1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I like the choice

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packedhouse01, Jan 12, 2006.

1. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I like this new guy. From everything I've read, he has a little fire in his eye and demands accountability. I believe that kind of temperament is important for today's athlete. I don't think the buddy system works. Shermans players loved him, but they didn't work very hard either. I think the inmates are done running the show in Green Bay. I'd bet we're going to see improved play in all facets of the game next year. I can't wait.

2. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not going to expect much next year--nor would I have expected much if Sherman had stayed. There are too many questions with personnel, especially the interior O-line. We will most likely lose several free agents on both sides of the ball (and special teams), who will be replaced by youngsters. We will need to be patient. But I will continue to give McCarthy the benefit of the doubt as long as he doesn't do a whole bunch of stupid things right off the bat.

3. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :D I am going to have my usual high expectations of the Packers.
    Which by the way are: that they work hard, function as a team, support growth and development and never quit. If they meet those high expectations good things will follow :beer:

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've grown leaps and bounds on McCarthy. In the interview, he seemed compoised and cool. Yet he was authoritative, something not seen with Sherman. Perhaps that is what our young team needs. I hope McCarthy can get the job done!

5. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One of the newspaper write ups on him said his offense was innovative. I am not sure what that means. I wouldn't want a flea flicker or HB option on every series although it would be innovative. But it would be nice not to be as predictable as they were in the past.

6. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, at least he won't run a reverse at the opponents 11 yard line when the defense is compressed into a small area...yeah, we beat the SeaChickens, but that play was ridiculous. Heck, McCarthy may even use the running game to employ play action rather than leave the QB exposed to a beating in empty backfield sets.

I will not miss that idiocy.

7. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Was that "idiocy" or "Idiot"?