I love that Starks just keeps goin... Also No Huddle thoughts...

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No arm tackles for this guy! And when he moves out to the slot we don't seem to loose much. A-Rod was great last year and he is a great QB... If he can learn/lead this team to be 80%+ no huddle this season we will win a LOT and he will be closer to legendary. Peyton Manning was on the sidelines but ZRodgers looked just like him at scrimmage. imo

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if the no huddle is to help get the team in shape faster? Since the missed valuable time to do that

OP
OP
G0PackG0

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers hinted at that during a sideline interview. I hope it stays though. Defenses get tired too!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The only downside I see from him right now is his blitz pickup/pass pro. Otherwise things looking promising for him to get bulk of the carries.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I was also very impressed with Starks last night. Last night made me very optimistic for the season this year. Our first team was very impressive.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was also very impressed with Starks last night. Last night made me very optimistic for the season this year. Our first team was very impressive.

our OL made me cringe though. Josh sitton, I believe, even gave up a sack.

I can't believe how big Starks looks. It is night and day from last year to this. He is HUGE and hasn't lost any explosiveness.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Starks but the o-line rteally needs to get better 4 sacks is not good,I also like the no huddle shows just how good A-rod is glad he is a packer.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks is a stud, he just oozes talent. The one thing he is bad at is pass protection and when I say bad at it he is AWFUL at it.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Starks missed completely on Freeney and then Freeney went around Clifton for a sack. Rogers gave him an earful for that.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Starks is a stud, he just oozes talent. The one thing he is bad at is pass protection and when I say bad at it he is AWFUL at it.
I guess that's like Aaron Rodgers is a stud, he just oozes talent. The one thing he's is bad at is....
Oh wait, he's a QB so he can do his job.
Let's see, Starks is a RB and he "ooozes" talent but he's so bad you have to say he's AWFUL at something that is not his job?
Dude, nobody questions AP's blocking ability. He is what he is.
And by the way, how in the heck do you see him as AWFUL? He's not any other RB, but he is what he is, a capable RB.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess that's like Aaron Rodgers is a stud, he just oozes talent. The one thing he's is bad at is....
Let's see, Starks is a RB and he "ooozes" talent but he's so bad you have to say he's AWFUL at something that is not his job?
And by the way, how in the heck do you see him as AWFUL? He's not any other RB, but he is what he is, a capable RB.

I know you enjoy trolling me and embarrassing yourself but its possible for someone to be a good running back and awful at pass blocking. Some running backs are great at running the ball and pass protection and awful at catching the ball. Pretty easy concept DUDE

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is a terrible argument and response to what 'okcpackerfan' wrote. I believe you just committed a logical fallacy.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I love that Starks seems to fall forward. And I really think if our O-Line could do a better job our RB's average numbers per carry could go up. It seems like its the O-Line that is holding up our offense. Maybe the no huddle will hurt Rodgers more than help him if it leads to more sacks, cause our OLine keeps letting guys through.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love that Starks seems to fall forward. And I really think if our O-Line could do a better job our RB's average numbers per carry could go up. It seems like its the O-Line that is holding up our offense. Maybe the no huddle will hurt Rodgers more than help him if it leads to more sacks, cause our OLine keeps letting guys through.

I love a no-huddle offense and feel there are way more pros then cons to it. I think sacks would actually stay about the same where they normally would. I think this because there are more offensive plays so more opportunities for sacks but the defensive linemen tire very quickly and not being able to sub in and out makes them wear down and not rush the passer as effectively.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I just watched the GB-IND game again. Starks definitely impressed me with his runs. He seems to always get a couple more yards after first contact. OTOH, Grant seems to run into traffic and get dumped right in the middle. Grant is very important to our offense, imo, this year, but Starks looks to be the longer term future.

Oh, and this tiff between Okcpackerfan and DevilDon is getting old. Maybe one of you can toss an olive branch by removing the antagonistic signature...

Jebsta16

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Starks is going to be a beast next year when Grant is gone. I expect Grant to get most of the carries early on but as the year progresses they will start to split. Grant is my favorite player but the writing is on the wall. Starks has too much talent/potential to keep on the sidelines.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The thing I most like about Starks is he is able to bounce off hits and pickup another 3,4 yards or more after first contact. I think he will learn to get lower and become a premier back in the league if he keeps improving.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing he brings to the table that Grant doesnt really posses is the ability to be split out of the backfield and actually demand some decent coverage. Once he gets his hands on the ball he seems to have good vision and usually makes one guy miss. If and its a big IF he can clean up his pass protection i can really see him being the featured guy next year

Members online