I kind of wish the Packers would have did the Denver trade.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver traded the 25th pick in the draft to Washington for their third-round pick (76th overall) in this year's draft, along with first- and fourth-round selections in 2006.

I wouldn't mind it if we were doing that trade with our 24th pick with a losing team like Denver did with Washington. If Washington tanks this season, you could get a top 10 pick next year. If they do good this year, we wouldn't be drafting much worse than 24th next year which is where we are at now. It has the potential for more upside than downside in my opinion.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/c ... id=2041257

OP
OP
A

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington gets:

Denver's 1st round pick this year, (25th overall pick in the draft)

Denver gets:

Washington's 3rd round pick this year, (76th overall pick in the draft)
Washington's 1st round pick in next years draft
Washington's 4th round pick in next years draft

The Packers pick at 24, one spot ahead of the pick Denver had at 25. I would love to get what Denver got. It's almost like Washington was trying to jump ahead of some team to grab a certain player. It would be cool if someone wanted to re-jump Washington to get another chance to get the player Washington is after and asked the Packers for a similar trade so they could get back in front of Washington.

Seems kind of odd for Washington to make a trade like that now before anyone even knows how the players are rising or falling in the draft. I would have thought a trade like that would more likely be made during the draft.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Snyder's a putz - thinks he's the latest Jerry Jones reborn....

Stupid deal on the Redskins side.. nowhere near fair & balanced...

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good trade for Denver. It would've been nice if it were us. God Bless the salary cap. Snyder is finding out the same thing Jones did. It's really, really hard to buy a championship,even by mortgaging the future and they're not as football smart as they thought they they were. :whippin:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts