I really can't believe some of you guys

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
If he's 100% fine. I doubt he will be though. High 80's... low 90's... but I doubt he makes the full 100 before the end of the regular season.

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR's 1st day back will never be 100%. He didn't look great in the first half of the SF game. Get him in there earlier than later. It's happened to HoF players... rust grows quickly. Sit him for 10 months?! You kidding me?!!

As far as risking further injury.... it's a collar bone, not an ankle, foot, elbow, shoulder, neck, hand, wrist, hip... ITS HIS COLLAR BONE! They just need time to heal... but after six weeks for a 20+ athlete... OMG! The pain med's have come a loooong way since Favre's days. The number of peripheral acting drugs to mitigate localized pain has increased dramatically. Its one of the results of the opioid overdosing in this country.

The Bears will lose to the Eagles, and we can beat these bastards in a revenge game in Chicago. The Ravens have won three in a row and can beat the struggling Lions. We can't get the 5th or 6th seeds, we have to win our division... and with AR I think we can.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
AR's 1st day back will never be 100%. He didn't look great in the first half of the SF game. Get him in there earlier than later. It's happened to HoF players... rust grows quickly. Sit him for 10 months?! You kidding me?!!

As far as risking further injury.... it's a collar bone, not an ankle, foot, elbow, shoulder, neck, hand, wrist, hip... ITS HIS COLLAR BONE! They just need time to heal... but after six weeks for a 20+ athlete... OMG! The pain med's have come a loooong way since Favre's days. The number of peripheral acting drugs to mitigate localized pain has increased dramatically. Its one of the results of the opioid overdosing in this country.

The Bears will lose to the Eagles, and we can beat these bastards in a revenge game in Chicago. The Ravens have won three in a row and can beat the struggling Lions. We can't get the 5th or 6th seeds, we have to win our division... and with AR I think we can.

So we risk the health of the best QB on a season that is barely alive? I don't think so. I am guessing you don't know how severe the clavicle injury can be if he re-breaks it? If it re-breaks and goes inward at the correct angle, it will punture the upper part of the lung....if it goes even further in, it can hit the heart..... please look up the danny amandola injury from 2012. His collar bone missed his heart by 1 inch.

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Oshkosh - Better stay off the roads. I hear there things called car accidents and people get hurt in them. Don't go outside! It's cooooold.

But thank you for making my point. What exactly could go wrong? And more specifically... what are the odds vs. a "healthy" QB? Is there such a thing as a healthy QB?

Thanks for telling us you're such a big Bears and Lions fan. From what I know... The Bears still suck!

This a play-off caliber team when Rodgers plays. OMG... did I tell you about the ice!!!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
why such a smart ***? Risk vs reward in this scenario is just not worth it. He is the highest paid/Best QB..... want to risk him doing permanant damage because we have only a slight chance of winning the division? Even if he was 100%, he would be rusty and that wouldnt give us a for sure win. Who we gunna beat anyways? The saints, seahawks, 49ers..... lol....I don't think so, not with our current laundry list of injuries and the sharp decline in our defense. What you have is a pipe dream, so put down the pipe because you are high. ......and don't call me a bears fan or lions......that **** is just childish, grow the f*ck up. Stop being the homer, be real.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Let me guess....... you have been a packer fan since the mid - late 90's? Watch clips from the mid 70's - late 80's and I doubt that you would be a fan.... you would have jumped ship.

Guess people don't know how to PROTECT an INVESTMENT.

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grew up 35 miles NW of you, moved away ten years ago, my son's walls are full of Packers' posters, living room shows my two shares of the team that beat me up for 25yrs before winning their first w/ #4... another 44yo hardened bastard like me. Look, I respect your shoulder, my Dad checks into Bellows on Monday, but we all have one best asset, and you protect its use, not its memory or dreams of future use. Sitting him down because it hurts means the med staff doesn't know about Exparel, Autologel, Qutenza and other non-systemic approaches to pain mgt and regenerative healing strategies. Yes, all FDA approved because they're tested against placebo... no herbal crap. He's ready! There's zero excuse for not playing.

Like others... I think Quarless slipped yesterday. I'm starting to like that guy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Grew up 35 miles NW of you, moved away ten years ago, my son's walls are full of Packers' posters, living room shows my two shares of the team that beat me up for 25yrs before winning their first w/ #4... another 44yo hardened bastard like me. Look, I respect your shoulder, my Dad checks into Bellows on Monday, but we all have one best asset, and you protect its use, not its memory or dreams of future use. Sitting him down because it hurts means the med staff doesn't know about Exparel, Autologel, Qutenza and other non-systemic approaches to pain mgt and regenerative healing strategies. Yes, all FDA approved because they're tested against placebo... no herbal crap. He's ready! There's zero excuse for not playing.

Like others... I think Quarless slipped yesterday. I'm starting to like that guy.

Why wouldnt the staff use those?

All you are doing is masking the pain, and I believe the staff is looking at that along with is the bone healed..I highly doubt they arent aware of those and I am pretty sure they use them..

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

DAMN man, it's not about the pain, players play through that **** all the time. It has more to do with the HEALING process. The bone has not fully re-calcified to form a strong bond. It is still essentially weak and needs more time to heal. Arod is also having trouble handing the ball off to his left, which would be a huge issue if we can only run to the right. Not all guys heal the same and at the same pace. Giving him meds to overcome the pain is one thing, sending him out there with a weak link is not a smart idea.

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've read... they have not. It's been about movement and ice. And ask someone in pain if masking the pain is okay. It's 6 weeks for a 28yo athlete. He's more likely to get injured elsewhere than to have the collarbone refracture. Know his medical history? It's extremely clean. Did he think he'd play fifteen years w/o breaking a bone?!

That collarbone break also lead to other systemic problems: TT's USA Today interview on their "hope n pray" approach to a back-up QB; the D goes from Top 5 to last place... averaging ~25th place when #12 isn't keeping the ball on the field... btw, we were more banged up in the 1st seven games than the last six; Clements' comment about Tuck's pick-6 (Tuck said it was predictable, Clements made a smart *** comment that shows us he hasn't learned from that mistake); now they want to pay $8m/yr for a 28-30yo 300 pounder. "Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked." - Warren Buffett ...he's a pretty good investor.

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mmmm no, its actually about the pain. But if you want to talk about regenerating osteoblast activity there are a few of them out there. I don't mean risedronate and its 21 day half life, and there's a lot more out there than Autologel... some are from your own skin tissue while others are more synthetic. I hope the staff is telling him to make comments that downplay their aggressive and Quarless was right... but we did win by just 1 pt last weekend. Shows me AR's comments are right n the staff isn't "informed".

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I've read... they have not. It's been about movement and ice. And ask someone in pain if masking the pain is okay. It's 6 weeks for a 28yo athlete. He's more likely to get injured elsewhere than to have the collarbone refracture. Know his medical history? It's extremely clean. Did he think he'd play fifteen years w/o breaking a bone?!

Romo when he broke his..10 weeks out
Woodson 9 weeks

All I read is he has his treatment routine not specifics..Care to show links saying what it is?

Found this while looking around for answers, not sure if it pertains to Rodgers injury

http://ajs.sagepub.com/content/38/10/2092.abstract

Results: Nineteen players sustained a middle-third clavicle fracture over the 5-year period. Six fractures were nondisplaced or minimally displaced. All 6 healed at an average time of 7.3 weeks. Thirteen fractures were 100% displaced. Six of the 13 underwent acute surgical fixation that resulted in fracture healing without complication at an average of 8.8 weeks. The remaining 7 players with a completely displaced fracture were initially treated nonoperatively. Three of these 7 healed clinically without sequela at an average of 13.3 weeks after injury; however, 4 players sustained a refracture within 1 year of the initial injury.

Conclusion: Over the past 5 years, nearly 50% of NFL players with a completely displaced middle-third clavicle fracture were treated successfully with acute surgical fixation without sequela and healed at an average of 8.8 weeks. Three of these players were able to return to play during the same season. In addition, 4 of 7 players initially treated nonoperatively for a completely displaced middle-third clavicle fracture refractured their clavicle within a 1-year period from their initial injury. The 4 players missed an average of 1.5 seasons because of their clavicle injury and subsequent clinical course. Based on this review, it may be reasonable to consider acute surgical treatment of this injury in the NFL player to enable a successful clinical outcome in a predictable time frame.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
mmmm no, its actually about the pain. But if you want to talk about regenerating osteoblast activity there are a few of them out there. I don't mean risedronate and its 21 day half life, and there's a lot more out there than Autologel... some are from your own skin tissue while others are more synthetic. I hope the staff is telling him to make comments that downplay their aggressive and Quarless was right... but we did win by just 1 pt last weekend. Shows me AR's comments are right n the staff isn't "informed".

You know the bone is fully healed and he is being a wuss?

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This 2010, retrospective analysis looked at 13 NFL players with clavicle injuries in the 2005 to 2009 seasons. This is a very low statistical sample, especially considering there were only six players with "nondisplaced or minimally displaced" middle third clavicle fractures over this five year period. The study discussed the role of intervention strategies for the displaced injuries. Among the nondisplaced, it found the average healing time was 7.3 weeks, with a range of six to eight weeks. These were 23-28yo WRs and DBs, no QBs. While I can't tell you the difference in injury rates between these positions, I suspect QBs are injured at a lower rate given the rules and the number of contacts/game. While Lacy took a week off for his head to heal and Matthews took a month off for his broken wrist, you should expect your star QB to risk another fx and the offense to reduce the risk via play calling. His odds of reinjury appear to be ~5% in a year for a nondisplaced fx.

I don't want to turn this into a biotech investment blog but there are several companies that leverage BMP-2, while others use adult stem cells to generate bone growth. While I can't provide a specific link, I've been looking for comments from the players, coaches and organization that they're using the latest advancements in bone healing and can now only hope that they're further along than, "we just have to wait for the bone to heal on its own" comments. The 2/3 comments suggests its the pain keeping him back, not a hair on a hair fx. btw- there's no switch that's triggered and it's magically healed one day... bones constantly regenerate, more so under gentle pressure and movement.

Oh, as far as the Harrington injury. He got hit by an SUV biking while not wearing a helmet. The punctured lung had a lot more to do w/the grill than the clavicle he broke. We all live with risks. The odds tilt in his favor to sit, but tilt in the teams favor to play.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder if it was someone's son whether they would want him playing in what is a violent sport with a collarbone the doctors say isn't healed enough???

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?! You don't think the thought of being hurt ever entered a players' mind? Or their parents?! The word is... its healed enough, but there's pain. You probably ***** about players' salaries but don't miss watching a game on TV too.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The word is... its healed enough, but there's pain.
Sorry but you're going to have to provide a source on that if you want to be believed because you seem to be the only one to have seen such a report. BTW, pain doesn't happen without a reason aside from various nerve disorders.

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the etiology of neuropathic vs. peripheral pain. My source? ...see last weeks' posts. What we heard early in the week had flipped by the end of the week. Lately, including MM's XM interview, he's saying "medical", is keeping him off the field. He also downplayed how much AR practiced. It appears ARs muscles weren't ready last week but they pegged it on the bone. There's just too much focus on this story for The Pack to have a consistent answer on all this. Hey! Anyone interview Quarless today?! Love that guy!!

You want a source for all this? All the dirty laundry gets aired out by our former free agents. Unfortunately, much of it includes some garbage. But at some point we'll find out what was actually going on.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder if it was someone's son whether they would want him playing in what is a violent sport with a collarbone the doctors say isn't healed enough???
Interviewing Air-Run's parents or the parents of other players who are injured would bring in a fresh and new perspective to sports writing instead of the same ol' same ol' that we are always getting from coaches etc.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interviewing Air-Run's parents or the parents of other players who are injured would bring in a fresh and new perspective to sports writing instead of the same ol' same ol' that we are always getting from coaches etc.
What I was getting at, is you can be a little more insensitive to the situation when it's not personally effecting you. Like the saying goes, Depends on whose Ox is getting gored.

Last edited: