I Still Believe

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I realize our confidence was shaken Monday by a God Awful performance and there are definitely problems that have been exposed (except A-Rod, he looked fantastic). However, today after reflecting and looking forward I just want to say that I still believe this team can be force in the NFC North and should be ashamed of themselves if they don't work their tails off to win the Division. I still believe that Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QB's in the league and I believe that our team will make the playoffs and go farther than last year!

Lastly, I believe last night was cathartic in that it gets the SB talk to disappear and takes the pressure off the team to be the SB favorites every game. It's time for them to start looking at the opponent ahead. One game at a time with a lot of games ahead. Time for the team to focus on the 13 games ahead. Bears are 1 out of Many. We blew it, man up and move on. We'll revisit the Bears again on Jan 2. Until then we got other teams to worry about.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I realize our confidence was shaken Monday by a God Awful performance and there are definitely problems that have been exposed (except A-Rod, he looked fantastic). However, today after reflecting and looking forward I just want to say that I still believe this team can be force in the NFC North and should be ashamed of themselves if they don't work their tails off to win the Division. I still believe that Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QB's in the league and I believe that our team will make the playoffs and go farther than last year!

Lastly, I believe last night was cathartic in that it gets the SB talk to disappear and takes the pressure off the team to be the SB favorites every game. It's time for them to start looking at the opponent ahead. One game at a time with a lot of games ahead. Time for the team to focus on the 13 games ahead. Bears are 1 out of Many. We blew it, man up and move on. We'll revisit the Bears again on Jan 2. Until then we got other teams to worry about.

couldnt agree more, great post

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Salute, Murgen! Great post, keep the faith and the dream alive!!! We have a great team with extraordinary talent, never forget that! Lets not let one loss shake us, we are stronger!

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really worried, we were the far better team we look sharp on o besides penalties and I think the d was flying to the ball tick tack pi calls. I love that psyco package it gives me the chills when I see it lol.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think everyone's high expectations got shot down pretty quick making a response similar to everyone feeling like we lost a playoff game. Even I had to tell myself it is week 3 and the Packers are 2-1. I would hope everyone still believes.

Nice post...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Of course we still believe, nobody scraps a season after a week 3 close loss. It was just a real rough loss and one that was unexpected. There were a lot of problems that nobody saw coming (except maybe the run game). We have high expectations, as we should, we are a good team, but we're not a perfect team. We have problems and all those came out on MNF, with the whole country watching, so naturally, as fans, we're worried about them.

PackerMX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post Murgen and I totally agree. This was an early shake for a high expectations team & fans; but it's a long long road ahead and no neet to be in panic. Need to be wise and our team need to focus on correcting the those awful mistakes and minimize them. Our team is not perfect, but as Vince Lombardi once said: “Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.” I'm still looking to our team to continue the work and get into what it's next and next is Lions, not the Superbowl.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree as well, and I'm not even that worried about our running game. I think that with the zone-blocking scheme we run, it takes a running back a little bit of time playing with the o-line for all involved to know who's gonna be where, when they're gonna be there, and why.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It took 18 penalties for us to lose. The Bears didn't beat us. We beat ourselves. I doubt we play another game like that again this season.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one have a hard time sugarcoating such an embarassing performance. The Packers had a touchdown, and two interceptions negated by silly penalties. Those mistakes were the difference in the game! For weeks all we heard from McCarthy was that he had devoted "special attention" to special teams during training camp. On Monday night the performance by the special teams was absymal. The Packers had a short range field goal attempt blocked, at the professional level this is a simply inexcusable error! Allowing your punter to continue to punt line drives to a return man considered to be one of the most dangerous in the NFL was inexplicable. The Packers were clearly the superior team, and yet they lost. I'm personally angry and frustrated that they missed a golden opportunity to show the nation that they are the best team in the NFC!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright, be mad, but lets not over-react. Bad games are gonna happen. Period. This was a bad game and we still had a chance to win it. We didn't. It's time to stop being pissed, chalk it up to being a bad performance that probably won't be repeated and look forward to the next game.

I'd be super pissed and frustrated if this were a consistent occurrence. It's not.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You STILL believe?

Nobody has stopped.

Maybe some people don't think that we're SB favorites anymore.

But this team IS one of the best, and IT WILL reach the playoffs. How far it goes, it'll depend on which kind of performance it puts together.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts