I just can't see this as a W...

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess maybe I just need a confidence boost. My father believes the Packers are going to win. Frankly, I can't see it and usually I'm an optimist. I believe in being optimistic. I hope like heck that I'm very very wrong.

I just don't think that MM and our youth are experienced enough against this well coached verteran team. I think BB is going to pull out all the stops on our young Oline which will take away not only time in the pocket for Favre, but also checkdown options such as bubba, green, herron, or even hendu. I think if we don't get pressure on Brady he is going to pick us apart and not because our secondary is that bad, but because hes smart enough to move the chains consistantly. I just don't think we have the experience in order to beat these guys. Like I said I hope I'm so wrong on this one.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That same argument could have been made for the J-E-T-S last week

That's a good point. No name RB's, no real playmakers besides coles at WR. Pretty good Oline. New defensive scheme. Mangini has the benefit of having coached with BB, though.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the improvement we've seen since the bye week continues we can win this game. We're getting a running game going (Green: 100+ yds rushing in 3 out of the last 4 games). Even when that doesnt work as in the game against the Vikings, we're able to get it done in the air. Although it was a little over a quarter, the O line without Tauscher was still able to hold up.

We're also getting consistent pass rush and defending the run very well.

While its going to be a tough game, I think we can win if:

The offense doesnt turn over the ball.
The secondary doesnt break down every now and then and at the worst possible moments.
Special teams dont make stupid mistakes and give away great field position or have us starting drives from just outside our end zone.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB has New England's number. I know, it means nothing, but I see no reason why The Pack can't win this game.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude this is the best time possible to play the Pats and it's at Lambeau field, c'mon there's no reason why we cant push these guys hard well into the 4th quarter.

Early prediction: Rayner kicks clutch FG to win it! :-D

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing I'm worried most about is Richard Seymour vs. Tony Moll. If we can neutralize him somehow (likely with extra blockers), we'll have a shot, if not, it could be a long, long day.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
GB has New England's number. I know, it means nothing, but I see no reason why The Pack can't win this game.

For me that really means nothing..New coaches , lot of new players..

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
is tausch OUT for the game sunday? is there a possibility he's gonna play?

He's out. Tony will be starting. I hope MM doesn't make the same mistake he made with Colledge and not give him help right away.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing I'm worried most about is Richard Seymour vs. Tony Moll. If we can neutralize him somehow (likely with extra blockers), we'll have a shot, if not, it could be a long, long day.

You're right that is definitely a concern. The interesting part is our best pass rusher Kamp is also going against a rookie RT. Strange isn't it?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

He's out. Tony will be starting. I hope MM doesn't make the same mistake he made with Colledge and not give him help right away.

Just posted something aobut this..

a guy that has insight is saying he looks to be done for the year

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can win this game if we play almost tottal Error Free football. By error free i mean we gotta be crisp. No penalties/no turnovers. And if we do what we all know the Packers can do we can win this game.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can win this game if we play almost tottal Error Free football. By error free i mean we gotta be crisp. No penalties/no turnovers. And if we do what we all know the Packers can do we can win this game.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, my pessimistic side always wonders if we can ever win...it's a curse, I'll tell you. But this I know, if we lose, it won't be because our guys didn't give it everything they have. We have a high character team and I'm proud of that. Whoever we play must go all out to beat us. N.E. is a talented team even with their injuries. We'll find out Sunday if we are ready to play with the best or not. Doubt not that every team in the NFL would love to have guys like Hawk, Driver, Tausch; Men dedicated to their jobs and team. It's no accident that there are Packer fans world-wide even after poor seasons. All the world loves men of high character no matter what their role in life is. And, mark my words, by 2008 this team will be the one to beat. TT is doing a sterling job of bringing back a team left with very little talent. I actually look forward to the draft now. Sorry for the long-winded spiel.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To MM's credit the penalties haven't been as much a problem this season. He is slowly changing the culture of this team from undisciplined, turnover prone, penalized to disciplined, cautiously aggressive, and cutting out stupid penalties.

The team plays hard every game. VERY hard. The penalties are becoming less and less of a problem. Now if MM can somehow get this once largely turnover prone team to take better care of the football I'll be duly impressed.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
bozz_2006 said:

Just posted something aobut this..

a guy that has insight is saying he looks to be done for the year

I find that curious since Tausher felt much better on Wednesday and was quoted as saying he is still holding out hope he can go on Sunday. Doesn't sound like any kind of season ending thing at all from that.

The staff said something like 10 to 14 days in yesterday's report so more than likely they will hold him out and hope for next week.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

In the case of Colledge starting, that decision was made shortly before kickoff. In this case, the coaches have had plenty of time to develop a blocking scheme with Moll starting. I doubt this will be a problem.

We definitely can get a W out of this game. Hit Brady hard and often early. Put pressure on him, thereby keeping it off our DBs and never giving their young WRs a chance to make a difference.

There's no question our offense can score enough points to win. The only question is whether or not our defense can stop them.

GO PACK GO!!!

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
bozz_2006 said:

In the case of Colledge starting, that decision was made shortly before kickoff. In this case, the coaches have had plenty of time to develop a blocking scheme with Moll starting. I doubt this will be a problem.

We definitely can get a W out of this game. Hit Brady hard and often early. Put pressure on him, thereby keeping it off our DBs and never giving their young WRs a chance to make a difference.

There's no question our offense can score enough points to win. The only question is whether or not our defense can stop them.

GO PACK GO!!!

You make an excellent point about Moll vs Colledge. I agree with you that we need to find a way to get to Brady and hit him hard as well as often. No big mistakes on the offensive end as well as hitting Brady may lead to a win.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Patriots have had their pants pulled down a few times in the last couple years, with two home losses to Indy and a mistake-filled loss at Denver in the playoffs last January. They no longer have that air of invincibility. The drain of talent from both the players and coaching staff has taken its toll, even though they still have enough talent to be a contender, especially with Belichick and Brady.

I think the Packers offense and defense can play even with them. My big worry is the special teams. There have been some really alarming problems with the special teams lately, especially the kick coverage unit. I could see Maroney just torching us there, and being the difference in the game.

As for Tauscher, I don't think I've ever heard of a groin injury being a season-ender, at least not this early in the season. I expect him back in a week or two.

Members online

Latest posts