I really can't believe some of you guys

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Asking for Rodgers to sit out even if he is 100% healthy just so we can get really good draft picks.
SMH

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as far as i'm concerned, regardless of the sport, you put out your strongest team every week to make sure you win, or at least give it the best possible shot

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe Aaron. It hurts?!! OMG I work in the life science industry: There's bupivicaine shots, Lidoderm for the tissues surrounding the bone, electrical stimulation, a handful of stem cell derived products for tissue regen like Autologel... ICE after practice. I no longer assume the med staff knows this stuff. After all, TT told USA Today the back-up plan was to 'not think about it' since no one can replace #12. Brilliant! And WTF has he been doing for 5 weeks if he's sore from lifting last Tuesday n throwing a little on Wednesday? How many times was #4 held out because of a fracture?! ZERO And we're going to pay $8m/yr for a 28-30 year old 300 pounder?! Aaron's injury has exposed a lot!!

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as far as i'm concerned, regardless of the sport, you put out your strongest team every week to make sure you win, or at least give it the best possible shot
I agree! With or without Rodgers you play to win with players you have. Now is the time to fix the problems and find out who really deserves a roster spot moving forward. That includes coaches!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't believe Aaron. It hurts?!! OMG I work in the life science industry: There's bupivicaine shots, Lidoderm for the tissues surrounding the bone, electrical stimulation, a handful of stem cell derived products for tissue regen like Autologel... ICE after practice. I no longer assume the med staff knows this stuff. After all, TT told USA Today the back-up plan was to 'not think about it' since no one can replace #12. Brilliant! And WTF has he been doing for 5 weeks if he's sore from lifting last Tuesday n throwing a little on Wednesday? How many times was #4 held out because of a fracture?! ZERO And we're going to pay $8m/yr for a 28-30 year old 300 pounder?! Aaron's injury has exposed a lot!!

This is a different time for injuries than when Brett played...Lot of players on the team do use those shots...This isnt about Rodgers being a wuss..The medical staff is preventing him not to play..

Is it possible those products you mentioned, might be banned in the NFL?

I am pretty sure the doctors and trainers are using all the current treatments...

And about the USA Today article, I think you are misunderstanding it

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...n-rodgers-brett-favre-seneca-wallace/3483879/

Q. When you're building your roster from year to year and thinking about the big picture, how much do you take into account the possibility of an injury to Aaron Rodgers?

A. You make sure you have so many of every position, given the limitations of a 53-man roster. But quite frankly, you never think about your better players ever getting hurt. If you think that way, you might jinx it. It might happen. Literally, you don't think about it. It's a place where you never tread.

Q. Do you believe in jinxes?

A. No. But you still never tread. You just don't like to say it.

While looking at the roster no one says what if Aaron gets hurt in fear they jinx him..I am under the impression is all he is saying.

Not that Ted is thinking...Rodgers will never get hurt so I will never address the back up issue

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This is a different time for injuries than when Brett played...Lot of players on the team do use those shots...This isnt about Rodgers being a wuss..The medical staff is preventing him not to play..

I am pretty sure the doctors and trainers are using all the current treatments...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...n-rodgers-brett-favre-seneca-wallace/3483879/

While looking at thew roster no one says what if Aaron gets hurt...I am under the impression is all he is saying.

Good points. AND Brett maintained that Ironman streak by getting addicted to Vicodin. I think the Medical staff know what they're doing.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers will play when he's 100%, which I suspect will be next season. If we were somehow able to get in the playoffs--maybe then. Who knows? You can be sure the doctors are going to do what's best for the Packers--which means what's best for Rogers.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was disheartening to hear him say he is still experiencing more pain than expected, if that is the case, he is not healed at all and I highly doubt he will be cleared to play by the medical staff for at least 2 more weeks. And for the boneheads that think A-Rod might be a wuss, it has nothing to do with it.

He has to be cleared by the medical staff to play or he wont play, period.

Also, I am really hoping his comments about pain are maybe, just maybe some smoke & mirrors gamesmanship as he is announced the starter moments before kickoff on Sunday...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It was disheartening to hear him say he is still experiencing more pain than expected, if that is the case, he is not healed at all and I highly doubt he will be cleared to play by the medical staff for at least 2 more weeks. And for the boneheads that think A-Rod might be a wuss, it has nothing to do with it.

He has to be cleared by the medical staff to play or he wont play, period.

Also, I am really hoping his comments about pain are maybe, just maybe some smoke & mirrors gamesmanship as he is announced the starter moments before kickoff on Sunday...

Are people thinking that he has pain so he wont play?????? I do not think that is the reason why he isnt playing..

Every player has pain, he played an entire game on a broken foot once..I had heard he had a little knee issue at start of year he played with (that explains why he he didnt seem himself 1st few games)

Once the dr say he is cleared, he will play...

H

HardRightEdge

For a guy in life sciences I would expect you to know taking a shot covers up an injury, it does not cure it. And since pain is nature's way of telling you to stop what you're doing, covering it up exposes it to a more severe injury with the next hit.

I would not mess with a collarbone on a franchise quarterback, even if it is on a non-throwing arm.

(1) If the shoulder is not 100%, he might need to adjust his mechanics which could lead to a throwing arm injury.

(2) If he takes another hit on it before it's healed, causing a more severe injury, his mechanics (which are as perfectly balanced as you'll ever see) could be permanently compromised.

To take one example, Carson Palmer came back too early from a knee injury. His mechanics were altered and he ruined his arm. He's been getting by these past few years, and "getting by" is about all it's been, on pluck and guile. That's OK if we're talking about Matt Flynn, a plucky guy with an average arm at best, working as a backup. I'd rather not see Rodgers become one of those guys.

When Favre is brought up in these Rodgers injury discussions, I must admit my first thought is "dead-ender".

Rodgers said he could not come back last week because there was "too much pain". In this case, with this injury, any pain is too much pain.

I don't think anybody has said we should throw games to enhance our draft picks. However, playing Flynn, as much as I appreciate his gamer-ness on display during 2 of the last 3 weeks, the logical conclusion is we'll not make the playoffs with him. And that's the price we have to pay to not compromise the next 7-10 years of HOF QB play.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What really sucks or bothers me about this is that it is taking time off of a great career.
If we don't make the SB this season (We still could, doubters.) then that is a season gone from Aaron that he can never get back.
Only way to make up for it is to get to the SB. And we were on such a roll and then Aaron gets hurt.
Just disappointing all around but the Pack may come back.
Don't give up on this team until there is actually something to give up for.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In another thread I suggested that he go out there suited up to fool the Lions before that game.
Not that I expect MM to read that and take my suggestion. But there are sneaky things he could do such as what you and I are suggesting.
I don't think they will do anything sneaky even though they should.
Get in the other teams head and psych them out a little.
When Aaron is cleared to play don't tell anybody. Have Flynn take the first couple of snaps, then replace him with Rodgers. Defense won't know what to do. Touchdown! :D

H

HardRightEdge

Good points. AND Brett maintained that Ironman streak by getting addicted to Vicodin. I think the Medical staff know what they're doing.

He was lucky he didn't wreck his mechanics, such as they were. Then again, the increasing number of high throws to the other team as the years went on should perhaps give pause.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was lucky he didn't wreck his mechanics, such as they were. Then again, the increasing number of high throws to the other team as the years went on should perhaps give pause.
I dunno what the effects of Vicodin are, but maybe for BrINT, all the jerseys looked alike?
And any interceptions to any Jets or Vikings players were a sign of things to come. :laugh:
"It kinda felt good throwing to him. Do I really belong in Green Bay? Hmmmm...."

