1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I sold Packer-Seahawk tickets for $10,500

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Sep 11, 2006.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's right, it ain't a misprint. And now the rest of the story. On Friday evening my wife and I were at a fund raising banquet and auction for a place called "Farm in the Dell" in Helena MT. One of the live auction items were two tickets to the Packer-Seahawk game the weekend after Thanksgiving.

The auctioneer, who knows I am a Packer fan asked if I would auction them off. We got stalled at $8000 until I threw in a dinner date with Brett and Deanna, then the bids came out of nowhere.

They guy who finally got them is a Seahawk fan, but his generosity was something else. He then walked over and gave the prize package to a Downs Syndrome boy and his mother, and said he would pay their expenses and flight to Seattle. The kids is a big time seahawk fan. That made my evening.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Wow.......that is generous!
    I hope that kid understands just what he has been given!

3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    :shock: That is amazing... what a guy... wow...

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Low blow! Just because he has Down's doesn't mean he doesn't understand.

I'm just kidding cheesy. I know you didn't mean it that way!

What a great act. How did you get the dinner date with Brett and Deanna?

5. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Um, DePack, I didn't say Deanna and Brett FAVRE.....the Deanna and Brett I know are last names of Slobinski, and the guy is a plumber in Butte MT. Ya gotta be careful how you word things. :D They guy knew I was joking, and the whole evening and auction were filled with humor and joking around.

The auction raised almost $150,000 for this place, which is a farm/home for developmentally disabled adults in Helena.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOL!!! I know....i should have been more deliberate! Bob didn't say how old the kid is, and i have seen parents bring young kids to events that the kid has NO clue as to what is going on, and how big it really is. My bad!!! :lol:

Hey Bob.......you think there is room at the dinner table for me to eat with Brett and Deanna???(Slobinski!)LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

7. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There's always room at Slobinski's table....just kick a few of his dogs off the chairs....lots of room.

The boy is 16 and quite a character. Every few minutes from his table I hear..."packers suck." I'd look over and he'd be waving and ginnning. I think I'd have to agree with him on that one.

The first thing my wife told me when we got there is "Don't raise your hand, nod your head, or even cross your eyes or you'll probably end up with a $5000 chocolate cake." I'm not kidding, a few cakes went for 3-5 thousand bucks. Waaaay outta my league. My wife's cousin and her husband are big contributors to this place and they always invite us over for a nice weekend.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    3 to 5 grand for a CAKE!?!?!
    (It better come with a REAL pretty girl in it!!!) :wink: :lol:

9. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL I always like to read a thread like this especially after week one

10. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    great story, montanabob!! the slobinski's will be glad to hear that dinner with them is worth $2500 - without the dogs on the chairs, of course!! LOL! :) :) :)

11. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, what a great story to read after a long day of work! Thanks for sharing Bob!!!

TBH, dude honestly no offense but do you actually read what the poster typed instead of reading the title and typing a remark? That remark was tasteless, and really dumb.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I read, and re-read all the posts in here........looks to me like something must have got deleted! (What did i miss???)

13. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    There is some good in the world after all. Thats a special gift for that young man and his family. you made this young mans life.

14. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    oops i kind of only skimmed it

15. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They were worth something at the time of sale.