1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I think Aaron slammed Brett in post-game conference

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by G0PackG0, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Video Gallery

Towards the end he gets a question about Kolb getting advice for starting.(QB) And Rodgers talks about all the help he got from and the things he learned from.... Trent Dilfer and Steve Young? lol Although with 2 picks maybe he was listening to favre.

2. packerbackerforever

packerbackerforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Favre was very vocal at the time saying he was not a teacher or mentor to the new QB because he was there to challenge him for the job. Nice attitude on Brett's part, eh? I am sure he did not help Aaron out at all except what Aaron could observe for himself. So yeah, he saw a lot of those INT throws back then.

3. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    If he had learned from The Interceptor, he would have accepted blame for the interceptions and then gone on to mention that if the receiver had done what he thought he was going to do, there would have been no interception. No one blathers on like The Mississippi Missile.

4. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    The Mississippi Missile. LOL Good one.

Yeah, Farve was a indifferent to Rodgers. Granted, he'd probably been through 15 backups and just figured why bother.

5. MNVIKES4EVA

MNVIKES4EVA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Jesus...

What is the deal with some of you Pack fans? Christ, you love the guy when he is Packer, then once he leaves to play with someone else he deserves to die? Jesus, grow up people!

Anyway, Favre has mentored NUMEROUS backups, including the ones in Minny, the guy has helped a lot of QB's throughout his time, jesus give the guy some credit.

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485

Brett had haters when a Packer, just didnt see it as much because he WAS A PACKER

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    He also wasnt calling other teams and giving away information in an act of bitterness.

8. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Ok, where did I say Brett deserves to die!? Dude, exaggerated much? It's well known Brett didn't have anything to do with Rodgers as far as mentoring him, FACT. Rodgers has stated he got more advice on how to be a good NFL QB from Tom Brady then your Lord Farve.

Secondly, Rodgers was the guy who went through the film and game planned against opposing defenses and then got that ready for Farve to review. Sure didn't sound like Farve and him were going through it together, but maybe I'm wrong. I've never heard Rodgers say one time, Farve gave him any mentoring except for what he observed himself.

I'm sure Farve did mentor some QBs, but he was disgruntled with the organization by the time Rodgers showed up and I don't think he really gave as **** by then. After like a ton of backups I doubt he wanted to mentor another one. I don't blame him. He probably figured he'd be gone soon or Rodgers would be. Maybe in Minnesota he got his motivation to start mentoring the young guys again. I dunno, and I don't really care.

Seems to me, after that first game Farve could use a little mentoring. Or at least some more injections of power juice.

9. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    And again 90's Favre was a god :bowdown:

BUT 2000's Favre was a drama queen and I am glad he is gone. I was wanting him gone the 2nd time he retired and am happy and look forward to a Future with out him as QB.

Rodgers made some mistakes this game and hopefully he can correct on them and all it was is First Game Jitters.

10. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Lets see who or what fans need to grow up by mid-season when Favre is playing like ****. Oh....and by the way, I have always been a huge Packer fan, but I have always had a problem with Favre being what everyone in the media refers to as a gunslinger. The Viking fans just remember him torching the Vikings year after year (when he was with Greenbay)and those are the only games you have watched. To me the gunslinger label just basically means he plays very out of control and will pull a game out of his *** once in awhile. You know........like the one he pulled out in SanFran last year. But we as Packer fans know he is a self centered individual who couldn't tell the Packer organization what the hell he was going to do. Favre telling the media the Vikings team last year was by far the best team he has played on was just a cheap stab at the Packers he played with and the organization as a whole. Put position by position right next to each other and compare the two teams and their is no way the Vikes from last year could hold a candle to the Superbowl team of 96. You think Jared Allen was better than Reggie White? Shancoe is better than Keith Jackson or Chumura? Your return man was better than Desmond Howard? I can look at any position with the exception of Running back and honestly say they could not even come close to the Packers 96 SB team. I guess I got off the subject but you are just one of those people who have alot of anger built up because the Vikings have really had nothing to cheer about.............ever. Except sucking about as much as the Bills back in the day. If anyone knows anything about Favre......it is the Packer fans right on here........on this Forum. The people that have watched him year after year and game after game. We don't want Favre to die. We were just sick of him being a self centered jack ***. Oh......and I don't think he helped any QB's anywhere at anytime. Who did he help? Tavarus Jackson? Spare me! Go back to the Forum you came from and love so much........... you know .....the one where men are men and sheep are scared. Why would you even come on to this forum? I certainly would not go on any Vikings forums..........and neither would.........Jesus Christ.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Hey when some people want to attack they attack. I do like how A-Rod makes his sharp comments.

