I like the Packers chances against the Viqueens

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the Yikes win in sloppy fashion against the worse team, I feel real real good about the Pack going up against Burnt Fail.
For big contenders last year, that was no way to win against the lowly Lions.
What do you think? :dontknow:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I like our odds too, though I am not so sure about playing the Lions next week. I hope we can hold off Suh. I saw Favre on the ground so much and I just hope we don't see Rodgers down there. Its not that I don't think the Packers can do great things, because they can. Though at the same time I think we overestimate the opposing teams just to keep us discussing on how great our team is but it could get better.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Lions at Lambeau, I'm not too worried. They lost 22 consecutive road games. I expect that to continue to 23.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was referring to the Pack vs Viqueens game and asking for your thoughts on that one. Not the Lions one.

Though if you want to offer opinions of Pack vs Lions, sure, go ahead.

INpackfan66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BF looks very tired and does not seem to have any timing or chemistry with any of the receivers. I believe our defense can make his day long and miserable. If the Yikes, ( I like that! ), lose a few more games, I see BF losing all interest in being there, and that will lead to total offensive breakdown! They just aren't very good. If it comes to sitting BF down, Chilly doesn't have the stones to do it. I think he is a "stuffed shirt" coach at best. There was an interesting comment made on NFL Today, "Aging veterans need to work harder, not less." BF is really looking old this year, I wonder where his head really is now.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see he kicked our *** last season and everyone on here is confident?

Yeah thats what we need to play, a motivated Brett Favre. Cant really talk **** until we beat them. I dont want the packers to walk into the game with an attitude like they are better, because until they prove it they arent. Is Jared Allen still on the team? Yeah, thought so.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
But the Packers are the improving team and Vikes are the declining team. Heck as I was trying to say the Lions look scarier than the Vikes. But then again they have Favre and he can work his magic on big games where the season isn't riding on the lines. And I believe Packers vs Vikes is one of those big games. Sigh, I really want to the Packers to destroy the Vikings and tear them a new one this season, then go on and be the Super Bowl champions. Actually I think we all want that. And since we all want it, we will look with Green and Gold colored glasses and hope, pray, and cheer for it till it happens.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But the Packers are the improving team and Vikes are the declining team. Heck as I was trying to say the Lions look scarier than the Vikes. But then again they have Favre and he can work his magic on big games where the season isn't riding on the lines. And I believe Packers vs Vikes is one of those big games. Sigh, I really want to the Packers to destroy the Vikings and tear them a new one this season, then go on and be the Super Bowl champions. Actually I think we all want that. And since we all want it, we will look with Green and Gold colored glasses and hope, pray, and cheer for it till it happens.

okay fine they are in decline or in a slump but the quickest way out would be to beat the packers. Last season for the 2nd meeting we were the improving team and they still kicked our ***.

AP hasnt given up the ball this season and looks like a much better runner than he was last season. No Rice right now is what the media blames but we will be seeing him at least 1 time this season. Over confidence is blamed for alot of the short comings last season, I hope the fans arent joining in

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
okay fine they are in decline or in a slump but the quickest way out would be to beat the packers. Last season for the 2nd meeting we were the improving team and they still kicked our ***.

AP hasnt given up the ball this season and looks like a much better runner than he was last season. No Rice right now is what the media blames but we will be seeing him at least 1 time this season. Over confidence is blamed for alot of the short comings last season, I hope the fans arent joining in

Absolutely! Overconfidence and underestimating an opponent often leads to fatal mistakes! Sure the Vikings look horrible right now but who is to say that will last all season? We don't want to be the ones responsible for their turn around and thus, the prolonging of Favre. I think the Pack will win the game, but I also am wary of them all the same. Momentum is a funny little creature, who knows what tomorrow holds. Another thing to consider is we have to get through the Bears first before we get a hold of Favre and his Vikings. One game at a time and may the Pack win!!! :viksux:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score

Yes, but at the same time, Vikings are going on their bye this week, refresh themselves, hyping themselves up. They get off their bye and versus the Jets. Who have a mighty defense and I don't know if there is some emotion from the taste Favre left there, though it seems like a whole new team since he left, but their defense is something to fear. So even if they scrape a win, they will be slightly beaten. Then its versus the Cowboys, the hit or miss of the league, just like the Vikings. It is this game that would be the game we can judge them by. Not saying we are most like the Cowboys, but its the game before ours.

