I think Favre WANTS to retire

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems Favre WANTS to retire.

He is taking a very passive role lately, and he "Wants to see what the team does." How about..I dunno...telling the team what you would like to see. Offer some HoF advice to the GM and young coach.

I just don't like the "eh..ill wait and see" approach. Its not what I want from my favoritest QB.

edit - and now hes nascar driving? thats risky stuff. I think that is favre saying "I'm moving on" ..unfortunately with mr. Favre, thats all we have to go on is his actions. cuz his words arent helping much. I will be happy when this is all over with.

Reaction score
I agree with you that Favre is really close to making up his mind, and its that he is going to walk away. I think he just wants to make sure he won't have any "what if" ideas and feelings half way through the season, and I think if Packers stand by without doing much this offseason, Favre will say its time to go. But on the bright side, if Packers can get a nice haul of FA's, Favre just might think that he will have second thoughts into the season, and decide to say what the heck, and play one final year. It is make or break time, I just hope TT has a great plan outlined, and that he gets the players that he wants.

EDIT: Saw other thread, I basically agree with what Chumako said.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about the "wait and see" approach either, but it would be very un-Favre like (not to mention unprofessional) to tell the GM and coach what they should be doing, especially if Favre went public with it.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cuz his words aren't helping much?

That's because you are not listening to his words. What I hear is that he WANTS to play more football, but wants to see if TT is as dedicated to winning as much as he is. In fact his latest words have me fearful that P@ck66 might be right and he may be playing elsewhere.

READ HIS WORDS. I'd like to wait and see what the team does in free agency. To you that says he's ready to retire? To me that says I got alot of football left but I wanna play for a winner.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats disrespectful to the packers then...that he thinks they arent playing to win the game. if thats how he feels, get him off the team.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
really, he hasn't called me yet? I must be 2 on speed dial, and you #1.

im jealous!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
really, he hasn't called me yet? I must be 2 on speed dial, and you #1.

im jealous!

oh he wanted me to call you ... something about having to race a car? i dunno but yea

announcement in 13 days!!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
That's because you are not listening to his words. What I hear is that he WANTS to play more football, but wants to see if TT is as dedicated to winning as much as he is. In fact his latest words have me fearful that P@ck66 might be right and he may be playing elsewhere.

READ HIS WORDS. I'd like to wait and see what the team does in free agency. To you that says he's ready to retire? To me that says I got alot of football left but I wanna play for a winner.

agreed..except for the playing elsewhere part. i'll bet my left one that will never happen, and thats my good one too, so you know i really mean it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
DePack said:

agreed..except for the playing elsewhere part. i'll bet my left one that will never happen, and thats my good one too, so you know i really mean it.

umm you wanna rid the 'good' one ... u want the one that doesnt work all the time :)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
DePack said:

the 'favre is god' people really crack me up.

If A (Favre said he wouldnt play anywhere else), but B (favre suckers say he wants to go somewhere else) then C (favre is a liar)

they indirectly say favre is a liar, but are too dumb to realize it.

i dont think favre will play anywhere else, cuz he said he wont, and ill take his word for it. but depack and shithead66 live in fantasy world.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
arrowgargantuan said:
DePack said:

the 'favre is god' people really crack me up.

If A (Favre said he wouldnt play anywhere else), but B (favre suckers say he wants to go somewhere else) then C (favre is a liar)

they indirectly say favre is a liar, but are too dumb to realize it.

i dont think favre will play anywhere else, cuz he said he wont, and ill take his word for it. but depack and shithead66 live in fantasy world.

Very nice trom :lol:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey TT's Hemroid..

Are you really 12 year's old or are you just an adult moron with a 12 year old's brain?

You know what's funny..you're really starting to remind me of an old poster on the NC forum called "Chase"...you wouldn't be him, by any chance now, would ya'???

The only difference was that he was more mature...

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Hey TT's Hemroid..

Are you really 12 year's old or are you just an adult moron with a 12 year old's brain?

You know what's funny..you're really starting to remind me of an old poster on the NC forum called "Chase"...you wouldn't be him, by any chance now, would ya'???

The only difference was that he was more mature...

I notice you had nothing to say on the subject. just name calling and references to other websites.

did my comments ring too much truth into your thick skull?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
story of my life, phil...story of my life.

Sounds like a movie deal in the making. Hey, if they can nominate "Brokeback Mountain" for an Oscar.....Maybe they can call it "Quarterback Mountain; Majkowski's Revenge!"

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO!!! If it was Gilbert Brown and Grady Jackson it would be "BROKEBACK MOUNTAINS!!!!" LOLOL!!! :lol:

Anyway............i think Favre will either: Show up at Fan Fest as a surprise guest to announce he's coming back, or he will announce his retirement right AFTER Fan Fest ends. If he's NOT coming back, i bet the Packers asked him to delay his announcement till after Fan Fest, so it doesn't put a bad feeling there all weekend.

Members online

Latest posts