1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I just got home from Milwaukee once again

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Packerbacker04, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I went to the tigers brewers game. That ballpark is freaking awesome. The problem was I didnt get home till 3 a.m. It was hot yesterday where I was sitting. It was a good time though. I loved the first game when the Tigers kicked butt but the second game we let the brewers win. :lol:

2. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There's no question, Miller Park is one awsome stadium.
    We went to a night game there against the Florida Marlins a few years ago.
    The game was played with the roof open. After the game they closed the roof and then reopened it all to Star Wars music.
    It was quite a production.

I was hoping to get to Detroit to see the Tigers play in their new stadium this summer since my oldest son (who graduated from Central by the way) lives just outside of Detroit. However the company he works for down there is transferring him to Marquette in mid July so it ain't happening.

3. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    GOOOO BREWERS!

and yes...Miller Park has quickly become one of the most popular ballparks in the bigs.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'll be going there in August. Won a couple tickets to a game. It is a nice stadium! (But i miss County Stadium!)

5. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Comerica park is pretty nice, but i miss the history of Tigers stadium. The fountains at comerica can't compare to the seats right behind the support beams at the old stadium.

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I always liked County Stadium too Cheesey.
    I went to both Packer and Brewer games there. It was always an enjoyable experience.
    Because I liked the stadium so much, I had a hard time understanding why they wanted to replace it.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah Yooper.....i had LOTS of good memories there. My first Packer game was there, a preseason 6-6 tie against "Da Bears". In the early 1980's we went to a Brewers opening day game, and it SNOWED! I went to several White Sox home games there during the late 1960's, when we didn't have a team. I was there during the making of the movie "Major League".........lots of good memories!