I Should Go Ahead and Introduce Myself

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey there, hello.

My sports fandom ranges. I grew up in 5 different states. New York, Georgia, Missouri, Illinois, and Delaware. So, this will sound weird, just bare with me.

Football (NFL): Saints. My dad grew up in Chalmette, Louisiana and has been following the team since its inception. Strangely, before that he was a Bears fan as he was born in Chicago. I followed him with the Saints. But *not* the Bears. I have somewhat of a soft spot for the Eagles, as my mother is from Philadelphia, and I was born there. While living in Delaware I was in Philly an awful lot, and just grew into the sports scene. Which brings me to...

Hockey: Flyers. Never had a hockey affiliation before, and even while living in Illinois I never got into the Blackhawks (of course you couldn't watch the games on TV back then either).

Basketball: Sixers. Same thing with the Flyers. When I was a little kid I guess I liked the Knicks but that was just because of Patrick Ewing.

Baseball: Cubs. this one raises as many eyebrows as the Saints thing does. Well, I can only describe it as...when I moved to Illinois, my dad took me to Wrigley, and it was love at first sight. This team drives me nuts, but I am only emotionally attached to them. I also like the Red Sox as my AL team. My dad is a white sox fan but personally, their fans turn me off. I know Cubs fans are nothing to scream about either, but White Sox fans make it hard to like the team at all.

College football: LSU and Delaware. LSU because of heritage (and part time Tulane which makes more sense geographically), and Delaware because that's where I went to school.

Soccer: Not sure how many of you on here are into association football, but I am into the EPL and am a Blackburn Rovers fan. It's a weird story that, if you're not into soccer, you won't really care to know. So I won't bore you.

There you go. I think that about covers it. It's a strange life. Look how much I had to explain there.

Cheers.

Oh, and I am rooting for the Pack this weekend.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
Completely with you on the Cubbies. We used to live 60 miles out of Chicago and went to Comiskey Park a lot. Went to Wrigley to watch Nolan Ryan pitch for the Astros and that was the end of us following the Sox. Still don't think I can get past the whole lights at Wrigley, just doesn't feel right to me.

OP
OP
Krymestone

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i haven't been to wrigley without the lights (before my time there) so i can't relate to that but i know what you're saying. just wait till they take the scoreboard away...won't even be wrigley anymore.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
That's just a sickening thought to me. We used to hang out on Waveland Ave and try to catch home run balls. I got a couple, but we were so wrapped up in getting them, I have no idea who hit them. It was just a family affair every time we went to the stadium, complete with the family drunks more often than not.

I can't relate to the fans at Camden yard, just not the same.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Wow!! Your closet must look insane! LOL!!

Thats ALOT of teams to keep track of, but a great variety...(what no tennis??)

Keeping track of the Pack and rooting for them drains me too much emotionally to keep up with too many other sports besides some tennis!

Welcome!

OP
OP
Krymestone

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks all! @luvGB - actually i am a tennis fan, too. i'm watching the aussie open right now, and federer's fighting for his life.

i grew up an agassi fan and rooted for sampras. and i've followed rod****'s career and while it's been a disappointment, i have still ejoyed watching him. i like nadal and murray, too. and this kid, monfils, is fun to watch.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
thanks all! @luvGB - actually i am a tennis fan, too. i'm watching the aussie open right now, and federer's fighting for his life.

i grew up an agassi fan and rooted for sampras. and i've followed rod****'s career and while it's been a disappointment, i have still ejoyed watching him. i like nadal and murray, too. and this kid, monfils, is fun to watch.

I started as a Lendel fan,.. then the Becker/Edburg era,.. Sampras/ Agassi.. (Agassi for me!) Now the Nadal/ Federer era is AMAZING.. (Nadal here!)

Monfils is fun!

Members online

Latest posts