I Like Aaron BUT...

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems this offseason one of the most popular debates was if Brett should come back or if it was time to let Rodgers take the team over. While I do like Aaron and hope he'll turn out I just think everyone should take a step back and realize what we've been blessed to have for the last 15 years with Favre and not take for granted not having to worry about the QB position. So while I do expect Aaron to have a good career for the people who think it should of started now and didn't want Brett back consider this.
Take a look around the league and try to count how many franchise QB's there are. Sure there are some that are good for a short stretch but I mean true dependable QB's.
Just start with our division. The Bears are still just dreaming of finding a guy who can play a whole season never mind a 10 year stretch. Since Brett started they've had at least 15 guys start at the position for them and their still looking. Then there's the Lions. They would of started just as many as the Bears but they were determined to turn a loser into a winner and sadly after a few wasted years they're also still looking. Lastly there's the Vikings who had a good stretch with Daunte and to them seemed like a nice era but to us we would say it was nothing then a nice little stint and right now they're in the same situation as us looking for a future QB.
In saying all that the only point I wanted to get across is if you wanted Aaron to take over or not just sit back and enjoy what we've been blessed to have. I say enjoy this season cause who knows if we'll spend the next 15 years looking for our next franchise guy. As history has proven just cause you take a first round QB surely does not mean you've found your answer at QB.
Now I'm not saying I don't see the reality that Brett's better days are behind but I for one will still enjoy one more year of knowing the QB position is one I don't have to worry about.
So go get em Brett and play the year of your life cause it may be a long time till we find a rock like you again

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent post Cdnfavrefan,

Good to see us Canucks thinking alike. The old cliche "You don't know what you had until it's gone" seems fitting for this post. I never did understand those who want to rush Aaron out on the field to rebuild the team "Now". It only shows disrespect to Brett who "is" the QB of our team and not something you just throw away because you "think" he doesn't have it any more.

That is not something that I, as a Green Bay fan want to ever remember !!!

Post Note - The man still has game anyway, and lot's of it. Cheers !!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Favre retires, he'll be missed. Not taking anything away from Rodgers, but there are no guarantees in health alone. Look at just about every QB in the league and count how many games they've missed due to injury. Count how many full seasons today's #1 QB's have played. I'd be thrilled if Rodgers turns out to be a great QB and lasts 10 years.

Favre still has his stuff. Give him a line that count get the RBs to average 4 yards per carry and we'll see 30 TDs out of Favre this year. Then watch everyone beg Favre to play one more year and we'll see how many people will straight up lie and say they never said Favre was washed up.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Seems this offseason one of the most popular debates was if Brett should come back or if it was time to let Rodgers take the team over. While I do like Aaron and hope he'll turn out I just think everyone should take a step back and realize what we've been blessed to have for the last 15 years with Favre and not take for granted not having to worry about the QB position. So while I do expect Aaron to have a good career for the people who think it should of started now and didn't want Brett back consider this.
Take a look around the league and try to count how many franchise QB's there are. Sure there are some that are good for a short stretch but I mean true dependable QB's.
Just start with our division. The Bears are still just dreaming of finding a guy who can play a whole season never mind a 10 year stretch. Since Brett started they've had at least 15 guys start at the position for them and their still looking. Then there's the Lions. They would of started just as many as the Bears but they were determined to turn a loser into a winner and sadly after a few wasted years they're also still looking. Lastly there's the Vikings who had a good stretch with Daunte and to them seemed like a nice era but to us we would say it was nothing then a nice little stint and right now they're in the same situation as us looking for a future QB.
In saying all that the only point I wanted to get across is if you wanted Aaron to take over or not just sit back and enjoy what we've been blessed to have. I say enjoy this season cause who knows if we'll spend the next 15 years looking for our next franchise guy. As history has proven just cause you take a first round QB surely does not mean you've found your answer at QB.
Now I'm not saying I don't see the reality that Brett's better days are behind but I for one will still enjoy one more year of knowing the QB position is one I don't have to worry about.
So go get em Brett and play the year of your life cause it may be a long time till we find a rock like you again

I couldnt have said it better :D

Members online

Latest posts