1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I love the midwest

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Packerbacker04, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not from November to April though. I hate the harsh cold winters in Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Anyone else feel this way. I am heading south in late Feburary early March so I am pumped about that. This has been a snowy cold winter so far. I was looking at midwest snow totals and Minneapolis has hardly had any snow this year but Green Bay has had 54 inches of snow this year compared to Minneapolis 22 inches! Grand Rapids Michigan has had over 70 inches of snow this season and Marquette in the upper peninsula of Michigan has had over 120 inches of snow this season.

2. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't mind the snow. I despise the cold, though. However, being retired, I don't have to go out when it is cold.

My sister moved to Fl. three years ago, and told me yesterday she can't understand how come people stay up here in the cold. I guess it was absolutely beautiful there.

3. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I live 15 miles west of Marquette in Michigans beautiful Upper Peninsula.
    We have about 50" more snow than the average at this time of year.
    On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday the NWS is predicting temps to be as low as 25 degrees below zero.
    This is a great place to live until temps get that low.

4. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I believe i've uttered the phrase "i'm moving somewhere where it's hot in December" probably 100 times this winter. I just can't stand the cold. Especially lately, with the wind chills at like -40 or something.