Vicodin, Vikings. Both sound alike.
A possible phone conversation between Brett and his agent Bus.
"No Bus, I said I wanted more vicodin. Not to be going to the Vikings. Can I get out of this mess?
I can't get out of the contract?
Oh well. May as well make the best of this, right Bus?
Hang on. There's a snake on the floor here at my feet in my room and I gotta take a picture of it and send it to this girl who studied biology. Maybe she can tell me what it is."

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

What really sucks or bothers me about this is that it is taking time off of a great career.
If we don't make the SB this season (We still could, doubters.) then that is a season gone from Aaron that he can never get back.
Only way to make up for it is to get to the SB. And we were on such a roll and then Aaron gets hurt.
Just disappointing all around but the Pack may come back.
Don't give up on this team until there is actually something to give up for.

When life hands you misfortune, the worst thing you can do is jump to press your bet. There are time when you just have to suck it up and cut your losses; unless and until Rodgers is 100% and pain free, this is one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

lol i was about to say..what mechanics?!?! Fart threw more passs back pedlin and off is back foot then any qb in history haha. If Fart had the throwing mechanics Rodgers has with his arm strength he could of been one of the best pure passers ever. Put it this way he would have thrown more Td's and less int's even with some of his bonehead throws haha.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We live in a world of instant gratification. We want to win NOW, at any cost.

Some would even jeopardize the career of our future HOF QB.

I say sit him until 2014. Win as many games as possible with Matt Flynn. Groom Matt Flynn to be back-up QB next year.

I have to agree with one thing, when the Packers were 5-2 I told everybody who would listen that they were on their way to 14-2. Or maybe 13-3, worst case. And I still really believe that. I was literally sick to my stomach during the game Aaron Rodgers got hurt.

Everybody raise their hand who wants to see Rodgers mashed to the turf with a 350 pounder bouncing his fat off Rodgers shoulder.

Thought so.

Shockwave
Green Bay Packer fan est. 1959

H

HardRightEdge

While looking at the roster no one says what if Aaron gets hurt in fear they jinx him..I am under the impression is all he is saying.

Not that Ted is thinking...Rodgers will never get hurt so I will never address the back up issue

Guys who take shots on a regular basis are either up in years trying to squeeze out playing time or guys on the bubble who fear losing their job if they're not on the field. With every shot taken to get on the field on Sunday, there's at least a little "North Dallas Forty" involved. A younger player who doesn't live on the bubble who's taking a shot in a joint week after week will shorten a career just as the sun rises in the east.

As for MM's comments, he's notably inarticulate. I wouldn't put too much stock in one word like "jinx". Given the chance for an interpreter to say the following for him, I think he'd take it:

"It's hard enough and time consuming enough preparing each week with all the front line players on hand. It's not productive to worry about "what if's" that are too numerous to count and which may never come to pass. We build the best football team we can going into the season [no mention of the "cap"...that's bad form], and throughout the season when injury necessitates, and when guys get hurt we expect the next man up to step up. I don't see any other way to go about it."

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I know right. Even though if Lions lose 1 more time we have #4 Seed locked.

The nerve of some of these "Packer Fans". I use that term loosly. Why?!? This is not the NBA.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers is 100% he plays. 80% I'd rather he sit even if an 80% Rodgers is better than at least half of the NFL QBs

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
The nerve of some of these "Packer Fans". I use that term loosly.

There is a lot of emotion in this thread whereby this isn't really an emotional issue. HardRight Edge essentially nailed it. Your defense sucks so bad that you are basically looking at a 2% shot at winning a SB.

Playing Rodgers is fine. Taking a risk on him is just plain stoopid.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a lot of emotion in this thread whereby this isn't really an emotional issue. HardRight Edge essentially nailed it. Your defense sucks so bad that you are basically looking at a 2% shot at winning a SB.

Playing Rodgers is fine. Taking a risk on him is just plain stoopid.

If Rodgers is 100% why not play him? Would they sit Tom Brady or Drew Brees,Payton Manning ect if those teams were out of it?

Staff online

Latest posts