12. PackFanatic

PackFanatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Love baby Love

13. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Aaron doesnt throw pick 1 if the eagles arent riding jermichael, the batted passes are always flukes

aaron doesnt throw pick 2 if the ball isnt wet. granted he should have accommodated for this, however in these two and all last season it was never a pick due to poor judgement throwing into too much coverage. its most always been those freak plays, which is why he only threw 7 last year. he probably will hit higher this year but it wont reach near th numbers of herr interceptor

14. MNVIKES4EVA

MNVIKES4EVA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, RIGHT!

Who needs to take off the blinders and quit holding grudges! Brett DOES take blame for christ sakes, what do you seriously watch and/or listen too when you "claim" to view Favre blame it on everyone else? You want an example? Ok, check out last Thursday's post game, you will then see BF blaming himself, however he has the right to often blame receivers because of mis-routes, I can't even begin to count how many time WITH THE PACKERS I saw TE's/WR's/RB's/etc run retarded routes that put BF in a position of "forcing a pass", or not even in a position to throw! I grew up with a HUGE Packer fan all my life, and while BF was playing with you guys, time after time receivers would run the wrong routes, however I ALSO saw BF taking blame for plain ol'e crappy passes (whether it was snowing, raining, cold, etc).

Come on, since BF has been a Viking I have seen nothing but class out of him (obviously besides the training camp thing of course), however like everyone else sais, if that is going to eat up his endurance for an entire NFL season at his age, then why would he need it? His numbers were better than Rodgers against a MUCH BETTER opponent this week, and Aaron made training camp, and is MUCH younger. The point is that although camp MAY HAVE caused Brett a slow start this year, it surely didn't do so last year, meaning the man has reason to think that he CAN miss it and not hurt his team when the regular season begins. Pertaining to last week, he played only half-***, but then again, it was against the NO Saints (AKA defending super bowl champs) in their loud azz dome, and Favre had his BEST WR out due to surgery, I don't think he did too bad given the circumstances. Now Rodgers on the other hand against the Eagles, rowdy environment, but half the team IMO, and you can blame weather, penalties, etc all you want, he had one more INT than Brett and didn't fare to well either (I am referring to the guy you all claim is WAY better than BF), well it didn't look like it yesterday man. Favre will only get better as the season goes on, and the challengers become easier, don't forget all the games at home in OUR dome. You seen a rough game by BF, but the same went for Rodgers, let's have time determine whether Favre is washed up like all you say on here, but last year proved all YOU doubters very very wrong! LOL:Bananas:

15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
    :Bananas:

16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
  17. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    slain by a wall of text.

tl;dr

18. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    Good God, are you guys still feeding this troll?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Good point. I think he's eaten 1/2 my brain already. Durrrrrrrrr

20. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I really want to see this whole Favre soap opera get resolved on the football field. Anyone want to take bets on how many sacks our D racks up against Favre? I'm going to start off by saying 7. I don't actively dislike Favre, but this is football and he's on the other side of the line now. This is business.

21. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
    So did Rodgers slam Brett? I never even seen/heard what the quote was

Can we get this back to that?

22. MNVIKES4EVA

MNVIKES4EVA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah right!

7 would be more appropriate if were were talking about how many times RODGERS is going to get sacked this year by the Vikes stellar line! I would give you 2 or 3 AT MOST! And that's considering both games...keep dreaming with you "7" sacks on Favre idea...it won't happen....

23. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
  24. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
    For now I locked this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.