1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I need help making a decision! I wanna go to a packer game

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by JoshTheChild, Jan 22, 2008.

1. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so I viewed the schedule and I circled a some of the possibilities of the games I would like to try and make! I need your help to try and make this the cheapest trip as possible for me! I live in Houston and I understand that making a packers home game would be a long shot since it would unfortunately be the most expensive. but anyhow here goes my list!

ROAD

Tampa Bay

Tennessee

jacksonville

minnesota

Home

atlanta falcons

Colts - just because my fiance is a colts fan

and YES I know we play the saints in the superdome, but I really do not like that city and the saints fans are rude

2. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not saying we will blow out the Falcons, but I'd say that's probably the best chance to see a win, especially at Lambeau. I'm going to try extremely hard to get to a game at Lambeau next season, and that'll probably be the one I try to go to.

3. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: I need help making a decision! I wanna go to a packer g

ya that will prolly be the cheapest tickets for a home game, but idk how to get to green bay. I guess fly to milwaukee? and then what?

4. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

Green Bay has an airport. :lol:

5. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

oh really? man I am dumb! lol and I am a packer backer?? well maybe I can go to the atlanta game who knows

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

No Josh....your not dumb.......Green Bay is small compared to every other NFL city, but they still are pretty good sized. How did you think the other NFL teams got there? "Horse and buggy?"LOLOLOL!!! :lol:
    The Colts game will have more demand, cause of the Peyton/ Favre match up.....IF Favre comes back that is. The Atlanta one SHOULD be lower priced.

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Yeah i have known for about for 2 months thanks American airlines i was bored so i searched for green bay lol woot we have a airport..................

8. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

lol man that would be a dream to go to that colts game, but I have to be reasonable and settle for the lower price. I am really considering the tampa bay or tennessee trip though so far above all else. but ya hopefully somebody here knows about those cities a little bit. Which ever one I decide I would like to get a hotel right by the stadium!

9. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    If you are going to spend the moeny to travel and see the Packers, travel to the Mecca. Go to the Packer Hall of Fame, old Hagermiester stadium etc. It is worth the few extra bucks. Hit the Falcon game or a honme game late in the season (many season ticket holders are older and usually give up their tickets for the winter home games as long as the game is not important.

Look into Flying into Milwaukee or Chicago O'hare or Midway (south Chicago) The flights to Chicago are usually cheeper. Then you need to rent a car for the trip to GB (you'll need on anyway) it is a 90min drive from Milwaukee, 2:45 from O'hare and 3:30 from Midway.

But, if you are going to a GB home game here is an important tip: Make your hotel reservations within HOURS ofthe schedule being released. The hotels fill up that fast.

If you need more help, let me know.

10. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I believe we also play the Cowboys at home this next year too.

11. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

hey trippster I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with my trip, this will mean a whole lot to me if i can get it done! any help will be appreciated! u gave me a nice chunk of info right there alone! come august I would like to have my goal and destination picked out! I hope it is the tundra though!

12. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

You will need to have it picked out by late March/Early April, as thats when the schedule comes out. And as Tripp said, you will need to book your hotel within hours of the schedule being released.

13. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

lol wow u are right

14. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

Which ever game you decide to go to, I hope you have a great time. My first trip to Green Bay last December was awesome. :D

15. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    it might be that I end up in Jacksonville or tennessee!

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If you DO get to Green Bay, make sure to let this site know! There are alot of people on here that have lots of info to help you! I read Trippsters comments, and he;s right on about it. (He's a smart cookie!)
    If you can't make it here for a game, a second option would be to make a trip up for training camp! You get to be up close to the Packer players, as many of them ride bikes or walk from the stadium to the practice field. Plus, the hotel rates are "normal", and not the price you have to pay on home game weekends. Then, you can see the stadium tour and Paker hall of fame too.
    Just an idea for you to kick around!

17. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

hmm that is a GREAT idea cheesey! if I was to do that would you hit up training camp too? be fun to go with other people I know. those would make for some great pictures and I could load up on packers gear while in GB.

18. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    man out of the 3 away games which game would you choose?

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Heck YEAH!!!
    It would be fun for me to be able to show you around!!!
    If it's possible, i would do it!

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hmm....being as you are from Houston, wouldn't Tennessee be the closest one for you? (I don't have a map handy, so i'm not sure) That might help you decide which one to try for.

21. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ya cheesey I guess I aint really too worried about distance since I would fly anyway. I hate the titans for the most part except for VY. so that game would be fun to see the pack