Now on our side of the schedule, we have the Bears tomorrow who are judgement team. If we beat them, we can feel pretty confident in ourselves, if we don't then the Packers should re-evulate themselves and sharpen themselves versus the Lions. Next game is versus the Redskins who are trying to prove themselves and hopefully we can sharpen ourselves versus them too. Test out our running backs and get in the groove and get ready for midseason. By this time I would like to say the Packers are 4-1, yeah a random loss in there somewhere to keep ourselves realistic. We versus the Dolphins who are doing alright and they show us what we really need to work on to stomp on the Vikings. The Packers enter their game on the 24th right after a tight toss up game, and we go after the Vikings. By that time we will have enough film to study the Vikings patterns, their ups and downs enough to come up with some kind of counter. Though AP is doing well, their passing game isn't so far, and it will be this game I really think we can judge Favre's season.

I still think we can take out the Vikings, it will be close but I think our O-Line has improved and our defense will only get better.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but at the same time, Vikings are going on their bye this week, refresh themselves, hyping themselves up. They get off their bye and versus the Jets. Who have a mighty defense and I don't know if there is some emotion from the taste Favre left there, though it seems like a whole new team since he left, but their defense is something to fear. So even if they scrape a win, they will be slightly beaten. Then its versus the Cowboys, the hit or miss of the league, just like the Vikings. It is this game that would be the game we can judge them by. Not saying we are most like the Cowboys, but its the game before ours.

Now on our side of the schedule, we have the Bears tomorrow who are judgement team. If we beat them, we can feel pretty confident in ourselves, if we don't then the Packers should re-evulate themselves and sharpen themselves versus the Lions. Next game is versus the Redskins who are trying to prove themselves and hopefully we can sharpen ourselves versus them too. Test out our running backs and get in the groove and get ready for midseason. By this time I would like to say the Packers are 4-1, yeah a random loss in there somewhere to keep ourselves realistic. We versus the Dolphins who are doing alright and they show us what we really need to work on to stomp on the Vikings. The Packers enter their game on the 24th right after a tight toss up game, and we go after the Vikings. By that time we will have enough film to study the Vikings patterns, their ups and downs enough to come up with some kind of counter. Though AP is doing well, their passing game isn't so far, and it will be this game I really think we can judge Favre's season.

I still think we can take out the Vikings, it will be close but I think our O-Line has improved and our defense will only get better.

I wont count my chickens before they hatch, hope you understand.

And the jets D is overrated judging by tonight.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see he kicked our *** last season and everyone on here is confident?

Yeah thats what we need to play, a motivated Brett Favre. Cant really talk **** until we beat them. I dont want the packers to walk into the game with an attitude like they are better, because until they prove it they arent. Is Jared Allen still on the team? Yeah, thought so.

If everything went by what happened last season, everyone should hang up their cleats and give another trophy to the Saints! I think the confidence everyone has just comes down to common sense.

Are the Packers better than they were last year? I would have to think so if you look at our O-line. Is our Defense better than they were last season? I would say they are. Is our special teams playing better? So far they are.

Would it really be tough for a damn near 41 year old guy play the best football he has ever played in his entire life? More than likely. Is Jarrett Allen going to play against Allen Barbre? No! Has Favre thrown almost as many Int's as he did the whole last season. Yep.

I do however agree with you on one thing. We need to prove that we are the better team.........and until then.......we just need to keep our mouths shut......be humble.......play football.....and we we play the Vikes........just out play them........and kick the **** out of them.

We have to play the Bears tonight, so first things first!

Members online

Latest posts