I love Ryan Longwell, but...

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Longwell's contract is over at the end of the year. Who do you not sign in order to keep Longwell: Kampmann, Jackson, Henderson, Green?

Kampman

of course if i were calling the shots, Justin Tuck would've been the 58th pick and would be waiting in the wings to replace Kampman...

Longwell is a great kicker, several FGs at the buzzer to win games last year, can kick under pressure very well, he's used to kicking on the tough elements lambeau field will provide, keep him as long as you can. Or we could be like the Jets, be cheap, let Longwell go, sign an also-ran kicker and lose a big game just because of a missed kick

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I don't see it as whining by Longwell. He's just a perfectionist. That's why he's such a good placekicker. Even more than most things in sports, kicking is about preparation and confidence. If Longwell is not confident that the ball will be in the right position every single time, his kicking will suffer and the Packers could lose games because of it. It's in everybody's best interest, not just Longwell's, for the team to find an established holder. I'm hoping Sander can do the job because of the uncertainty with the backup QB's. (Considering that the #3 QB cannot play unless the top two get hurt.)

Greg I have to agree with you here. I think kicking is a lot like golf as how well you do relates to your confidence. If you mess up a couple of shots your round can go downhill. He has won us many games and I would like to see him get what he needs. I am not a big fan of kickers and would be just as happy if they took kicking out of the game but as long as kicking gets you points we might as well have someone who is good at it.

Later
Leopardmech

Staff online

Latest posts