1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I love Ryan Longwell, but...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bruce, Jun 3, 2005.

1. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Apr 22, 2005

of course if i were calling the shots, Justin Tuck would've been the 58th pick and would be waiting in the wings to replace Kampman...

Longwell is a great kicker, several FGs at the buzzer to win games last year, can kick under pressure very well, he's used to kicking on the tough elements lambeau field will provide, keep him as long as you can. Or we could be like the Jets, be cheap, let Longwell go, sign an also-ran kicker and lose a big game just because of a missed kick
  2. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Dec 10, 2004
    Greg I have to agree with you here. I think kicking is a lot like golf as how well you do relates to your confidence. If you mess up a couple of shots your round can go downhill. He has won us many games and I would like to see him get what he needs. I am not a big fan of kickers and would be just as happy if they took kicking out of the game but as long as kicking gets you points we might as well have someone who is good at it.