would wrap a towel around my head and root for the taliban......

well.... maybe

Lol, I generally root for the Bears when they play the Vikes. I respect the Bears for our shared history with them. The Vikings I just hate.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay so am I drunk or is the OP drunk, I see absolutely no scenario in which we lose to the bears and win the division. Also, root for the bears? The only scenario in which you root for the bears is a scenario where the bears need to beat someone in the last game of the season to give us a playoff berth or drastically improve our seeding...

Root for the bears, wtf?

You root for the Bears any time it helps the Packers. Whether the Bears win or lose against Philly is irrelevant as far as us making the playoffs. But it does affect Philly's seeding if they make the playoffs. The Bears losing does nothing to help us in anyway.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't stomach the bears making the playoffs. Go Philly. The 49ers could end up with the 6th seed or the cardinals could shock the world and get it.

There is no scenario by which the Bears can make the playoffs without beating us in 2 weeks.

Keep in mind, I going on the assumption that we beat the Steelers. Now if we manage to somehow lose at home to them, I'll obviously go for Philly, but I don't think that's going to happen.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would never in my life root for the bears...

So if we were in a Wildcard race and we needed the Bears to beat someone so we could go to the playoffs, you would rather see the Bears lose than see the Packers in the playoffs?

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line: there are some scenarios that allow the Pack to win the division if they lose to Pittsburgh, but there are none if they lose to the Bears.

Yeah, you're right. I was playing around with the Playoff Machine for about 20 minutes after 12 hours at work and didn't remember correctly while I was half asleep. It was a scenario by which we can tie the Bears and make the playoffs if Detroit loses both, Philly wins and we beat Pitt that I was thinking of. Either way, if we beat the Steelers, Philly beating the Bears does nothing to help us. Our game will be over before theirs starts. I fully expect us to win, so I expect to be rooting against Philly.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a scenario in which we can tie the Bears and still win it, but not lose.

There's most likely very little difference between the 3rd and 4th seed anyway. There's a pretty equal shot at both spots of facing New Orleans, Carolina, or San Francisco, all of which could easily end up as 5th or 6th seeds without necessarily being any worse than their counterparts.

The only way it would really matter is if the 3rd and 4th seeds both made the NFC Championship Game...so I can understand still rooting for the 3 seed for that possibility.

D

Dan115

I like the Packers to just win and the lions and dabears to lose every game. Not complicated for me.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the Packers to just win and the lions and dabears to lose every game. Not complicated for me.
So even if it meant the Packers would be eliminated from the playoffs, you would still want the Bears to lose? How does that make sense? If we beat the Steelers, I bet just about everyone in the Packers organization will be hoping for a Bears win.

D

Dan115

So even if it meant the Packers would be eliminated from the playoffs, you would still want the Bears to lose? How does that make sense? If we beat the Steelers, I bet just about everyone in the Packers organization will be hoping for a Bears win.

Every year I want the Packers to win each and every week and the vikes, bears and lions to lose. Every single game.

D

Deleted member 6794

There is no scenario by which the Bears can make the playoffs without beating us in 2 weeks.

There is. If the Bears win this week and both the Packers and Lions lose the Bears clinch the division this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dan115

There is. If the Bears win this week and both the Packers and Lions win the Bears clinch the division this week.

LOL so if the bears win this week and the Packers win this week you say the dabears clinch the division. And if the Packers beat dabears next week the bears will have a 9-7 record while the Packers will be 9-6-1. But you say dabears clinch this week if The Paskers win also??? Ok if you say so.

D

Deleted member 6794

LOL so if the bears win this week and the Packers win this week you say the dabears clinch the division. And if the Packers beat dabears next week the bears will have a 9-7 record while the Packers will be 9-6-1. But you say dabears clinch this week if The Paskers win also??? Ok if you say so.

Sorry, that was a typo. If the Bears win and the Packers and Lions LOSE the Bears clinch the division.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts