1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I just got home from wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Packerbacker04, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just came home from Milwaukee. Milwaukee looks alot like Columbus ohio I think. I took a ride down North Avenue which a bunch of dudes were staring at me so I hurried up and got off then ate at a boston market on silver spring drive I believe it was. It was a long drive but it was worth it. You guys have alot of beer companies in that city. On the exit on North Ave there was paintings on buildings of people so I see there are alot of artists down that way. What is that Espenoza international building used for? Well im back in Michigan now but I might get over there again when the tigers play the brewers in Milwaukee.

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    North Ave, nice area of town lol :)

3. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I drove through Milwaukee once. I thought Cleveland was the mistake on the lake but now I'm not so sure. I also went to Wisconsin Dells, Hartford, and Beaver Dam. Those areas were really nice. Actually I thought every part of Wisconsin was really nice except Milwaukee.

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When I would go anywhere near north ave I would lock my doors, there are definately weirdos there..:)

5. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, for the good old days. When I was in grade school in Whitefish Bay me and my friends would ride our bikes down Oakland Ave. to North Ave, the go west on North to 3rd street to a place called The Music Mart. 45's were 79 cents (not the guns you young'uns) and we'd load up and come back up 3rd street to Locust and cut over to Oakland and back home. I had a friend from Milwaukee North HS and we'd ride over to his home all the time....no problems and we never gave it a second thought.

Times have sure changed. And Milwaukee is a nice town. Hell, any town that has breweries is a nice town!!!! :D

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh Bob.....how true! There are some areas in Mill-Town that used to be safe that arn't now. I got robbed when i lived off of 20th and Greenfield back in 1986. Before that, i was not afraid to walk around anywhere. Now, i really watch where i am. It's a shame that it's come to that.

7. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Something I also allways do......watch out where you are, Alan. :wink: :lol:

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Harald!!! You ROB people????LOLOLOL J/K!!! :lol:

9. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG] 8) :lol: :lol:

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    I know which building you are talking about, but never have heard or driven past it to see what it is..

The Boston Market is in Whitefish Bay, nice area,unlike where you might have been on North Ave..If you are east of about 60th and North it starts to get pretty bad, anything west of there it isnt to bad at all..

North Ave goes from about the lake and almost in to Waukesha...Which is prob aaround 20 miles or so.,..